Heating oil prices
Afraid to heat

Cobleskill, NY

#1 Sep 22, 2008
What prices are the local suppliers quoting you for this winter? Are you pre-paying to lock in a price?
Heating

Crown Point, NY

#2 Sep 24, 2008
I was not able to prepay or get on a budget due to the fact of the price of oil. So, we will wing it. This country is in a sad shape and money is flowing but not to the right area's. Bail outs with big payouts and no relief for the taxpayers. Our school taxes rose signifinantli and electric too, so what do you do?
Heating

Crown Point, NY

#3 Sep 24, 2008
Ultra Mar -$4.15
Treadways -$4.00
Griffiths -$389.9
Hello

Schenectady, NY

#4 Sep 24, 2008
Mountain Petroleum in Schroon Lake was $3.88 cash delivery last week.

“Share Your Heart with Someone”

Since: Jan 08

Crown Point, NY

#5 Sep 24, 2008
thanks for updates
electric

Albany, NY

#6 Sep 26, 2008
we might be using our space heaters and/or electric heaters to help supplement the cost for heat.
Nice People

Cobleskill, NY

#7 Sep 27, 2008
Champlain Coal is Whitehall is 3.50 a gallon for fuel oil. They deliver to TI.
hadji

Memphis, TN

#9 Sep 27, 2008
I think if you do the math, you will see that the use of electric baseboard heat is cheaper per btu than oil or propane right now. Even with the installation of new equipment. It also bears noting that the use of electric in conjunction with another source of heat is an excellent way to offset the high cost of propane or oil. Once you heat everything in the room, it makes it easier to keep the room at a comfortable temp using a source like electric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
animal neglect and abuse 1 hr abuse not tolerated 1
Mark Smith-murderer (May '17) 1 hr Hesakiller 13
wips 10 hr Newideas 17
Something New?? 10 hr Newideas 1
Bust in crown point 14 hr Townie 11
Awful finny 15 hr Speakingfromexper... 4
It'd be nice for ti 17 hr Speakingfromexper... 5

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance