Mountain Lake Services
Susan

Lake George, NY

#394 Aug 19, 2010
new in town wrote:
Wow it sounds terrible there. I certainly won't apply but I feel awful for those that presently work there and for the clients they serve. I guess I'll commute rather than work for such terrible people. I hear they are having trouble finding employees. Maybe they should look at the director then huh?
I don't think people will have to worry much longer about MLS. Seems the people at the top are on the way to being indicted. Read the story here:

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1627564...
pro-union ex-employee

Glenfield, NY

#395 Aug 19, 2010
to "mom", i loved what i did, regardless of the fact that we were told to use one "marituff" wipe per client to clean them, because we needed to save money. the northern region's dayhab makes and sells goods to "keep the agency from going under". so many shortcuts were being made in order to save money, and the folks were the ones suffering. i felt i made a difference, but was made an example of how those who spoke out were eliminated. many managers are truely compasionate about their staff and residents, but constantly reminded of what would become of them if they spoke out, like what happened to fabian rossi. this intimidation went on daily, but we hung in there because we cared for our co-workers and folks. it is hard to walk away from what you love to do, and we had to always remembered that we were there to impress the guys, not the administration. this was once a beautiful place to work, and will be again, once the board permanently removes dipu, and then takes their positions seriously and governs the next executive director.
shoutitoutloud

United States

#396 Aug 19, 2010
Had to laugh last night. I have not worked at MLS in well over 5 years and I had 2 current employees call me last night to see if I knew anything that was going on with Dipu being suspended. No surprise that MLS is not saying anything to their employees about this matter.Knowledge is power. Personally I am concerned that the more time that goes by without the State investigating this the more time certain people might have to conceal facts. The board needs to come clean with the information as to what is going on.They should have their taxpayer funding put on hold until they do. Has anyone had a sighting of Bonnie and Clyde or heard of one?
henrys

Cobleskill, NY

#397 Aug 19, 2010
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think people will have to worry much longer about MLS. Seems the people at the top are on the way to being indicted. Read the story here:
http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1627564...
where did you get that info? the article in the paper says nothing about indictments or anything like that.....are you assuming? not a good practice.
shoutitoutloud

United States

#398 Aug 19, 2010
henrys wrote:
<quoted text>where did you get that info? the article in the paper says nothing about indictments or anything like that.....are you assuming? not a good practice.
" Oh, Henrys" How could the paper say anything about indictments.MLS will not say a word about what is going on because they are too busy trying to figure out themselves what is going on because the board is a failure as a supervisory body. Would you have a problem with the attorney general and the state comptrollers office coming in to take a look at the "cooked" books? When all is said and done I hope indictments are handed down on Bonnie and Clyde,the board and anyone else who might be involved in possible criminal activity.
nosey

Albany, NY

#400 Aug 19, 2010
http://www.co.essex.ny.us/Treasurer/TaxHistor...

Interesting size and assessed value of this piece of property......
Ex-employee for union

Crown Point, NY

#401 Aug 19, 2010
How will he pay his taxes now! He has hidden assets in India that he invested in and many other ways most likely. Mary was listed on the property originally when it was bought
had enough

United States

#402 Aug 19, 2010
shoutitoutloud wrote:
<quoted text>" Oh, Henrys" How could the paper say anything about indictments.MLS will not say a word about what is going on because they are too busy trying to figure out themselves what is going on because the board is a failure as a supervisory body. Would you have a problem with the attorney general and the state comptrollers office coming in to take a look at the "cooked" books? When all is said and done I hope indictments are handed down on Bonnie and Clyde,the board and anyone else who might be involved in possible criminal activity.
will contact OMIG tomorrow!!!
Check it Out

United States

#403 Aug 19, 2010
Maybe all of the Board members should go back and read all of the testimony during the hearings that were held when the employees were trying to unionize. That may be a real eye opener; some of those stories were horrendous when they talked about how abusive it was working there for Dipu and co........
WOW

Plattsburgh, NY

#404 Aug 19, 2010
The sad part of all this is the people who live in MLS homes suffer. They deal with such turnover rates with house managers because they can't handle the constant belittling and cut downs. Sure.....are there some managers that suck....yes, but most are good people who have the peoples' interests at heart. They worry about their jobs and just keep plugging along with the abuse. I wish MLS would wake up and realize they are losing some great people due to horrible treatment. The people living at MLS deserve to keep their good managers/staff! Make some changes now!
Check it Out

United States

#405 Aug 19, 2010
Someone at work the other day was talking about how the monkeys are taking over in India and they aren't doing anything about it because of religious reasons. They are ruining monuments and national parks, and villages. Boy, right now, I will bet that Dipu feels like the monkeys are taking over in Essex County, NY as well....HA HA HA....... I love it.
Ex-employee for union

Crown Point, NY

#406 Aug 20, 2010
I worked under undue stress and was suffering with my health when I worked at MLS after Dipu took over. We were abused and made to worry about our jobs if we were not playing under his terms. I felt sorry for clients whom had NO SAY where they were moved and what was being done to them. THEY HAD BECOME A $$$$$ SIGN. I cared and still care what happens to the clients, but could not endure the abuse and underhanded tactics that was used to rule. I now work under a less stressful management elsewhere that appreciates their workers.
changeisgood

United States

#407 Aug 20, 2010
Ex-employee for union wrote:
I worked under undue stress and was suffering with my health when I worked at MLS after Dipu took over. We were abused and made to worry about our jobs if we were not playing under his terms. I felt sorry for clients whom had NO SAY where they were moved and what was being done to them. THEY HAD BECOME A $$$$$ SIGN. I cared and still care what happens to the clients, but could not endure the abuse and underhanded tactics that was used to rule. I now work under a less stressful management elsewhere that appreciates their workers.
You are correct when you say the clients became only $$$$ signs. It was more of what was good for the agency instead of what was good for the participants. As for them having a voice or choice that was a joke. I remember an 84 year old client crying I do not want to come here on very cold Winter mornings after he had to leave his residence for day-hab. He voiced this repeatedly but was forced to come everyday. Remember that old saying management used on staff all the time about how change was good? Well with Dipu and Mary on suspension I would have to say that change is good. The board should have made changes years ago but was to inept as an oversight body to enact the crucial changes that were needed.The sad fact is this agency has been on a downward spiral where its reputation is concerned for at least a decade. Dipu and Mary left a trail of human wreckage behind them as far as the eye can see. He is from India he should know all about Karma. Mary was a wonderful person YEARS ago who let herself be manipulated by a con man. Everyone else paid the price for it. But now it looks like the "bill" has come due for them. I would love to know how much the agency is paying the new acting director. Does she have a free tax payer vehicle with unlimited gasoline? Is the pattern starting all over again? As they say "Change is good".
Freedomisnotfree

United States

#408 Aug 20, 2010
This victory of good over evil has come at a heavy price. People have had their careers,hard work and reputations ridiculed, belittled and unjustly terminated by the indifference and vindictiveness of one very little self absorbed con man and a misguided board of directors along with management staff. I was scared when I left my position at Mountain Lakes but have never regretted my decision to extract myself from an organization that had lost its mission and its way. An agency that dedicated itself to the idea that workers have no value or important input on matters. An agency that loved to divide and manipulate staff.An agency that spread misinformation and used scare tactics on its staff. An agency that has become so top heavy in management staff that the drain on the taxpayer has become not only cumbersome but unrealistic and unwarranted. I only wish that those people I used to share working hours with who have also moved on have found greener pastures also in their new endeavors. To the staff who remained behind and keep swallowing their pride for the sake of a paycheck I have only pity for you.If you do not make a stand for yourself than you deserve the abusive situation you find yourself in. I do hope the future holds better days with less stress in the workplace for you but you need to help create that atmosphere.
Angel Face

Lake George, NY

#409 Aug 20, 2010
Busy today today.Sent an e-mail to the New York State Attorney General Office.Informed him about what is going on at Mt. Lake Service's.Indicated that the Board of Directors were just as guilty of wrong doing as Dipu and Mary because they have sat back for years and let them do what ever they wanted and have not held them accountable for anything.
I also called the New York State Medicaid Office in Albany and gave them a heads up as to Dipu and Mary being put on Administrative Leave.They asked if it was Medicaid Fraud.I told them there was an Investigation going on and I bet them if they got involved they would find something.
For everyone who reads this the best thing you can do is flood the New York State Attorney General with e-mails and contact the Medicaid Office in Albany.If they hear from enough people they will be forced to take notice and do something.
Want your voice to be heard SHOUT,SHOUT,SHOUT.
wordplay

United States

#410 Aug 20, 2010
Did you know if you took the word "eat" and rearranged the letters it spells "ate"? If you take the word "dog" and spelled it backwards it spells out "god"? And if you take the name "Dipu" and rearrange the letters and add a few more letters it spells out......." What a gargantuan mess you made of Mountain Lake Services and countless people who dedicated their lives to that agency"....... Isn't that strange?
had enough

United States

#411 Aug 20, 2010
Angel Face wrote:
Busy today today.Sent an e-mail to the New York State Attorney General Office.Informed him about what is going on at Mt. Lake Service's.Indicated that the Board of Directors were just as guilty of wrong doing as Dipu and Mary because they have sat back for years and let them do what ever they wanted and have not held them accountable for anything.
I also called the New York State Medicaid Office in Albany and gave them a heads up as to Dipu and Mary being put on Administrative Leave.They asked if it was Medicaid Fraud.I told them there was an Investigation going on and I bet them if they got involved they would find something.
For everyone who reads this the best thing you can do is flood the New York State Attorney General with e-mails and contact the Medicaid Office in Albany.If they hear from enough people they will be forced to take notice and do something.
I too contacted OMIG.I was rather shocked that the woman I spoke to had nver heard of OPWDD(formerly OMRDD).She had never heard of Nysarc,Inc.. She knew nothing about not-for-profit law. She did not even know exactly what I meant when I said the board of directors are are guilty of poor governance(total lack of governance really). Kind of scary don't you think?
pro-union ex-employee

Glenfield, NY

#412 Aug 20, 2010
Angel Face wrote:
i went to the attorney general's website, but there are many links. which one do we use to let them know of our concerns? thanks!
old friend

Bolton Landing, NY

#413 Aug 20, 2010
The medicaid fraud unti will notify them when they find wrong doing. They then will open a big investigation.
not gonna take it

United States

#414 Aug 21, 2010
pro-union ex-employee wrote:
<quoted text>
i went to the attorney general's website, but there are many links. which one do we use to let them know of our concerns? thanks!
Attorney Generals Medicaid Fraud Control Unit's central number is (800)771-7755 They need to know the board of directors are not making themselves available to employees.They need to know that employees have not received an annual financial report in ??? Gee,I can't remember. It is our legal right to have this information.Do any of you know the names of our board of directors?Shelley Winters is the president.Not-for-profit law requires a minimum of 3,and in most cases 5 members to serve on the board.The board that has been a puppet of the executive director needs to understand that they are accountable for their total lack of oversight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
garbage pick up 1 hr Royal 1
Men from this looser town need I say more 9 hr well 14
Bad milk from Walmart (Jun '11) 18 hr Diana of Leesville 74
News Last voyage of the Steamship Ticonderoga (Aug '08) Thu Paul 21
building safe? Thu Truth 31
Pokemon Go? Wed A sheep no more 12
People Jul 20 Destiny Wood 6

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance