Is it ok for a male cop to search a f...

Is it ok for a male cop to search a female?

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ti Citizen

United States

#1 May 4, 2011
There was an incident a couple days ago where a male state trooper had a female unbutton her shorts so that he could search her there were two young females that should not have been doing what they were doing but yet the cops should have called one of the two female cops to come search these girls and their belongings..the state boy was very rude and cuffed one of the girls so tight it left her arms swollen and bruised. these two girls were treated very poorly and when they got to the station one of the girls ask to use the bathroom and the D.E.C follwed her in and when she went to go shut the door he pushed it open telling the girl that she had to keep the door opend so he could make sure she was not flushing anything....where has their minds went these are two young females who should not had been searched by three male officers......
yooy

United States

#2 May 4, 2011
If they had NOT been doing what they were doing..(your statement)the police wouldn't have had to search them. If males can be searched so should females. If they don't want to be searched than don't give the police reason to do so.
The officer was correct in not allowing the restroom door to be closed. without evidence there wouldn't be a case.
also the girl was not alone with the officer..you said two girls...and the fact her hands were cuffed was no doubt for everyones saftey...
maybe this will be a wake up call for the two girls. follow the law and you won't have to be searched or cuffed.
Ti Citizen

United States

#3 May 4, 2011
listen here u obviously have no clue about the law so go get ur facts straight a male cop has NO RIGHT searchig a female and no right of watching them use the restroom. that is why we have two female cops and yes she was alone bc the other girl was in another room with another cop...thank you very much for makeing yourself sound stupid.
Ti Citizen

United States

#4 May 4, 2011
and without evidence the cop already undid her shorts and searched her and found nothing so he had no right to watch a female use the bathroom after shes already been illegally searched.
Ti Citizen

United States

#5 May 4, 2011
another thing is yeah cuff her but not soo tight to where it leaves her arms swollen and bruised for days after when she was not violent and she did everything they told her to do without a problem.
yourwrong

Cobleskill, NY

#6 May 4, 2011
Google is your friend Ticitizen: this is straight from a police fourm....and straight from a cop...

Any police officer can search any suspect, no matter what the gender of each is.

Female suspects can carry weapons and hurt you just as males do. Do you really think they just get let off without a search?

It just isn't feasible to call a female police officer to the scene every time a woman needs to be searched, and conversely, for me it would not be feasible to call a male officer to the scene every time I needed to search a male suspect.

Some females may try to make things difficult by demanding a female officer do the search, but I don't see any reason why you would have to heed their request unless you just felt like doing it to make things go smoother.

We also do all of our searches in front of the in-car video so there can be no question as to whether it was done properly (ie: no improper touches or squeezing). This also makes it impossible for the person to come back later and say they were handled improperly.(We may even inform them that "we are just going to come over here in front of the car where the camera is" so they don't get any ideas as we search them).

If I am arresting someone, they get searched just after handcuffing before i place them in the car, and then they get searched again once we get inside the jail, before I remove the cuffs. You can't be too careful.
UnKnown

United States

#7 May 4, 2011
obviously you wernt there during the situation; a male officer doesnt have the right to search a female; everyone knows that very well.
think what you'd like but you wont know the facts, ticonderoga is filled with scumbags that sit around doing shit they shouldnt be doing, and yet they arent being busted, this town is worthless for real.
UnKnown

United States

#8 May 4, 2011
its violationg a females privacy; to have a young girl unbutton her pants for them to check for weapons, why would these girls even have a weapon on them if they werent even looking for trouble?
the handcuffs shouldnt of left a bruise, thats not acceptable at all; handcuffs should not be that tight to the point where you cant even move your wrist. a girl has every right to walk into a bathroom and shut the door behind them, a male officer should not have to stand outside an opened door basically (as said above), since they checked the young girls to begin with without a female around.
and even if the law states a male officer can check both male and female, i think its wrong for that. im sure a female sits there and has males unbutton there pants and what not when they are searching them; im sure a male cop gets called in for it.
Ti Citizen

United States

#9 May 4, 2011
alright you can keep lying and saying ur a cop all u want but a male cop is not to search a female you stupid a** and he did not bring her in front of the car he did it on the side of the car you are just makeing urself sound stupid because these two girls have lawyers and now know the law males are NOT TO SEARCH FEMALES..OR WATCH THEM USE THE BATHROOM. and you will see when it all comes down to it so sit behind your computer liveing a lie because sweetheart you obvioulsy have no clue about the law the only reason we have two female cops in this town is BECAUSE a male cop is NOT to search a female.....
Ti Citizen

United States

#10 May 4, 2011
thanks unknown atleast you know the law:)
I raced the boys

United States

#11 May 4, 2011
is it okay for a female officer to frisk a male?
yourwrong

Cobleskill, NY

#12 May 4, 2011
um...I'm not a cop..I'm saying I GOT IT FROM A COP...it is not illegal for a male cop to search...if it was illeagl there would be more female cops out in the US.....think about it..what you here and know are 2 diff things. if you think you know better..call a lawyer.... they will give free advice. you think you know it all...do some research before opening your big mouth thinking you know it all....I can promise you..it's not illegal...truth hurts...you'll see
Ti Citizen

United States

#13 May 4, 2011
hunny they have lawyers and it is illegal take ur own advice and truth dont hurt when its not the truth u dumb bitc*.....u seriously are a dumb person stop writting on this subject and go get ur facts straight....u will see when these two girls go to court and everything gets dropped bc they were wrongly handled.....
wrong

Adams, MA

#15 May 4, 2011
I'm sorry Ti Citizen but you are wrong. They may have a lawyer but he is also incorrect if he even said what you are posting.
It IS perfectly legal for a male police officer to search a female suspect. Just as it is legal for a female to search a male and a male prison guard to work in a female prison and a female prison guard to work in a male prison where searches are also conducted. If your friends hadn't done something to raise suspicion I guess they wouldn't even have been searched and it sounds to me like their is a lot of embellishing going on in your story. I'm a employee of the court system and I have heard nothing about this.
interesting

Cobleskill, NY

#16 May 4, 2011
i dont no the laws that good but it is illegal for them to sarch like that without a female officer present
yourwrong

Cobleskill, NY

#17 May 4, 2011
no...but it really isn't tho...People do not seem to understand. If it was illegal they would need a female officer present 24 hours a day 7 days a week ON DUTY in ANY police station. There is NO LAW stating this. again...people do some research..I've said it in above posts...contact a lawyer for free advice. Also GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND...take it for what it's worth or just THINK you know everything....just because you herd someone say it doesn't make it true...if I said it was sunny out right now and kept saying it...would you belive it??
interesting wrote:
i dont no the laws that good but it is illegal for them to sarch like that without a female officer present
Wow

United States

#18 May 4, 2011
"yourwrong" you really dont know much about nothing do you your one of those people who do nothing with your lives but think your right all the time huh and what they did to her is wrong a male cop cannot go down inside a girls shorts that is a fact and i guess everyone will see when these girls go to court that a male cop is not to do that and "wrong" you obviously dont work at the court or your just not important if you have yet to hear about this incident... i dont even know these two young girls but i have heard about this and what those cops did to them was wrong completly a male cannot watch a female use the restroom or search her that is just not possible...and from the sounds of it these girls are both young enough to have their parents brought into it and im telling you what if that was my daughter a cop did that to id fight to the fullest it is wrong what they did to these girl.!
english

Adams, MA

#19 May 4, 2011
Wow wrote:
"yourwrong" you really dont know much about nothing do you your one of those people who do nothing with your lives but think your right all the time huh and what they did to her is wrong a male cop cannot go down inside a girls shorts that is a fact and i guess everyone will see when these girls go to court that a male cop is not to do that and "wrong" you obviously dont work at the court or your just not important if you have yet to hear about this incident... i dont even know these two young girls but i have heard about this and what those cops did to them was wrong completly a male cannot watch a female use the restroom or search her that is just not possible...and from the sounds of it these girls are both young enough to have their parents brought into it and im telling you what if that was my daughter a cop did that to id fight to the fullest it is wrong what they did to these girl.!
Ever hear of a period?? Use one please you sound like a douche
Who

United States

#20 May 4, 2011
Who are the girls?
WTF

United States

#23 May 5, 2011
i am one of the girls that had this happen to them and all of u people act as if it is okay that this cop did this to me no its not he was very rude and left me in tears you do not know me to sit behind a computer and judge you were not there that day it did not happen to you so why dont you mind your own business and stay out of it if your gonna talk shi* about me when you dont know me what that cop did was way wrong and i know that it was its my case not none of yours so id think id know more on it than you...and crownpointcop you are a sick individual and i am bringigng your statement to a lawyer and showing them you CANNOT do that....and ur comment about girls ohh buddy you f*cked up. All of you people need to grow up and find something better to do with your lives than sit behind a computer trying to put people down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trailer park brawl 4 min Friend 10
Fort Ti 1 hr Go Figger 17
Rite Aide (Dec '16) 3 hr H1n1s 31
slumlord 3 hr H1n1s 10
Lisa hunsdon Wed Piggie 58
Shawn Johndrow Tue Sam 16
Carla Peters Tue Brandon 43

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance