First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Outlaw

South Burlington, VT

#22 Oct 22, 2013
So let me get this straight. All of you are complaining about Lowes turning into a technical school? If you complain about more education in our town, I'm thinking not much of anything will please you.
Huh

Anonymous Proxy

#23 Oct 22, 2013
How do you "turn Lowes" into a technical school? With a magic wand and an "Abacadabra?" lol

Since: Oct 13

Schenectady, NY

#24 Oct 22, 2013
@poster- I want them to understand the powers they hold. The english language is a powerful tool, and should be kept refined and up-to-date.

@Happy Day 1- I agree.

@Good job- Nice ideas, and I agree.

@really- I disagree. This town just needs right choices, or I fear I may soon agree.

@Outlaw- Why don't they build an extension to their building like the high school did? Cheaper and more convenient.
Outlaw

South Burlington, VT

#25 Oct 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
How do you "turn Lowes" into a technical school? With a magic wand and an "Abacadabra?" lol
Really? That's your defense?
I get it, you're afraid if a grocery store buys the lowes building you may not get a cashier position and you may actually have to get an education?!
Outlaw

South Burlington, VT

#26 Oct 22, 2013
The Hero Rising wrote:
@poster- I want them to understand the powers they hold. The english language is a powerful tool, and should be kept refined and up-to-date.
@Happy Day 1- I agree.
@Good job- Nice ideas, and I agree.
@really- I disagree. This town just needs right choices, or I fear I may soon agree.
@Outlaw- Why don't they build an extension to their building like the high school did? Cheaper and more convenient.
Or why not buy the big empty building?
Makes sense to me!

Schenectady, NY

#27 Oct 22, 2013
@Outlaw- Because, as stated previously, the building could ne uses for many more functional purposes.
Good job

Ticonderoga, NY

#28 Oct 23, 2013
I agree that a technical center would be better fitted to maybe the armory or an addition on the school. If they merge Ti and Crown Point maybe they could put it in Crown Point. That building is in the middle of a growing business district and we should try to fill it with businesses that would attract shoppers, provide jobs, increase tax base and provide entertainment and shopping. Maybe an indoor laser tag, skating rink could be in the place for our youth. Drive into the parking lot and take a look at the 4 entrances and think about the size inside. I see 15 stores at least. I think it would benefit all of us. I still also support a technical school. I think it should go in the new addition at the high school.
reality check

Ticonderoga, NY

#29 Oct 23, 2013
Contact the Chamber of Commerce to connect with the NYS Small Business Development Center. The SBDC can help you with your market research, business plan development and financing for the property purchase and business startups.

Make your plan, then execute it. I'm sure the owners would entertain purchase offers. Good luck!
Good job wrote:
That building is in the middle of a growing business district and we should try to fill it with businesses that would attract shoppers, provide jobs, increase tax base and provide entertainment and shopping. Maybe an indoor laser tag, skating rink could be in the place for our youth. Drive into the parking lot and take a look at the 4 entrances and think about the size inside. I see 15 stores at least. I think it would benefit all of us.

Schenectady, NY

#30 Oct 25, 2013
@good job- Exactly! Perhaps we could even use it as a farmers market.

@reality check- The truth is, my friend, it is under contract. Lowe's broke the contract when they left, leaving us with a lot of land and an empty building that our town could simply request back from Lowe's due to the contract infringement.
reality check

Ticonderoga, NY

#31 Oct 25, 2013
The Hero Rising wrote:
@reality check- The truth is, my friend, it is under contract. Lowe's broke the contract when they left, leaving us with a lot of land and an empty building that our town could simply request back from Lowe's due to the contract infringement.
Lowe's was under no such contract with the Town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart Panhandlers (May '10) 2 hr Discusted 35
Does anyone not lie and cheat in this town? 9 hr Im jw 12
Crown Point School in Chokehold From allergies 14 hr Untrue 18
Varmette loses appeal in murder case (Feb '10) Dec 23 cpmom 41
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) Dec 19 stinky ti women 22
Fat Ugly inbred Ti Women Dec 19 stinky ti women 3
pill sales!!! Dec 19 well now 10
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web