Good Parenting skills
Give Us Your Ideas

San Diego, CA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
I will start with one. Let's please keep this a positive thread.

As children learn by example, be a good example. A good work ethic is something that everyone needs.

Start by letting your child(ren) observe you collecting job applications, filling them out, making phone calls, writing a resume. Tell them about your job interviews. And then, when you get a job, let them celebrate with you!

There are many more details, and of course, there are some things that can't be done (or done easily) when you have small children in your care, but include your children as much as possible. Some day, they will thank you for what you shared and what they learned.

We can also discuss child care--very important! Anyone?
A Better Idea

Corinth, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Children should be seen, not heard.

It' the touchy-feelie stuff clowns like you advocate that has made today's youth self-absorbed, selfish juvenile delinquents.

50 years ago, children were instilled with work ethics, motivation, ans a strong desire to succeed.

All today's losers want to do is play Xbox all day long.

Thank you for making kids the losers they now are.
Give Us Your Ideas

San Diego, CA

#3 Feb 20, 2013
I certainly did not advocate for anything but demonstrating independence. Children learn by watching and being taught good and correct methods. This applies to just about everything.

There are NO video game devices in our house. We have very limited television channels--the basics. We are patrons of the library. We ALL work, here at home and elsewhere. We all do volunteer work. Our children have grown up watching their parents work, in other words. Just as I did. I watched my parents work, pay bills, help take care our elderly relativies and neighbors, as necessary, do lots of volunteer work--all in detail. I believe this is how one learns to survive on their own in this world.

So, that makes me a clown how exactly??
A Better Idea wrote:
Children should be seen, not heard.
It' the touchy-feelie stuff clowns like you advocate that has made today's youth self-absorbed, selfish juvenile delinquents.
50 years ago, children were instilled with work ethics, motivation, ans a strong desire to succeed.
All today's losers want to do is play Xbox all day long.
Thank you for making kids the losers they now are.
Child Care

Burlington, VT

#4 Feb 20, 2013
How about if we just ignore the idiot. There's always at least one who gets their kicks just being plain stupid.

Anyway, child care. Licensed! Unless I knew the daycare provider very, very well, I wouldn't use any daycare that isn't licensed by the state.

AND, they must be insured. A lot of people forget to ask about insurance. A good daycare provide will give you that information without you having to ask, but if they don't, ask. If they're not insured, move on. There is so much else to say, but find out about the qualifications of the provider: educational background, experience, former employment, background checks. Interview them like you would a prospective employee!

I'm sure that someone can add things that I've forgotten about child care!
What a load

Corinth, NY

#5 Feb 20, 2013
"I certainly did not advocate for anything but demonstrating independence. Children learn by watching and being taught good and correct methods. This applies to just about everything."

Oh, STOP !

Children 'learn' by DOING, not 'watching'!

Instead of having kids watch their parents on a job hunt, get their butts out to work themselves and let them help out their parents by buying their little brother's & sister's school clothes !

THAT, my dear...is TRULY learning 'responsibility'!

LOL....your kidding....'kids help out with their parent's job search', INDEED !

WOW.
Child Care

Burlington, VT

#6 Feb 20, 2013
Wow, an idiot who has to have the last word!
What a load wrote:
"I certainly did not advocate for anything but demonstrating independence. Children learn by watching and being taught good and correct methods. This applies to just about everything."
Oh, STOP !
Children 'learn' by DOING, not 'watching'!
Instead of having kids watch their parents on a job hunt, get their butts out to work themselves and let them help out their parents by buying their little brother's & sister's school clothes !
THAT, my dear...is TRULY learning 'responsibility'!
LOL....your kidding....'kids help out with their parent's job search', INDEED !
WOW.
Oh my

Crown Point, NY

#8 Feb 20, 2013
I am not perfect by any means but you "What a load" sound like a piece of trash. It didn't take long for u to show how to respect someone.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 22, 2013
You know how it is when the womens find you irresistable and they just want you for your body and knocking more kids out of them so they don't have to work. It's called a career in welfare.
What a huge load

Corinth, NY

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Child Care wrote:
Wow, an idiot who has to have the last word!
<quoted text>
If I wanted any sh|t outa you, ya fuggin' retard, I'd pick it out of your daughter's teeth.
dick bag

Moriah, NY

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Give Us Your Ideas wrote:
I will start with one. Let's please keep this a positive thread.
As children learn by example, be a good example. A good work ethic is something that everyone needs.
Start by letting your child(ren) observe you collecting job applications, filling them out, making phone calls, writing a resume. Tell them about your job interviews. And then, when you get a job, let them celebrate with you!
There are many more details, and of course, there are some things that can't be done (or done easily) when you have small children in your care, but include your children as much as possible. Some day, they will thank you for what you shared and what they learned.
We can also discuss child care--very important! Anyone?
lol what are you saying? people dont work around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wips 2 hr Real America 15
looking 3 hr SpareTyme 1
ice rink 5 hr Dont count on it 2
It'd be nice for ti 5 hr Hospital board an... 3
To fire &ems 8 hr Have you seen 27
Scum Mon honeybadgerOHNO 6
homosexuals (May '17) Mon honeybadgerOHNO 11

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance