New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,753 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Michelle Obama

Westbury, NY

#7979 Aug 9, 2012
InbredfromColtsNeckNJ wrote:
derp!
God bless you. Thanks for the donation and signing Baracks birthday card
HiddenObamabotFi nder

Lakewood, NJ

#7980 Aug 9, 2012
InbredfromColtsNeckNJ wrote:
derp!
Your face is only one of several reasons why you would never be allowed to enter Colts Neck... Bwhahahahahahaha... Hidden Landfill Location Obamabot ObamaFailure!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7981 Aug 9, 2012
ackity derp blech...
Teddy R

Nashville, TN

#7982 Aug 9, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
then teddy how come no criticism of liber or feces or the preceding ranters,nothing they said borders on reason or truth,yet you are silent when it comes to them.wonder why?
What is this? A desperate cry for help?

Look - I'm not the Topix rhetorical quality police.

You guys are big boys and girls. I'm sorry if ideologically biased partisan hacks, shills, and serial plagiarizers that merely parrott progressive memes and partisan spin lines from the MediaMatters/DNC/Obama Ministry of Truth/HuffPo Sideboob Gazette/DailyKOS/BSNBC are so readily revealed to be completely devoid of the critical thinking skills necessary to defend those ideas based on verifiable fact and reasoned argument. I really am.

And I'm equally sorry you guys don't seem to have the critical thinking skills necessary to refute the stuff others post that you consider does not "border on reason or truth." If it's that foolish, refuting it should be child's play, right?

Much of what's extruded here on Topix are trolls that deserve no response at all. Much of the rest is tosh, and I don't subscribe to some of what Oppresso and Feces for Obobo and others you disagree with post. When I do agree with their views on some point of contention, you'll probably see me posting in support. But Teddy R helps those who help themselves - and you guys aren't even trying when it comes to critical fact-based thinking and reasoned argument most of the time.

Try facts and intelligently reasoned critical thinking sometime - I might surprise you. I may not agree with you, but at least I am more likely to respect your p.o.v.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7983 Aug 9, 2012
So nac I should vote for Romney, member of bushs' party.I have news for you nac,just because you do not agree with Obamas' policies doesnt man they are wrong or we are on the path to destruction.He won fair and square,and a lot of Americans believe he's doing the right thing.I want to vomit when I hear assholes like you questioning anothers' love of country because they don't back your man or see things your way.You and your ilk sir are the real threat to America.How dare you?How dare You.This country was founded on the right to dissent.Please read or have someone read to you our great constitution,because it's quite plain you have neither read it or understand it.Name one law he's broken?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7984 Aug 9, 2012
uuuuuuuurrrrp!
Teddy R

Nashville, TN

#7985 Aug 9, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
... You excuse mitts lying ...
Lying about what? You have yet to specify a single statement by Romney you claim to be untruthful, and provide the verifible evidence that shows it to be untrue.

Until you do, there is nothing for me to "excuse." You have not established a single Romney "lie" that requires any excuse from me or anyone else.
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
... by saying he had to do it to get elected to what you refer to as a socialist state.Why didn't he just run in another state with views more akin to his.
Why did Romney run for Gov in Massachusetts? For all the obvious reasons - because he was a long-time Massachusetts resident, because his employer (Bain) was a Boston-based company, because he was already heavily involved in Massachusetts politics, having run unsuccessfully against Ted Kennedy for the US Senate.

Your question here would be a bit less foolish if we were discussing one of the more well-known carpet-baggers like Robert Kennedy or Hillary Clinton - but Romney in Massachusetts? You're just being silly or PWD again.
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
You teddy are a blatant hypocrite,...
Ouch. You wound me. I plead not guilty - you have made no case. Your proof of my "hypocrisy" is ... what?
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
... who will say,do or excuse anything to get your guy elected,...
Not quite. I admit I will say and do what I have to within the bounds of law and reason to prevent the demonstrated national disaster that a second Obama administration would bring.
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
... You are not interested in a dialogue,but in a one man screed.
I can hardly be held responsible for your incapacity to muster a sensible and rational fact-based defense to criticism of the partisan memes and spin you parrot. You need to hold up your end with more than just partisan whinging, strawmen, and ad homs if we are to have a useful dialogue.
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
You also didn't read the post i cited on buckley,because if you had,you would have noted that as late as 1988,he was standing by what he said in the 50, and 60s.
I read it, I have acknowledged in response to your post Buckley's flaws and disavowed his regrettable early writings in support of white supremacy in Southern politics at that time, and I have cited other writings and evidence showing he changed his views on this subject himself later in life, and the picture is not as one-sided and extreme as the one you have painted of the man. You argue that because Buckley was in error at one time in his life on this one subject, everything Buckley said or wrote that you happen to find inconvenient or disagreeable can and should be dismissed out of hand. I do not agree this is a reasonable or rational view.

I do not think further debate between us serves any useful purpose. It seems you and I will just have to agree to disagree on the validity of Mr. Buckley's views and writings on matters other than white supremacy in 1950s/early 60s Southern politics.
Teddy R

Nashville, TN

#7986 Aug 9, 2012
liberal wrote:
Obama 2 to 1 odds winner in nov
The odds are even steeper than that, I'm afraid.

http://electoral-vote.com/

The Obamabots' lead is being eroded, but we still have A LOT of work to do if we are to head off the national disaster of a second Obama term.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7987 Aug 9, 2012
That's a pretty big subject to ignore.Like I said any opposing view ,you dismiss out of hand then belittle the person.You want a screed not a dialgue.
HiddenObamabotFi nder

Lakewood, NJ

#7989 Aug 9, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
That's a pretty big subject to ignore.Like I said any opposing view ,you dismiss out of hand then belittle the person.You want a screed not a dialgue.
dialgue? Bwhahahahahahahaha... dialogue!!! Hidden Embarrassed Landfill Location Obamafailure!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7990 Aug 9, 2012
If obama does win, it means that our nation will be forever ruled by a majority that wants to tax others to pay for their existence without any personal effort of their own, they have realized they can vote their entitlements and seize the wealth of others, in the name of social justice, an aberrant mutation of democracy. What else could it mean? That obama has done a reasonable job of governing? That he has even a basic grasp of economic structure? That it really was Bushs' fault. No, the unproductive have reached the point of realizing that they can seize the fruits of the productive, by the ballot. The decline will be rapid.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7991 Aug 9, 2012
oh oh grammar cops,only people who've never made a typo or grammatical error can hold this post.tactic often resorted to when unable to refute an arguement.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#7992 Aug 9, 2012
Teddy stop trying to confuse the escaped mental patients, life is hard enough on the run from sanity.
Teddy R

Nashville, TN

#7993 Aug 9, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
If obama does win, it means that our nation will be forever ruled by a majority that wants to tax others to pay for their existence without any personal effort of their own, they have realized they can vote their entitlements and seize the wealth of others, in the name of social justice, an aberrant mutation of democracy. What else could it mean? That obama has done a reasonable job of governing? That he has even a basic grasp of economic structure? That it really was Bushs' fault. No, the unproductive have reached the point of realizing that they can seize the fruits of the productive, by the ballot. The decline will be rapid.
Exactly right.

The most imortant election of our lives.

Americans face a stark choice, between:

Continuing down the path toward federal government-controlled universal socialized medicine vs. returning to individual responsibility and freedom of choice in one's own healthcare decisions

Manadatory Union membership vs. open-shop free labor markets for the individual, in which Unions have to earn their keep by delivering VALUE to workers and employers.

Federal government-imposed wealth redistribution vs. the free-enterprise system

Ever-expanding and intrusive Nanny-state federal government vs. individual freedom and responsibility and sovereignty of the individual States

A bloated, fiscally unsustainable European-style federal government promoting a declining nation of dependency and entitlement addicts vs. a lean and sustainable federal government promoting a vibrant and productive nation of free people pursuing success, prosperity, and happiness

A President who believes in using the power of the State to engineer "equality of outcome" for his political friends and patrons vs. one who believes in "equality of opportunity."

More centralized federal government control and intrusion into our individual private and business lives vs. more individual freedom.

Proven incompetence and epic failure vs. experience and competence in executive leadership, growing businesses and economic activity, and fiscal responsibility.

The choice could not be more clear.

Obama doesn't want to engage in substantive debate on these issues, because he knows full well his record of performance is abysmal and his leftist agenda is out of step with the majority of Americans - the polls consistently show this.

That's why we're seeing nothing from the Obama-bots and the progressive-left media shills that are in the tank for him but silly trivia and sophomoric attack ads about Romney's taxes, Romney's dog, Ann's horse, yadda yadda yadda - anything to keep the public eye off the real issues and the real smoking train wreck that his first term has wrought.
HiddenObamabotFi nder

Lakewood, NJ

#7994 Aug 9, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
oh oh grammar cops,only people who've never made a typo or grammatical error can hold this post.tactic often resorted to when unable to refute an arguement.
That would be you... the embarrassed resident of a landfill... hiding from the truth about the incompetent, failed presidency of the Chicago puppet... Bwhahahahahahahaha... Hidden Embarrassed Landfill Location ObamaFailure!
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#7995 Aug 9, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Manadatory Union membership vs. open-shop free labor markets for the individual, in which Unions have to earn their keep by delivering VALUE to workers and employers.
unions are what ruined nassau county and nys...
time to do away with unions, they past their time and purpose...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7997 Aug 9, 2012
Hey if unions ruined America,how come the jobs were shipped to china? Do I hear anyone volunteering to work 40 hrs. in a row with no overtime for about a buck twenty an hour?Please speak up I can't hear you.All an open shop does is let freeloaders sponge of the union members.They want the pay and benefits the union negotiates for them,but don't want to pay dues,just welfare sponges is all they are.Yes what a horrible idea,having a system where getting sick doesn't mean bankruptcy or death.Just because all the 1st world nations have it and lead us in all major medical catergories doesn't mean we should have it.30 year ago the average CEO made about 20-30 times what the worker made now its 1000s of times more.The greed comes not from the unions but from management.Then again right wing lickspittles have always upheld the right of the rich to exloit them.Teddy-peddy your knowledge has the depth of a single sheet of paper.You know the talking points but little else.Shameless if you want to do away with unions,make sure you get rid of all the laws they enacted to help workers.So don't be surprised when you see 8 yr. old boys working in coal mines,or the boss locking the door after you have checked into work and not opening it till 12 hrs. later when your shifts over.
yup

Plattsburgh, NY

#7999 Aug 9, 2012
here
HiddenObamabotFi nder

Lakewood, NJ

#8000 Aug 9, 2012
RombotFromColtsNeck wrote:
Hey if unions ruined America,how come the jobs were shipped to china? Do I hear anyone volunteering to work 40 hrs. in a row with no overtime for about a buck twenty an hour?Please speak up I can't hear you.All an open shop does is let freeloaders sponge of the union members.They want the pay and benefits the union negotiates for them,but don't want to pay dues,just welfare sponges is all they are.Yes what a horrible idea,having a system where getting sick doesn't mean bankruptcy or death.Just because all the 1st world nations have it and lead us in all major medical catergories doesn't mean we should have it.30 year ago the average CEO made about 20-30 times what the worker made now its 1000s of times more.The greed comes not from the unions but from management.Then again right wing lickspittles have always upheld the right of the rich to exloit them.Teddy-peddy your knowledge has the depth of a single sheet of paper.You know the talking points but little else.Shameless if you want to do away with unions,make sure you get rid of all the laws they enacted to help workers.So don't be surprised when you see 8 yr. old boys working in coal mines,or the boss locking the door after you have checked into work and not opening it till 12 hrs. later when your shifts over.
Obamablahblahblahblah... Bwhahahahahaha... Hidden Embarrassed Location Landfill ObamaFailure!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8001 Aug 9, 2012
urpy derpy woot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They came to their senses 1 hr GET BACK AT THEM 7
Karrisa Cook 14 hr Tang Man 8
Worthless Adult Children 21 hr wadda fruitcake 55
Sluts in Ti Sun doppy 26
What is the definition of insanity? Sun doppy 6
single moms Sun Vermont Baby 21
Drama at Ti hospital with local pill head last ... (Apr '15) Sun Looser 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages