First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Honest question

Crown Point, NY

#1 Mar 19, 2013
If a small business goes bankrupt and leaves people jobless does this mean the owner of the company is now poor and jobless? Or are the on Vacation living a good life while they still owe people money?
question

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Mar 19, 2013
depends on the type of bankruptcy and what was filed in the suit.
Ohhplease

Arkansas City, KS

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Honest question wrote:
If a small business goes bankrupt and leaves people jobless does this mean the owner of the company is now poor and jobless? Or are the on Vacation living a good life while they still owe people money?
Your business owner just wants to live off Bambam's government programs, like an increasing number of others. If you can do it why can't he? Why should he take risk, try to succeed? Just to have more and more profits confiscated so others can stay home, laugh and point as the sucker who goes off to work each morning?
The easiest thing to do ('til the money runs out) given today's over-tax and over-regulate business environment is to stay home and become an Obama supporter.
Bankruptcy

San Diego, CA

#4 Mar 19, 2013
If a company files bankruptcy, any type, you are pretty much screwed. You may get some of your money back, or nothing.

As for the government programs, they are the same programs that have been around for decades. I don't begrudge anyone TEMPORARY help. However, it certainly has become a lifestyle for some people/families and for generations.

As I see it, there should be more work programs. Anyone can help pick up litter, for example, including someone in a wheelchair. Supervisors/trainers would be need and that translates into some jobs. And, a high school diploma or a G.E.D. should be required to get assistance--if a person doesn't have one, they should be required to get into a program until they can pass the test. In other words, no more sitting on their butts at home all day and night.
PRES

Rocklin, CA

#5 Mar 19, 2013
Thats not what our president wants. He wants the people to be dependent on the government. I agree, if you get government assistance you should have to do something for it and not just spend it and I don't mean bang out more kids to get more money. This money is financial planning for the future of families and their kids. They are just plain lazy.
Bankruptcy

San Diego, CA

#6 Mar 19, 2013
In my professional experience, I have seen people working the system like it was a fine art. They can find "programs" that will actually pay to have their trash (aka empty beer cans, diapers etc.) disposed of and all paid for. Did you know that program was available? Yeh, right--the rest of us pay our way at the landfill.

But here is something to seriously consider: If you just cut these people off...these people with no or very little education and/or learning "disabilities," some with criminal backgrounds, substance abuse problems (long-term), children and more children, and worst of all NO WORK ETHIC, what is going to happen? Crime!

I believe we would have a serious increase in the level of crime like you wouldn't believe. So, what to do? A "jobs program," even if it means picking up litter and mopping floors, supervised of course, and an increase in law enforcement while a transition is made between the "sit on your butt all day" lifestyle to "I actually gotta get up and go to w-o-r-k" lifestyle. Eventually, maybe, things will settle down. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a generation...or two! Because, you are right: Lazy begets lazy.
FYI

Crown Point, NY

#7 Mar 19, 2013
news flash Jamie and Amy Reale owe a lot of people tons of money and they vacation in the Bahamas and live high on the hog. I guess he knew the right places to hide it before he ran the family business into the ground!
slackjaw

Crown Point, NY

#8 Mar 19, 2013
FYI wrote:
news flash Jamie and Amy Reale owe a lot of people tons of money and they vacation in the Bahamas and live high on the hog. I guess he knew the right places to hide it before he ran the family business into the ground!
How much they owe you bushpig? Just wondering.
sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#9 Mar 19, 2013
FYI wrote:
You're misinformed they did not declare bankruptcy, all assets were sold to pay off debt. The houses here, equipment, and two properties in South Carolina. Before you post get the facts
local

Latham, NY

#10 Mar 19, 2013
Are you sure about that?
sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#11 Mar 19, 2013
local wrote:
Are you sure about that?
Positive. If you filed a lien you were paid.
FYI

Crown Point, NY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
They sold everything and still owe 100 of thousands to everyone you can think of I would assume at some point they would have to file bankrupt. Maybe he should do the honest thing and put the money he is using to send the wife on vacation back were it can be used to pay back some of the people he owes! The wife preaches about god while he steals from hard working people!
sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#13 Mar 20, 2013
FYI wrote:
They sold everything and still owe 100 of thousands to everyone you can think of I would assume at some point they would have to file bankrupt. Maybe he should do the honest thing and put the money he is using to send the wife on vacation back were it can be used to pay back some of the people he owes! The wife preaches about god while he steals from hard working people!
Who does he owe??? His debts are settled he is running the business from South Carolina now and has never needed to claim bankruptcy. Isn't this topic about bankruptcy??? He never had to claim it he auctioned equipment and sold his real estate their are no more debts so move on.
FYI

Springfield, NJ

#14 Mar 20, 2013
He is running a business in South Carolina? You better check your facts. If everything got sold at auctions what is he running for a business?
Blowing smoke

Clifton Park, NY

#15 Mar 20, 2013
FYI wrote:
Yes, time and time again it's the preachy types that are up to no good!
sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#16 Mar 20, 2013
FYI wrote:
He is running a business in South Carolina? You better check your facts. If everything got sold at auctions what is he running for a business?
Are you that dense. If you've ever worked construction you'd know that most equipment used on site are rentals. And let's keep in mind his two brothers also are in the business and share equipment frequently. He has two current jobs in New York.
Notgood

Watertown, NY

#17 Mar 21, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that dense. If you've ever worked construction you'd know that most equipment used on site are rentals. And let's keep in mind his two brothers also are in the business and share equipment frequently. He has two current jobs in New York.
Ask his previous employees if he owes anyone any money!! Ask his previous employees if they are still owed Retirement Funds!!!!!!!!! Maybe you are the dense one.
sad

Ticonderoga, NY

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Notgood wrote:
<quoted text>Ask his previous employees if he owes anyone any money!! Ask his previous employees if they are still owed Retirement Funds!!!!!!!!! Maybe you are the dense one.
I've worked for his brother his uncle and him, I'm owed nothing. You're just trying to cause trouble.
Notgood

Watertown, NY

#19 Mar 21, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
I've worked for his brother his uncle and him, I'm owed nothing. You're just trying to cause trouble.
You are one of the lucky ones then. I am not trying to cause trouble only stating a true fact. Money that was suppose to be put into the retirement fund was not.......you must be related somehow, so instead of accusing someone of starting trouble, be honest and realize that some people are still owed money. It is a mute point now because it will never be seen, but not forgotten.
FYI

Crown Point, NY

#20 Mar 22, 2013
I agree I know other who are owed several thousand in retirement money that he was supposed to put in accounts and did not! And to the one who worked for him, the uncle, and brother? And now your jobless?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People abusing pills 7 hr Destiny Wood 3
ambulance abuse 7 hr Destiny Wood 59
Medicaid Taxi Cab Companies 8 hr Know it all 25
Take the Ti quiz (Aug '08) Mon Not Bernie 69
Watch this right now Mon OMG 3
Amandad Moses Mon Mindy 6
Samantha a Mon Paul s 50

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance