Ticonderoga Police Department

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Return on Investment

Burlington, VT

#1 May 6, 2014
I want to know WHO is the group that has organized and is working toward disbanding the Ti PD. I want to join.

1. Taxes MUST come down in Ticonderoga.

2. The State Police are in Ticonderoga on a very regular basis.
TiRes

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 May 7, 2014
The Ti PD is a bargain compared to the school budget. Get a scanner and listen to see how active the PD is. State Police are not going to be able to respond like a local PD. You want to make a difference in your taxes, get teacher salaries and benefits under control. Cost per student in Ti is over 23K a year. That is ridiculous and the school budget is approx. 20 times the cost of the PD budget.
mom

Ticonderoga, NY

#3 May 7, 2014
TiRes wrote:
The Ti PD is a bargain compared to the school budget. Get a scanner and listen to see how active the PD is. State Police are not going to be able to respond like a local PD. You want to make a difference in your taxes, get teacher salaries and benefits under control. Cost per student in Ti is over 23K a year. That is ridiculous and the school budget is approx. 20 times the cost of the PD budget.
Duhhhh you can't compare the two. How many employees are in the school system compared to how many police officers??? Many of the police department are part time!!!!
Potential Lawsuit Coming

Buffalo, NY

#4 May 7, 2014
Wow, you like paying for trouble? Because THAT so-called PD has caused this town/Taxpayers a lot of trouble and embarrassment. And if you think that the mess is all cleaned up now, then you don't know what it really going on.

YES, the state police have a great deal of presence in Ticonderoga. Every day. Eeeeevery day they are there. So, is there really so much crime in Ticonderoga that you need to pay twice for their "protection?" Most of us cannot afford to do so.(And yes, comparing the PD to the school district is ridiculous. Both organizations are screwing the taxpayers like tomorrow isn't coming!)

I can tell you right now that there is potential trouble coming up right around the corner. YET ANOTHER member of the PD. Ready your wallets for another lawsuit!
Hmmm

Orlando, FL

#8 May 7, 2014
Is it MB again? Is intimidation of residents AGAIN? Sexual harassment? Tell!
Not

Port Henry, NY

#11 May 7, 2014
Think again. State police are great but if they have to come from Lewis, it will take a while. Also if it's a busy night, serious issues take priority. Even Schroon Lake to Ti would take a while. I live in the Town of Moriah & even though our police are not on 24 -7. They are on two shifts.
blind as a bat

Ticonderoga, NY

#12 May 7, 2014
No way you can complain with what our local PD do compared to State Police and Sheriff. They really are a bargain and they really deserve higher pay!! You have to be ignorant not to see as they have been first responders to many medical emergincies, house fires and many car accidents and keep excellent law and order in this Town. I for one am glad to have them around!!!
truley sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#13 May 8, 2014
It saddens me to think that people have such a negative heart in this small town.It's obvious by these past few posts that your own lives are so sad and pathetic that you have nothing better to do then bash people on here. I suppose it's easy to throw stones when your lives are so perfect but I'm certain in the near future the stone will be thrown back and all the walls in your glass houses will shatter to the ground and not one person will feel sorry for you. Praying for all you negative people may you someday find peace...
Watchdog

Hudson, NY

#14 May 8, 2014
blind as a bat wrote:
No way you can complain with what our local PD do compared to State Police and Sheriff. They really are a bargain and they really deserve higher pay!! You have to be ignorant not to see as they have been first responders to many medical emergincies, house fires and many car accidents and keep excellent law and order in this Town. I for one am glad to have them around!!!
Deserve higher pay???? for what? Starting salary for NYC police officer is $43K. They are truly risking their life. Ti has spent needless $$ on tasers, automatic weapons, vehicles, law suits, etc.(it's Ticonderoga, not East L.A.)
mom

Ticonderoga, NY

#15 May 8, 2014
Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>Deserve higher pay???? for what? Starting salary for NYC police officer is $43K. They are truly risking their life. Ti has spent needless $$ on tasers, automatic weapons, vehicles, law suits, etc.(it's Ticonderoga, not East L.A.)
I pray you never need them it would be a shame if you were in danger and they were gone
Watchdog

Hudson, NY

#16 May 8, 2014
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray you never need them it would be a shame if you were in danger and they were gone
danger from what?.........being held hostage by oxycodone welfare rats who are repeatedly arrested and help justify the police department, because of the number of arrests? Wake up! If there is truly danger, I will call the State Police. Thank you.
Let us pray

Burlington, VT

#17 May 8, 2014
FIRST, that we can keep the religious nuts out of a economic/public policy discussion. They just cannot seem to stay on topic.

The PD is just one of Ticonderoga's "back breakers" for the taxpayers. And a big one. It is absolutely true that they spend a great deal of time chasing the SAME petty criminals and druggies/drunks over and over. A peek at the police blotter easily demonstrates that.

It is a fact that State Police have a heavy presence in Ticonderoga. Why? I don't know. But there must be a reason why there are always in Ti. Hmmm... Are the SP overstaffed? Has the Ti Board asked them to keep a constant presence in Ti. And why would that be?

We live in very difficult economic times, and it's not going to get any better for the taxpayers. We should continue this discussion.
maybe

Ticonderoga, NY

#18 May 8, 2014
State Police will not respond from Lewis. For many years while our barney fife group of police where in there the state police had to respond because the state said our local group did not have training for investigating etc, and they came from Schroon lake to do so. They can respond from crown point as well, and in 15 minutes.....which is how long it takes our locals to respond to most calls.....even though they are local.
I see the benefit of both sides, but saving tax money is important, and with that being said...you should also know that if it is saved there....this town will only find somewhere else to spend it for you.
hmm

Ticonderoga, NY

#19 May 10, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
Is it MB again? Is intimidation of residents AGAIN? Sexual harassment? Tell!
Who is MB? Yeah and why isn't it showing up in the police blogger. She was running last with an International paper guy named Shawn.
taxes

Willsboro, NY

#21 Jun 15, 2014
Did you see a decrease in your taxes with the closure of the dispatch center in 2008? Nope.
a friend

Ticonderoga, NY

#22 Jun 23, 2014
I for one do not want the to PD to leave. They have been a great help and understand locals. Local PD knows the town and whom to watch. There are laws that prevent from arresting the problem makers.
Walt Chapleau

Louisville, KY

#23 Jun 24, 2014
It is interesting how people on this site judge others as clueless and nuts if they disagree or offer a prospective different from their own. Be that as it may, the citizens of Ticonderoga have never had to go without police protection where response times can be up to 2 to 3 hours. What good is ADT and other security protection if the police do not show up for that length of time? You will not appreciate what you have until you lose it. Much better to have the police carry the civil liability of protecting your lives and property than to carry it yourself. If you lose your PD, you will either have to assume this liability or let predators do as they will. You would not like living in that situation if you have had any experience with it. Law suits from self protection can last for years and will bankrupt the average citizen.
Who

Buffalo, NY

#24 Jun 24, 2014
Shawn who
Still

Latham, NY

#25 Jun 30, 2014
Wow, still the know-it-all from yesteryear. Got to argue with everything and about anything. Pretending to care is easy, when you aren't paying any taxes here. Pretending to know what it is like is easy, when you don't live here.

It's true. There is a lot of state police presence in Ti at all times. And so, why pay for a service twice? Just plain dumb.
Walt Chapleau

Troy, NY

#26 Jul 1, 2014
Still wrote:
Wow, still the know-it-all from yesteryear. Got to argue with everything and about anything. Pretending to care is easy, when you aren't paying any taxes here. Pretending to know what it is like is easy, when you don't live here.
It's true. There is a lot of state police presence in Ti at all times. And so, why pay for a service twice? Just plain dumb.
Certainly do not know it all and do not debate topics I know nothing about. Having worked in the criminal justice field for 30+ years, I do know a bit about that, civil liability, public administration and I enjoy researching history and politics. Having lived in an area with slow police response times and knowing people who have had law suits brought against them for protecting their property, I do not want my family in Ti living under those conditions. I did not know that I had to live in Ti to have an opinion. Apparently, you have taken my opinions personally, but at least you know who is disagreeing with you. Remember the saying "Where are the police when you need them?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla Peters 5 hr HotForCarla 12
homosexuals 9 hr YouRang? 2
gay men that wear camo and tight jeans 9 hr HeyDinkheads 4
has anyone seen the hookers at the park lately 9 hr HeyDinkheads 9
Lisa hunsdon 11 hr PedalFucker 19
Why the bias? 11 hr Call for an upris... 3
Anthony Woods Crime 11 hr Walkitdropit 1

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance