EPA vs Ti Paper Mill
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 13

Fall River, MA

#66 Aug 26, 2013
There has been a lot of people who have died from cancer (lung, stomach, brain, pancreatic, bladder, the list goes on and on)in most of the surrounding towns (Port Henry, Moriah, Witherbee, etc.) Statistically too many for a small region. Many of them have been diagnosed in their 40's-50's. So many have died before the age of 70. I truly believe it has something to do with the drinking water. I remember the stench of the mill. My father like many fathers worked there, he made good money but he died way to soon.
Cancer wrote:
Does anyone else think Ticonderoga has increased rates of cancer in both children and young adults?
mill wife

Costa Mesa, CA

#67 Aug 27, 2013
Everyone wanting to see the mill shut down, you know the impact that would have on the families that have husbands/wives/mother/fathers that work there? I do. My husband works there and I too work for anther company in the area. But do you think we could survive on what I just make. No! We have a 1 year old and newborn. What would happen to the other families that are in the same situation as us? We would have to move away,from our families, because there are no other opportunities for us here! Yes the mill might stink, I got nauseous every time I came over Chilson when I was pregnant. But do I complain that its poising me, no, because I see it as my husbands job, its our means to live. To be able to live close to family.

So all you people bashing the mill, think about all the young families that could be displaced if you got your wish of the mill closing.
Smart young people

San Diego, CA

#68 Aug 27, 2013
Smart young people, and not so young people, displace THEMSELVES! The mill WILL close one day. This country is not an "industrial" nation any longer. As soon as young people are educated and trained to do something that is in demand now and in the future in this country, the better. Just a word of warning.
Judson Witham

United States

#69 Oct 8, 2013
The Fact is The Sludge Covers 1500 Acres of South Lake Champlain. The NO FINDINGS secreted deal with the Special Master was a FARCE. The Village of Ticonderoga dumped SEWAGE that was all mixed together with the Mill Sludges. The combination of Sewage, Chemicals, Bio-Wastes and Mill Sludge is Nasty Nasty Nasty Stuff. Try dumping this CRAP onto Lake George ROTFLMAO ..... Lake George Should Be The Cesspool. See http://dockets.justia.com/docket/north-caroli...
Judson Witham

United States

#70 Oct 8, 2013
Fact is the Government is Corrupt .... DEDICATED to the North Counytu Mafia and FRIENDS of International Paper / Fynch Pruyn https://www.facebook.com/groups/4332744034565...
Swamp Fox

Chapel Hill, NC

#71 Jul 27, 2016
Available Info wrote:
That info. is available through the State (NY). IF you believe their statistics. Having said that, yes!, Essex and Warren Counties have higher incidences of cancer than other and nearby non-industry counties. And have had for decades.

Now, let's not forget the many other diseases that are caused by industry. Hmmm...

<quoted text>
Look at the WIND ROSE CHARTS for Glens Falls and Ticonderoga. The poisons cool off and settle back to the ground. Guess what You are ALL Breathing .......... The Glens Falls Banks are the CULPRITS ....... especially the MESS out in front of Fort Ticonderoga
bci

Cleveland, OH

#72 Aug 2, 2016
Stop the Stink wrote:
http://www.epa.gov/tips/

This is where you file a complaint against the Ticonderoga Paper Mill.

I am choking here smelling this and it has to stop.

Who in their right mind is going to accept this?

It's bad enough that the Paper Mill sued the Town of Ti and suspended their property tax assessment until 2013, thus NOT PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE to pollute and drive people out of their homes with the stench coming from that place.

For GODS SAKE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING!
IP bribes their way out every time. The last time I filed a complaint ip forget my signature to sign off.
ShutYourIgnorant Hole

United States

#73 Sep 22, 2016
The Mill is one of the cleanest IP runs, considering it's strangled by the fact that it's in the Adirondacks, and has extremely stringent environmental laws to follow.

The water that the Mill puts back into the lake is cleaner than the water they take out.

The smell you get is usually only during cold fronts/low pressure systems. And if you truly have lived in Ti your whole life, then you're used to it.

This town would fall apart without IP. You better count your lucky stars that the place is still in business and pray that it will remain so for a very long time.

Without IP, what does this town have? An army of ignorant, drug addled hicks, half of em on welfare. Then you have the hard working folks trying to make an honest living, some busting their asses at 2-3 jobs just trying to make ends meet.

The Mill is an opportunity. Y'all should learn to use it. Get off your lazy asses and apply, maybe. Then if you get the job you'll realize how important it is to our economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart store Brand Pasta (May '08) 3 hr pasta44 62
Chevy BS 6 hr Resident 1
slumlord 13 hr hiv boy 58
Thoughts on McDonalds Crew 17 hr daydreamer1 13
Essex County "Judge" Richard Meyers , "Honest "... (Jun '08) 19 hr concerned citizen 370
Ricki the ugly crackhead Tue Divine intervention 12
keith porter Jul 16 oneway 12

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages