Comments
1 - 20 of 580 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2011
First Prev
of 29
Next Last
new in town

AOL

#1 May 13, 2008
I am new in town and was thinking about applying to the agency but have heard some good and some bad about the people that run the place. Can anyone help me out on this?
down with MLS

Glenmont, NY

#2 May 13, 2008
they have too many chiefs and not enough indians and the chiefs couldn't find their own ass with both hands, a flashlight, and a map. you're overworked, treated badyly, the more u do, the more they expect and aren't grateful for anything you do, even if you go above and beyond the call of duty. if you're happy, they find a way to make your life miserable. they've lost a lot of loyal, good staff members because of the way they treat people. The director is a bully and no one has the guts to tell him to his face what an ass he is. There should be laws (and there probably are) against the way staff are treated there. Save yourself some headaches and look somewhere else.
Ponderer

United States

#5 May 13, 2008
Before I go for the evening, let me leave you a true story, a good example of what's going on there now since The Little Guy took over:

Let's create a contest! Whoever comes up with the best name to rename ARC will win!!!!

Well.

Guess who won.
Ponderer

United States

#6 May 13, 2008
Some employees tried to start a union. Some of their best minds were behind this movement.

Guess what?

They were all fired.

The "so-scared-that-their-hea ds-are-up-their-asses" employees are still working there, i.e., The Smarmies -- Yup, they're still there. That's the way you hold onto your job in the North Country.

Now, what's up with the board of directors? Why on earth do they need to cling to the four-inch bully, the Tonka Toy, the "Don't put it in your mouth or you may choke" thing?
Too funny

United States

#7 May 14, 2008
You guys are TOO funny!
But I swear, I had to scrooooll back to the top to see what Topic I was reading...
Thought y'all were talking about Dean Cook again! It's a true story.
Melanie

Albany, NY

#8 May 14, 2008
They dont treat thier employees all that great; however they have an amazing flex account. They also hire scum dirts of the earth to take care of the residents. Some of the managers are on too high of a horse and are a wee bit conceded. There's a few that fell in love with thier employees and got themselves in trouble. Besides all that not a bad place to work.
I worked there

Lake George, NY

#9 May 14, 2008
I worked there before its ok!
me too

Lake George, NY

#10 May 14, 2008
i worked there too!
new in town

AOL

#11 May 14, 2008
Who is Napoleon? Is this the director? I have heard some rather interesting comments on him and most have been not very good. I hear they have a very high turnover because of his treatment of the employees. I want to apply but have heard so many negative things. They are always advertising for help so that made me ask what they were like. It seems in this area they would have many workers. Too bad it sounds as though it is run terribly.
Down with MLS

Glenmont, NY

#12 May 14, 2008
I worked there with a totally incompetant person, pulled most of the weight of the work, sacrificed so much of my time while she did nothing and she got away with it. It's all in who you are and who you know (and of course, if you're good at brown-nosing or a squealer they may treat you a little better). "Napoleon" is the executive director and a waste of oxygen. Believe me, you'll do nothing but complain if you get a job there.
new in town

AOL

#13 May 15, 2008
Can't they find a better director so they won't have these problems? What about the board members, why don't they do something if he is chasing the good employees out the door. Employment resources are very limited here, you would think he would treat the competent employees like they deserve to be treated. Maybe it a cultural thing for him. Maybe he thinks we have the cache system here in the Adirondacks. Very strange the board would let a person like this put this program in such jeopardy.
new in town

AOL

#15 May 15, 2008
I feel bad for the clients they service if this is the way they are handling their employees. I will not apply, I have heard enough and would like to have a job that I feel I am making a difference in peoples lives and working for an organization is ethical. What is it with these local businesses that service people that they are just in it for the money? It seems like they are used to people looking the other way. What are infractions?
Be very afraid and beware

Barnesville, OH

#16 May 15, 2008
First Ponder he is from India and yes he is a tyrant. the legacy Charles Hayes founded is long gone or tarnished. If you were prounion yes you are gone or being watched. Clients are now a dollar symbol or a comodity not a human. Families are lied to and staff is overworked and exposed to many things that can harm them or others, and not told about. Abuse of staff from clients are high and many have suffered injuries they must live with. Union is needed, but employees are threatened or removed.
new in town

AOL

#17 May 15, 2008
I heard they are buying many homes-single story, who pays for this?
people wake up

Troy, NY

#18 May 15, 2008
I here that staff are not appreciated. I think that all management (from top to bottom) should all be forced to work a full 8 hr shift in a house once a month so that they relize what residential staff really do. Ask the little man if he has ever wiped an ***. Probably not.
Amazed

Lake George, NY

#20 May 15, 2008
I am amazed and confused as to how this man keeps his position. How can he preach to his employees how to treat people when he treats them like S...!? Why hasn't the Board taken action? I hear there is another Indian man he hired. People look out, Double Trouble.
Rock N Roll

Albany, NY

#21 May 15, 2008
The new guy is young and passsive aggressive. I think the little guy is grooming him to take over.
new in town

AOL

#22 May 15, 2008
Wow it sounds terrible there. I certainly won't apply but I feel awful for those that presently work there and for the clients they serve. I guess I'll commute rather than work for such terrible people. I hear they are having trouble finding employees. Maybe they should look at the director then huh?
how to delete posts

Cobleskill, NY

#23 May 15, 2008
With over 100,000 posts per day, it is vital that we receive specific
information with regard to any posts you feel should be reviewed for
violations of Topix Terms of Service. In the upper section of every
post, there is a gray number, this is the post number (permalink). Right
click with your mouse on that number, select "copy link location" and
then paste that link in an email back to us for any posts you feel
violate our TOS. That will provide us the exact location of the content
on the site and expedite the review process.

Thanks!
Admin @ topix
Cobalticus

Lake George, NY

#24 May 15, 2008
new in town wrote:
I hear they are having trouble finding employees. Maybe they should look at the director then huh?
do you want to work for nothing?
awake overnight staff make what?$10.70 an hour? try living on that.
Welfare pays more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Lol 16,781
Putnam Judge cheating on wife 23 hr inside source 5
Tammy Rabideau Thu wilchris 1
catherine C Wed just saying 9
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Know Your HIPAA Rights Aug 27 know a girl 4
Mill hiring Aug 26 must be blind 20
•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE