Honorable

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 14, 2013
If you managed to get a job on your own--no relatives or friends "helped"--and you do your best to be there every day and do your best work every day, congratulations!

It doesn't matter if you work in a small store or for a family business or a large corporation, you are working and carrying your own weight. It doesn't matter whether you walk to work or carpool or commute. It doesn't matter if you come home dirty from working. It doesn't matter if you come home too tired to do everything that needs to be done at home, too.

TAKE PRIDE that you are not a continuous, life-long burden to anyone else!

Since: Oct 13

Schenectady, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2013
Although you are justified in congratulating people in holding jobs, you are not justified by calling people who do not have the availability of jobs "continuous, life-long, burdens". Not enough jobs exist in Ticonderoga. Please justifyyour future statements, so we can begin to make this town better, more efficient, and more respectable.

-Hero
Psychic Much

Troy, NY

#3 Nov 16, 2013
I agree with the wanna be here, anyone's life could turn around in an instant. It certainly help when you pinky raising elites have a little faith in us but I guess it's just easier to assume everyone who doesn't have a job will never have one or for that matter do anything in your life. For someone with so much pride I notice you aren't proud enough not to be some anonymous name putting down your fellow towns civilians. People like you putting down people in a bad situation are a life long burden too.
lonestar

Ticonderoga, NY

#4 Nov 16, 2013
I think that with some people and maybe their backgrounds they cant find work and they apply everywhere with no luck they stop trying and doesn't want to work
Cobleskill, NY

#5 Nov 16, 2013
I don't have a job.don't need one.I'm just gonna suck off the system like the white trash I am
Starting to wonder

Troy, NY

#6 Nov 16, 2013
What a person chooses to do with their life is there business, if someone is "sucking off the system" then they certainly won't be the first or the last to do it. Downing somebody because they currently aren't working or are making money doing something other then working for a business where everyone who judges everybody else frequents, isn't actually helping anything. It's not like their are so many open jobs in this town that employers are expressing frustration. This is just some angry person, who apparently couldn't call someone a life long burden to their face. There are many different scenarios that might be happening and you can control none of them. If your making so much money working, why don't you offer these people a job? Why don't you keep complaining anonymously that might get it done.
Not Bernie

Edison, NJ

#7 Nov 17, 2013
There are few jobs in the area, and fewer good jobs. If you want to have a life, you have to relocate, and that takes some cajones. It's up to you. Stay and waste your life or put on your big boy pants and move.

Since: Oct 13

Schenectady, NY

#8 Nov 18, 2013
Comments @psychic much- I apologize for appearing to be putting people down, however, that is not the case, my friend. I am simply doing what's right: Identifying problems and fixing them in the most effective and preservative way, while establishing security in life and freedom. Thank you for doing what's right.

@Everyone under #psychic much- Thank you for for doing what's right, however, we should not bash him for his ignorance to the people around him. This is very common, especially in Ticonderoga. Let's work together to change this.

-Hero
Johnny Paycheck

Hudson, NY

#9 Nov 19, 2013
Honorable wrote:
If you managed to get a job on your own--no relatives or friends "helped"--and you do your best to be there every day and do your best work every day, congratulations!
It doesn't matter if you work in a small store or for a family business or a large corporation, you are working and carrying your own weight. It doesn't matter whether you walk to work or carpool or commute. It doesn't matter if you come home dirty from working. It doesn't matter if you come home too tired to do everything that needs to be done at home, too.
TAKE PRIDE that you are not a continuous, life-long burden to anyone else!
As a low ranking, longtime laborer for one of this town's few major employers, I thank you for your comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how can we protect our children??????? 36 min Pedophiles in sch... 12
TOPIX for Ticonderoga 42 min Enforce the law 13
favorite aite (Jun '12) 4 hr Easy Pickins 25
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) 14 hr guest 32
Ti Inn ans Burleigh House (Feb '09) Sun peggy 20
True Crime in the Adirondacks (Apr '08) Sun Nothing has changed 72
Car Wash Feb 28 businessowner 13
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web