First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lady Fran ZitBacon

United States

#62 Feb 26, 2011
"life is what you make it. if your outlook sucks then so will your life." Wherever you are, whatever you do, there you are, and its up to you to make it WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE !!!!!
Get your heads out of whatever dark, dingy place you keep it, open your eyes, spend less time complaining and more time looking around at all the good things in life. It doesn't matter whether you're in, Trenton, Timbuctu or Ticonderoga, There are an equal number of good things and bad. Ticonderoga ain't bad if you hang out with good people.
Former Ti Native

Camden, NJ

#63 Feb 26, 2011
Former Ti Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I own 156 acres and pay $1946.47 prop & school taxes combined.
Down here it would cost me $19000.00 on the same amount of property. Taxes have to be paid anywhere you live. Some are more some less I believe I have a bargain. Stop Cryin!!!
I forgot to tell you that my land is NOT in TI but in the A/P and in the north country. I am also taxed as a nonresident and would pay even LESS if I lived there. Sorry if I confused anyone.
historygirl

Schenectady, NY

#64 Feb 26, 2011
Lady Fran ZitBacon wrote:
"life is what you make it. if your outlook sucks then so will your life." Wherever you are, whatever you do, there you are, and its up to you to make it WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE !!!!!
Get your heads out of whatever dark, dingy place you keep it, open your eyes, spend less time complaining and more time looking around at all the good things in life. It doesn't matter whether you're in, Trenton, Timbuctu or Ticonderoga, There are an equal number of good things and bad. Ticonderoga ain't bad if you hang out with good people.
not sure why you quoted me, but i agree. i wasn't complaining about ti at all. as i said, i love it here.
humf

Chicago, IL

#65 Feb 26, 2011
Former Ti Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to tell you that my land is NOT in TI but in the A/P and in the north country. I am also taxed as a nonresident and would pay even LESS if I lived there. Sorry if I confused anyone.
you show the true traits of a ticonderoga "local". its a 4 letter word--- starts with D and ends with B... DUMB
sayingitall

Jaffrey, NH

#66 Feb 26, 2011
I used to wrote:
I used to love Ti, or so I thought. I moved back with my family. I took the risk that Ti would be something akin to what it was when I grew up there. I couldn't have been more wrong.
Either I had forgotten how mean the people are, both with money and without, or it has just gotten worse, much, much worse. Frankly, I have found that, generally, those folks with the least are the nicer of the lot. Just my perception and my experience.
We moved away again. The bullying and level of violence (by anyone's definition, I think) in the schools was shocking, puzzling and overwhelming. The fighting within the churches was simply unreal. Then, came the alercations that take place on the sidewalks, in the park and even in the stores. The place was beyond recognition.
How do we define success? When I see an "educated," well-to-do parent's child being mean to, hitting, selling drugs to another person's child, I just wonder how enlightened that person-parent is, you know, with their "education," "resources," and "success." And yes, I have witnessed all those things. So, when people say "It depends on your last name..." they are not creating fiction.
The most disturbing place I have ever worked in my life was the Ticonderoga School District. I had to stop volunteering at Moses Ludington/Interlakes--it was entirely too unsettling an experience. It's all very saddening.
Why don't more people leave Ticonderoga? Well, what many folks told me was that, at least during this depressed economy, they just couldn't do it, or they would have already. I do mean many people. Mostly young people but people of all ages.
I encourage everyone to find the hope, resolve and peace in their heart to move on, if they feel they need to. We needed to. My children never stop thanking me. It's not perfect anywhere, but it is indeed a fact that some places are safer and more functional than others.
<quoted text>
very well stated and totally agree. good luck to you and your family!
Gotta get some

Middlebury, VT

#67 Feb 26, 2011
Are you sucking on a morphine patch?
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, that kind of thing doesn't happen in Ticonderoga! Everyone who lives there is wonderful, breaks no laws, gets no special favors, and always conducts themselves in such a way that there should never be any question about their integrity or ability to treat everyone with fairness and equality. No one in Ticonderoga ever gets special treatment!!
And if you dare to say anything that contradicts this, you will be hunted down and shot on sight!
Jack DeVaney

Las Vegas, NV

#68 Apr 26, 2011
The town is a decaying mess. You people are nuts. Eagle Lake rocks,
No good

Albany, NY

#69 May 1, 2011
Ti is a sh*t hole.
aureen Smith McGovern

Fairfield Bay, AR

#70 Jul 7, 2013
Jack DeVaney wrote:
The town is a decaying mess. You people are nuts. Eagle Lake rocks,
I was lucky enough to spend all my summers in the Adirondacks. My parents were born in North Creek and moved to Witherbee in 1912. My Aunt Nellie and my Grandma Smith lived on Wasson St. My Aunt Babe owned the Roma /restaurant in Ti. I was lucky enough to be able to walk through the bar and take one of her meatballs out of the frig anytime I wanted. Smitty took me fishing. Annie and I went swimming at their camp. We all went with Babe as she chased the fire engines to see if there would be anything she could do. Uncle Paul made me Shirley Temples as I walked in the door. Sitting
At a dinner in Hollywood I was seated next to an actor. We chatted and then I asked where he was from. Ti he said. Mike Witney/ Whitney Armstrong became one of m dearest friends. I still love them all and catch up on everyone from Billy Baldwin in
Witherbee. I now live in Arkansas and pine for home. It may be as
bad as people say, but I promise you it is better than the rest of the world. Maureen Smith McGovern, Nanny999@hotmail.com
the past

Ticonderoga, NY

#72 Jul 8, 2013
aureen Smith McGovern wrote:
<quoted text> I was lucky enough to spend all my summers in the Adirondacks. My parents were born in North Creek and moved to Witherbee in 1912. My Aunt Nellie and my Grandma Smith lived on Wasson St. My Aunt Babe owned the Roma /restaurant in Ti. I was lucky enough to be able to walk through the bar and take one of her meatballs out of the frig anytime I wanted. Smitty took me fishing. Annie and I went swimming at their camp. We all went with Babe as she chased the fire engines to see if there would be anything she could do. Uncle Paul made me Shirley Temples as I walked in the door. Sitting
At a dinner in Hollywood I was seated next to an actor. We chatted and then I asked where he was from. Ti he said. Mike Witney/ Whitney Armstrong became one of m dearest friends. I still love them all and catch up on everyone from Billy Baldwin in
Witherbee. I now live in Arkansas and pine for home. It may be as
bad as people say, but I promise you it is better than the rest of the world. Maureen Smith McGovern, Nanny999@hotmail.com
Would loved to have known the area in your time. But as you can see this area has gone down hill fast through the years. Ticonderoga is known not for the beauty of the 2 lakes, but the amount of drugs and drinking. It seems to be the norm for young people to drop out, or the girls are knocked up. For the lucky ones who parents do enforce education, they have almost no choice but to leave the area to find work. From Ticonderoga, to Witherbee it is all the same, Whitehall included.
A Dotter of Old Tye

United States

#73 Jul 8, 2013
As the welfare state continutes to sink its claws into a population increasingly dependent on the big nanny in DC, things will get a lot worse before they get better. The Soviet Union bore a rich example of what happens to people when the workers' paradise gives to "each according to need and take from those who have the ability". Our own country, early on, before it was the United States, flirted with this very same idea, and within 3 years they saw that it did not work and set to building the very freedom that we have squandered so stupidly. Poor Ti is only one of so many towns across this nation where there are more people than there are jobs and NO incentive to create any. With 24 hours a day to fill and nothing much to fill it with the devil finds many hands to accomplish his mischief. So sad to say, big nanny in DC is well aware of the effects of marxism on people.
I dont mind

San Diego, CA

#74 Jul 8, 2013
I have never minded helping out people, some even strangers, who needed a helping hand for a period of time. But NOT a lifetime! And certainly not for generations!

So then, WHAT HAPPENED TO WELFARE REFORM?

And, since we all see the FRAUD taking place all around us, why isn't the law being enforced?
A Dotter of Old Tye wrote:
As the welfare state continutes to sink its claws into a population increasingly dependent on the big nanny in DC, things will get a lot worse before they get better. The Soviet Union bore a rich example of what happens to people when the workers' paradise gives to "each according to need and take from those who have the ability". Our own country, early on, before it was the United States, flirted with this very same idea, and within 3 years they saw that it did not work and set to building the very freedom that we have squandered so stupidly. Poor Ti is only one of so many towns across this nation where there are more people than there are jobs and NO incentive to create any. With 24 hours a day to fill and nothing much to fill it with the devil finds many hands to accomplish his mischief. So sad to say, big nanny in DC is well aware of the effects of marxism on people.
Nooch

New Fairfield, CT

#75 May 24, 2015
alum girl wrote:
I know anonymity is important here so I'll use some code speak if you should read this...
Are your initials by any chance M. I.? If you're who I was thinking of would you have graduated in the year 72 or 73? A sibling may have been in your class when you lived in Ti.
We would've been the little groupie girls in the hood peering thru the windows during band practice. May G.(mom manager/nursery school teacher) even sprayed us once with the hose. heh heh She didn't mess around, loved her though-
Yes! It is me with those initials! Mark Iannucci.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ticonderoga Central School Threat 8 min Make America First 38
anyone know whats going on down town 1 hr The Facts 14
And hes our already 1 hr Make America First 16
Indigent Reproduction 1 hr Make America First 2
Lisa P (Jun '17) 8 hr Thatcherinc 20
News Cops bust 12 in big North Country Medicaid-taxi... 13 hr fox 2
Chilson Hill 14 hr LOL 4

Ticonderoga Jobs

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages