Bad milk from Walmart
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Disappointed

Delanson, NY

#1 Jun 5, 2011
Has anyone else had milk from Walmart that has an expiration date of June 10th that has already gone bad? I have had two containers that have gone bad before their expiration date, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this inconvenience like I have.
poit

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2011
I get milk by the gallon at Walmart..after a thunderstorm it often taste a bit sour. was told years ago that this could happen.. could be "an old wives tale" or might be true. In any case take it back for refund..
walkadog

Schenectady, NY

#3 Jun 5, 2011
Disappointed wrote:
Has anyone else had milk from Walmart that has an expiration date of June 10th that has already gone bad? I have had two containers that have gone bad before their expiration date, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this inconvenience like I have.
Take it back. I have taken quite a bit back lately. I bought strawberries, opened them the next day, most were rotten on the inside. Also moldy bread the day after buying it. We should not be subject to inferior food.
milk purchaser

Bolton Landing, NY

#4 Jun 5, 2011
I wonder where the milk gets shipped in from and how long it has been on the road. I have had bad milk there and have taken it back. Finally I started buying milk from Stewarts. It is fresh and shipped in fresh.
I won't buy beef there either. Full of preservatives.
wally

Cobleskill, NY

#5 Jun 5, 2011
buy bread and milk from walmart daily. Never had a problem. If ur milk did go bad, bring it back and they will be happy to exchange it or refund your money. Milk comes from the same place as Stewarts and every other milk selling store in the area so don't start blaming walmart for their product. Bread comes from freihoffer so next time u see the vendor stocking bread, because walmart employees do not stock the bread, tell him to check his product before putting it out.
snoop

Cobleskill, NY

#6 Jun 5, 2011
milk purchaser wrote:
I wonder where the milk gets shipped in from and how long it has been on the road. I have had bad milk there and have taken it back. Finally I started buying milk from Stewarts. It is fresh and shipped in fresh.
I won't buy beef there either. Full of preservatives.
I have had bad milk from there several times/I went in one day and several containers were outdated/I find a lot of outdated stuff/I have never purchased meat there after reading about other Walmart horror stories/I look at the meat and it does not look good at all/I think they buy a lot of seconds, especially bread/Bread and muffins go bad quick/When I buy English Muffins at Hannaford or Price Chopper you can see the difference, stay fresh a lot longer/I hate Walmart
Stewarts Employee

United States

#7 Jun 5, 2011
wally wrote:
buy bread and milk from walmart daily. Never had a problem. If ur milk did go bad, bring it back and they will be happy to exchange it or refund your money. Milk comes from the same place as Stewarts and every other milk selling store in the area so don't start blaming walmart for their product. Bread comes from freihoffer so next time u see the vendor stocking bread, because walmart employees do not stock the bread, tell him to check his product before putting it out.
Stewarts has its own plant. Milk ,ice cream, and all the dairy products are made or bottled in Saratoga. Stores get a delivery every three days, so the milk is fresh. From the cow to you in forty eight hours or less. So we do not get our milk from the same places.
Shopper

Bolton Landing, NY

#8 Jun 5, 2011
How about the employees at Walmart? Some are very good, but others should not have a job. Like Danielle Garrow to name just one.
cooperglass

Cobleskill, NY

#9 Jun 5, 2011
Wouldn't it be great if Ti could get another grocery store like Hannaford or Price Chopper. Wal-mart has us over a barrel.
Iron Mountain Man

Cobleskill, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2011
Buy your bread milk ice cream and gas from Stewarts. And they have free air.

They don't have a great selection of beer however neither does Walmart.
Sam

Bolton Landing, NY

#11 Jun 6, 2011
Thank you Stewarts Employee - I knew the products were fresh.
As far as Walmart goes, they have a 100 mile radius or better of people over a barrel. We get fruits and vegetables here that shouldn't even be on the shelves. The beef is not edible and I am sure not at all good for you with all that is added.
I have purchased crackers (more than once)and the box was not dented at all but all 4 sleeves of crackers were crumbled. Now, how does this happen? Does Walmart buy up "seconds" from Nabisco and bring it all the way up here where it doesn't matter? It wouldn't surprise me.
you people

Cobleskill, NY

#12 Jun 6, 2011
I haven't visited this forum for months; but sad to say "you people" haven't changed. Complaining all the time, nothing right, everything wrong with everything and everyone. Why don't you stop and count your blessings and be thankful for what God had done for you?

Since: Aug 10

Cobleskill, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2011
Disappointed wrote:
I have had gallon size containers of milk be sour when I opened them. It is not always convenient to go back to Walmart for a refund. Walmart has second rate fresh food and dairy. Why are we Ticonderogians relegated to inferior food? Are we any less important than people in Queensbury with Price Chopper and Hannaford. Whenever I am there, I load up the car with good food.
Yes, Walmart is sometimes cheaper than other stores (if we only had other stores), but you get what you pay for. And it isn't good

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Jun 6, 2011
you all had other options before,GU and then Tops,but you might save a nickel at WalMart,you get what ya pay for, and be careful what you wish for,,,cause Ti got it....
no support

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2011
When you had Grand Union and Tops, you didn't support them. So they closed. You're left with Wal-Mart now, get used to it. Hannaford and Price Chopper know better than to sink their dollars into this community.
wow

Albany, NY

#17 Jun 9, 2011
There are other options, I shop at Stewarts for milk and bread and Two Brothers for meat and once a month go out of town for everything else
wally

Cobleskill, NY

#18 Jun 11, 2011
I was referring to byrne dairy milk. Walmart brand milk also gets delivered by byrne dairy. I am aware stewarts has their own product, which I like and was cheaper than walmart. I was just simply stating that you cant always blame a store for their product. blame the supplier. Although the dept. manager of dairy and whatever assistant manager handles that dept. should be aware of issues before they sell product. I apologize if what I said offended anyone.
sinner

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2011
you people wrote:
I haven't visited this forum for months; but sad to say "you people" haven't changed. Complaining all the time, nothing right, everything wrong with everything and everyone. Why don't you stop and count your blessings and be thankful for what God had done for you?
Sorry, God flubbed on this one. Can't thank God for Walmart. But i will if we get an Aldi, Price Chopper or the like!
seen it

Cobleskill, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2011
i have also seen that the wal mart milk goes bad before its freshness date, so we switched to byrne's milk when shopping at the mart.

however, i noticed that the byrne
s milk freshness date always seems to be within a few days of purchase (like 2 to 3 days).

so, i am thinking they are skimping on the byrne's delivery in hopes of customers buying thier great value milk, because seemingly in theory it will last longer.
wally worker

Bolton Landing, NY

#21 Jul 2, 2011
ok so i work the overnight shift at wal* Mart and what u guys dont know an dont understand is that we get turcks that carry our products on certen nights, we have no control on when the stuff is brought to us. As for milk it is taken right off the truck an put on the shelf an the dates are checked everynight so no bad milk goes up.. We just go by the lable on the bottle so customers can not be mad at wal*mart when the lables on the bottels are what we are going by.. the same thing goes for meat an produce we get trucks every week from our supliers we have no say on what they give us..so if you really think about it, its nto really wal marts fault

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cort already replaced old drug dealers with new... 4 hr Sick of it all 6
building inspecter 8 hr Lolz 10
Pat Gould and koret 10 hr Jon Smith 19
da 10 hr Jon Smith 3
House trim sought- victorian gingerbread/shutters Mar 22 playa 3
Spring Food Mar 20 no shït 13
useless police Mar 20 wu tang yall 12

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance