Yes but

Englewood, CO

#22 Sep 18, 2008
I think someone mentioned that he has friends locally who financially backed up, not to mention politically.(A local judge?)
The question is, how do you fight that??
election wrote:
Next election, vote him out. He does hold an elected office, vote him out....
laws

Fairport, NY

#23 Sep 18, 2008
If the laws protect him,who protects us?what can we do?
Sunshine

Cobleskill, NY

#24 Sep 18, 2008
laws wrote:
If the laws protect him,who protects us?what can we do?
We should protect ourselves, obey the laws. Do not get into the hands of the law and you will not need to be his court. Why have all of you posters been in his court?
Pay attention

Reno, NV

#25 Sep 19, 2008
Can you do that thing call r-e-a-d? You back to your television IDIOT!!
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
We should protect ourselves, obey the laws. Do not get into the hands of the law and you will not need to be his court. Why have all of you posters been in his court?
laws

Malone, NY

#26 Sep 19, 2008
Pay Attention,it's about going to court to fight for childrens welfare,not to obey laws it's family court,IDIOT.
A point

Stoddard, NH

#27 Sep 19, 2008
Are you trying to make a point? Because if you are, it is very unclear!! Try again. Or let it go! The rest of us know what we discussing here.
laws wrote:
Pay Attention,it's about going to court to fight for childrens welfare,not to obey laws it's family court,IDIOT.
point

Malone, NY

#28 Sep 19, 2008
Are you trying to make a point? Because if you are, it is very unclear!! Try again. Or let it go! The rest of us know what we discussing here.
Whats your point?are you dealing with a Family Court judge?
honest man or monster

Malone, NY

#29 Sep 19, 2008
go back to the first post then read.
P Green

Reno, NV

#30 Sep 19, 2008
I think this topic is about whether or not this particular judge is corrupt. I believe that the dialogue began with a particular person's experience in family court.
I don't believe this thread has anything to do with breaking laws, criminal law, etc.
Most people whose marriages end in divorce will see a family court judge at one point or another, especially if there are children involved, or dispute over property, alimony, etc. It seems that folks were sharing what they had experienced in this judge's "family" court.
Does that help?
Bad Judge of Character

Plattsburgh, NY

#31 Sep 19, 2008
Sunshine, do your research, think before you type... This is family court and laws were not broken, but the people (innocent) involved are still being punished..
synical

Malone, NY

#32 Sep 19, 2008
He has more than police protection! He has political protection. He was the hand picked judge by the republican party. There's more to it than just friends on the force. You do, however, have recourse. Anyone can appeal to have their case recused from a judge. It can be sent to another county. HOWEVER!! It may be sent to a court who is in "bed" with this adminstration. If the judge refuses to recuse himeself, contact the 4th judicial district. I believe they are in Saranac Lake. I did this with a local judge. He refused to recuse. I contacted the 4th and then filed a complaint with the state. The judge was investigated and because he was "delving, dipping" into other things, he was removed. He can no longer run for public office. My charge alone did not remove him but because they acted on my charges, they were able to find the others.
Court Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure and simple "police protection". He is bought and paid for with political payoff's.
As an example, when I asked for people to come forward with specifics so that a particular town supervisor could use them to have him removed, the state police contacted me and indicated that Richard Meyers had requested that I be arrested for " assault" charges. When I offered to present myself for arrest as long as I could produce the documents I had to prove my complaints and then ask that he be charged with false arrest, I was told that I could forget about being arrested and about ever having the State Police act on my request that "he" be arrested for criminal filing of false documents!
As far as committee's on ethical behavior, believe it or not, after sending in 12 pages of specifics on my charges about Richard Meyer's and the Corrupt Judge from Platsburgh, I received a letter from them dropping their investigation because they had concluded that it was moot because the "judge was deceased"!!!! I wrote a letter to each commissioner and asked how they could sleep nights allowing such a fraud and none of them replied. He is still very much alive!
On a given day when I asked another judge to have Richard Meyer's charged and arrested by federal marshals for what I had provided incontrovertible proof for, I was told to go to the Westport trooper barracks and ask them to send the trooper who was the direct witness back to verify my claim. I walked in and asked politely. They drew the straps off their pistols and told me to leave or I would be in trouble.
Meyer's is not all powerful alone, he has state police protection!
synical

Malone, NY

#33 Sep 19, 2008
I think this is typical of the County's reaction to "court". It is all ABOUT THE MONEY!!!. Sure he's taking money for referring everybody to St. Joes. He was told to do this. I am a single mother. I was on welfare at one time. The father refused to accept paternity. Finally, they determinted he was the dad, the judge order him to pay $25.00 a MONTH!!!. The judge's (Halloran)response was we don't want to punish the father!!! No THEY DIDN't WANT TO PUNISH THE FATHER, THEY WANTED TO KEEP ME ON WELFARE. Let's just punish the innocent (child).
This county makes me SICK.
Bad Judge of Character wrote:
I am not sure what kind of backing he is getting from the State Police, but one thing I know for sure is he must be getting a cut from St Joes Rehab, he sends everyone there... And everyone that gets evaluated needs to continue with 175 sessions 2x a week... Even if they are clean! Been there done that...

“LIL' Birdie”

Since: Sep 08

hicktown,usa

#34 Sep 25, 2008
again wasnt this post abput how to stop a judge who you feel isnt protecting our children I have a son who lived with his drunken druggie thieving father and pretty much found every other reason to allow the child to stay there all so he had some kind o f financial help all with the help of the judge. We won our plea but it took many contempts of court, not returning the child with a court order it was an ordeal that we shouldnt have had to deal with if they only researched abit more i dont think it would be a n issue. these law guardians need to make unexpected home visits at night or in the early early am before school . And they need to check both parties homes not the parent that they think is the good parent. Cuz they tend to go with who has the child in custody at the moment. Lets not fight our local judge lets see how we can better protect our children/.
Court Observer

Louisville, TN

#35 Sep 25, 2008
i am who wrote:
again wasnt this post abput how to stop a judge who you feel isnt protecting our children I have a son who lived with his drunken druggie thieving father and pretty much found every other reason to allow the child to stay there all so he had some kind o f financial help all with the help of the judge. We won our plea but it took many contempts of court, not returning the child with a court order it was an ordeal that we shouldnt have had to deal with if they only researched abit more i don't think it would be a n issue. these law guardians need to make unexpected home visits at night or in the early early am before school . And they need to check both parties homes not the parent that they think is the good parent. Cuz they tend to go with who has the child in custody at the moment. Lets not fight our local judge lets see how we can better protect our children/.
Getting rid of a "bad" Judge is te best education the County can get. If Richard Meyer can ask his friend, the DA, to have me arrested for asking people to come forward to 'remove him from office', then clearly, I hit the nail on the head.
For the State Police to follow up only until asked to investigate documented proof of his and the DA's involvement, then the real problem is the protection he has and why! What does he have on the State Police?
It could be incidental or it could simply be that Essex County is considered too poor a county to afford judicial overview from Albany. Clearly, the troopers are being told to look the other way.
Let me restate in other words something I stated once before: I asked an administrative Law Judge to call federal Marshals to arrest Meyer's over incontrovertible evidence of criminal misdirection that I was holding in my hands to the Judge. She instructed me to go to the trooper barracks and invite the troopers who told me to my face that Meyer's had ordered them not to come to trial. They placed their hands on their gun belts, unsnapped them and warned that I had better leave or be in trouble. I can not state it any clearer. Meyer had redacted words from a legal document and presented the remainder as alleged proof of a crime by me. When I placed the true original directly over that document for the judge to see, it was clearly a document about someone else entirely. Meyer's was able to claim that it was against me because I simply had to be named by Law as the children's father. he should have gone straight to jail and rotted there. Instead, he foamed at the mouth and kicked and screamed as he left the chambers. he is as they say, a "little Hitler".
Ben There

Lake George, NY

#36 Sep 27, 2008
Hitler again?????Are you sure father it might be all PP fault
idk

Malone, NY

#37 Sep 29, 2008
I have been in court also fighting for what i think is right and feeling frusturated that the judge was not listening to evidence and refusing to read the evidence,but i also heard it's other judges now doing the same thing,even know it's wrong and it's a very scary experience and when evidence won't be listened to and court evaluations not being read ,your stuck in and out of court not understanding because your proved your cause but your cause is not listened to.
Court Observer

Louisville, TN

#38 Sep 29, 2008
idk wrote:
I have been in court also fighting for what i think is right and feeling frusturated that the judge was not listening to evidence and refusing to read the evidence,but i also heard it's other judges now doing the same thing,even know it's wrong and it's a very scary experience and when evidence won't be listened to and court evaluations not being read ,your stuck in and out of court not understanding because your proved your cause but your cause is not listened to.
After Judge Kevin Ryan acted on "advice" from Richard Meyer, who was then the County lawyer, he was informed by a Law Guardian and an attorney, both standing in front of him, that they had in their hands the incontrovertable proof from other officials that he had been fooled. His remark was , and I quote from the two mentioned above, " I can't change what I have done too fast or the system will fall apart".
It is the protection of the "system" at the cost of children that is the basis of why the Judges are acting as they are. Judge Ryan is a coward but Meyer is the monster behind it.
geez

Fairport, NY

#39 Sep 29, 2008
It's scary because its children who suffer
cutie

Cobleskill, NY

#40 Oct 7, 2008
I AGREE THAT JUDGE MAYER IS NOT FAIR.HE LETS SEX OFFENDER WALK.GIVES THEM ACHILD ENDANDERMENT CHARGE .THATS A BIG JOKE .WHEN I AND EVERYONE KNOWS TONY T.DID IT TO A LITTLE 9YEAR OLD.THE LORD WILLDO WHAT IS RIGHT .PRAY FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL ..SHE DID THERIGHT THING BY TELLING. AND THIS IS THE LAW.SOME LAW WE HAVE.KIDS ARE NOT SAFE HERE.THE LAW NEEDS TO CHANCE.FOR OUR CHILDREN.HELP OUR CHILDREN.
Court Observer

Louisville, TN

#41 Oct 7, 2008
The only safe thing to do with your children in Essex County until the DSS commissioner, the DA and Richard Meyer are removed or in jail where they belong, is to leave the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True Crime in the Adirondacks (Apr '08) 1 hr Patricia Baker-Cr... 69
how can we protect our children??????? 2 hr interested 1
Car Wash 4 hr Think Again 8
Ticonderoga Court and the DA 7 hr post 14
Ti hospital and HIPAA (Feb '14) Wed frosty 40
Dentists Feb 24 His staff 8
David Brown (Mar '11) Feb 24 Try this 16
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:08 pm PST