(Deborah) Mars Is Out of Fort Ti

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PAYING ATTENTION

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 20, 2008
 
quite
PAYING ATTENTION

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 20, 2008
 
about
lurker

Lake George, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 20, 2008
 
woops! found it back a few comments 3/16

Paine majored in history at Princeton University where he was the class valedictorian and selected as a Rhodes Scholar. He holds law degrees from Oxford University and Harvard Law School and is a member of the New York and English bars.

Paine is a retired partner of the international law firm Cleary, Gottleib, Steen & Hamilton.

For 35 years, Paine was involved in environmental issues in the Adirondacks, notably as a controversial commissioner on the Adirondack Park Agency Board. He was a principal author of the Adirondack Park Agency Act and an agency commissioner for 25 years.

Paine is also a trustee and former chairman of the Adirondack Nature Conservancy and is currently chairman of the Champlain National Bank Board of Directors in Willsboro.
Ponderer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 20, 2008
 
lurker wrote:
this past week there was a news article somewhere about Peter Payne of Willsboro being named to her position..... Peter Payne wrote most of the APA agenda and was head of it for several years
See above reference to that article in the Press Republican. I provided a direct link to that article.(See above under "Ponderer" entry.)

Also note that PP's moniker is (I think) on the ignominious APA proposal for the Adirondacks for the 21st Century back like about 15 years ago. A disastrous publication that alienated local support of the Park by suggesting that we round everyone up within the Blue Line and make them live in "hamlets". Boy, oh, boy, was that a stupendous stupnagle public relations move!

Also note that PP is/was a hot-shot New York City lawyer who specialized in international law. Was on a committee named exactly that in the Association of the Bar of the City of New York in the 1980's along with another hot-shot NYC lawyer who now lives up here. Doesn't make him/them a bad guy/s, but just pay attention to who knows whom.

Also note that he, as Deborah Mars, is/was involved with the Nature Conservancy.

Now, I'm a very pro-protect-the-ecology/enviro nment kind of person. But, cynic that I am, this makes me ponder what exactly motivates these folks.(Ponder "real [REAL!] estate."

Call me "ever-increasingly cynic."

What size bed would accommodate these folks? Obviously king-size simply won't do. Should we say "corporate-sized"?
Not a cynic

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 21, 2008
 

Judged:

4

1

1

You're a realist, as am I.
The other hot-shot attorney being a founder of the Main Street Project.
(Guess they'll have to find someone else to run their website now, won't they? Or will the judge let Gilbert out 2 days a week to "keep his job" part-time, like Bennett??):-)
Ponderer wrote:
<quoted text>
See above reference to that article in the Press Republican. I provided a direct link to that article.(See above under "Ponderer" entry.)
Also note that PP's moniker is (I think) on the ignominious APA proposal for the Adirondacks for the 21st Century back like about 15 years ago. A disastrous publication that alienated local support of the Park by suggesting that we round everyone up within the Blue Line and make them live in "hamlets". Boy, oh, boy, was that a stupendous stupnagle public relations move!
Also note that PP is/was a hot-shot New York City lawyer who specialized in international law. Was on a committee named exactly that in the Association of the Bar of the City of New York in the 1980's along with another hot-shot NYC lawyer who now lives up here. Doesn't make him/them a bad guy/s, but just pay attention to who knows whom.
Also note that he, as Deborah Mars, is/was involved with the Nature Conservancy.
Now, I'm a very pro-protect-the-ecology/enviro nment kind of person. But, cynic that I am, this makes me ponder what exactly motivates these folks.(Ponder "real [REAL!] estate."
Call me "ever-increasingly cynic."
What size bed would accommodate these folks? Obviously king-size simply won't do. Should we say "corporate-sized"?
PAYING ATTENTION

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 21, 2008
 
I stand corrected. Thought the old fart died.
BOB

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 1, 2008
 
DON'T BLAME HER
Matt

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

It is interesting to see that our people are smart and have inquiring minds. 80% of the comments here seemed to all agree that Deborah Marsí abrupt resignation was suspicious. Deborahís resignation as President of Fort Ticonderoga Board of Trustees has nothing to do with the activities at the Fort or Westfield. The true story is, her husband, Forrest Mars has been cheating on her with a biracial hot girl who is twenty something. Deborah got desperate at the thought of loosing all that potential and opportunity to continue living the life she wants, so she hired a hitman to kill his mistress and the plan failed; thatís is the real reason behind her abrupt resignation as President of the Fort Ticonderoga Board of Trustees. She feared the story would get to the media and get out of control. They are no longer married (separated) and no longer live together, but this is kept on the low for the good image of the family. The last straw in the relationship was Forrest refusing to attend the dedication of the building bearing Deborahís name because his new girlfriend didnít want him attending and he agreed he wouldnít attend. So bailing out on Fort Ticonderoga building inauguration was Deborahís only way out because she couldnít bear the shame of her husband refusing to attend the event and didnít want the media questioning why something so important, he was missing from the picture. This got this scoop from one of Deborahís cousin here at Ticonderoga who has been telling few people around her that Deborah is depressed, suicidal, ashamed, and is having serious marital problems. I want to feel but for her but she had no common sense. Instead of staying a professional at work while working at Mars, Deborah chose to be a spread leg in the office by having an affair with Forrest Mars; so ultimately, she got what she deserve because once a cheater is always a cheater.
Ponderer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 15, 2008
 
Matt wrote:
It is interesting to see that our people are smart and have inquiring minds. 80% of the comments here seemed to all agree that Deborah Marsí abrupt resignation was suspicious. Deborahís resignation as President of Fort Ticonderoga Board of Trustees has nothing to do with the activities at the Fort or Westfield. The true story is, her husband, Forrest Mars has been cheating on her with a biracial hot girl who is twenty something. Deborah got desperate at the thought of loosing all that potential and opportunity to continue living the life she wants, so she hired a hitman to kill his mistress and the plan failed; thatís is the real reason behind her abrupt resignation as President of the Fort Ticonderoga Board of Trustees. She feared the story would get to the media and get out of control. They are no longer married (separated) and no longer live together, but this is kept on the low for the good image of the family. The last straw in the relationship was Forrest refusing to attend the dedication of the building bearing Deborahís name because his new girlfriend didnít want him attending and he agreed he wouldnít attend. So bailing out on Fort Ticonderoga building inauguration was Deborahís only way out because she couldnít bear the shame of her husband refusing to attend the event and didnít want the media questioning why something so important, he was missing from the picture. This got this scoop from one of Deborahís cousin here at Ticonderoga who has been telling few people around her that Deborah is depressed, suicidal, ashamed, and is having serious marital problems. I want to feel but for her but she had no common sense. Instead of staying a professional at work while working at Mars, Deborah chose to be a spread leg in the office by having an affair with Forrest Mars; so ultimately, she got what she deserve because once a cheater is always a cheater.
Wow!!

If nothing else, that makes a hell of a read.
Sandy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 17, 2008
 

Judged:

5

3

1

Wow! Quite a yarn! That Matt from NJ, or Crown Pt. sure knows how to spin a yarn. She's a talented writer.
Fort Scoop

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 17, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

1

Yes, the cost over runs were in the millions. Mr. Mars asked Westbrook repeatedly for 6 months that he wanted to see a detailed allocation of how his and Mrs. Mars' donations were being spent. Westbrook wouldn't comply so Mrs. Mars resigned. Westbrook killed the golden goose.
Ti- Me-Up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 17, 2008
 
I really don't care much about the politics with
respect to our new facility at the Fort. These folks granted us an enhancement to our historical
"crown jewel" and I thank them for it. Their lives
are as complicated as our own for better or worse.
I like the fort and it's grounds and will happily
visit the D.C. Mars pavilion while enjoying a bag
of M&M's. Hey, it's the least I can do!
fort watcher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 17, 2008
 
Boy would I love to heare more, Matt! This is the funniest thing I've read in months, and I hope it's true...too good not to be!
Some experience

Hockessin, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 17, 2008
 

Judged:

6

1

This would not surprise me the tiniest bit.
Fort Scoop wrote:
Yes, the cost over runs were in the millions. Mr. Mars asked Westbrook repeatedly for 6 months that he wanted to see a detailed allocation of how his and Mrs. Mars' donations were being spent. Westbrook wouldn't comply so Mrs. Mars resigned. Westbrook killed the golden goose.
Hmmm

Hockessin, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 17, 2008
 

Judged:

6

3

3

I've never thought that she was even a very good writer.
An opportunist yes!!! A "good" writer? Nah.
Sandy wrote:
Wow! Quite a yarn! That Matt from NJ, or Crown Pt. sure knows how to spin a yarn. She's a talented writer.
Ti Townie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 18, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Who is the "she" you are referring to as the writer? Certainly not Deb Mars, she can't put together a cohesive sentence or spell for that matter.
Nope

Hockessin, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 18, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

No, not Deb Mars. Read the original post closer!
Ti Townie wrote:
Who is the "she" you are referring to as the writer? Certainly not Deb Mars, she can't put together a cohesive sentence or spell for that matter.
Adk Mom

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 18, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

Do you even know Deb Mars? I can assure you, she can most certainly "put together a cohesive sentence and spell". She's a highly educated person.
Ponderer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 18, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I have to admit that I too am in the dark about who you're talking about in terms of being a writer. Matt from N.J.?(That was quite a story.) Virginia Westbrook?(I believe she's written some books/articles for the fort.)

Can anyone spell this situation out for me? Who is "Matt" from Red Bank with a scenario that sounds like it belongs on a day-time soap? Etc., etc.

Back to the "real" dirt for me (i.e., mustard greens into the ground).

Thanks, all!
townie

Cobleskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 18, 2008
 
Adk Mom wrote:
Do you even know Deb Mars? I can assure you, she can most certainly "put together a cohesive sentence and spell". She's a highly educated person.
wrong, wrong, wrong. snobby airs do not mean you're educated. read something in her own hand and weep, if you're so defensive of her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ticonderoga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ticonderoga
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••