Does Essex County need 4 Coroners?

Does Essex County need 4 Coroners?

Created by who on Oct 4, 2008

29 votes

Click on an option to vote

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2008
ONE coroner responds to 90% of calls acording to essex county board minutes 2/11/08[public saftey committee] so why pay 4. 2 should be enough.
lazy days

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Do we still have 4 coroners in Essex county? Why?.wasteful spending is all it is..bureaucratic nonsense.the salaries of 2 of the 4 would be better spent on streets sweepers if nothing else

Ticonderoga, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Do you all know that they make less than $3000 per year each ? They do not get medical benefits. They get reimbursement for mileage. If you want the job run for it . Not something I want to. It really is a thankless job. Give them all a break.

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Jun 22, 2013
I think that they should eliminate two of those positions...then you can double the pay of the two remaining coroners as a bit of incentive for the job. But regardless, for that type of pay , it isn't even worth complaining about wasteful spending..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Hurlburt Sr (Dec '09) 1 hr Violent offenders 9
Ti Alumni Association 1 hr English class 10
Twilight Zone 6 hr Make America First 7
Over Policed 17 hr Make America First 21
needle disposal can on pumpkin trail Sat Thoned as you stink 32
Welfare pays good Sat Feel the Bern 23
Any hookers in town? Sat honeybadgerOHNO 5

Ticonderoga Jobs

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages