Need transportation/rental car

Need transportation/rental car

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

Since: Aug 13

Springfield, PA

#1 Aug 3, 2013
My husband and I would like to visit your town using the 2 for 1 special Amtrak is offering in early September. But when we get there, there is no way to get around. We can't just get off the train and camp at the station. It appears that there are no rental car places in town. Does anyone there have a suggestion? Thank you so much.
welcome

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Aug 3, 2013
closes to a car rental place would be middlebury, vt just a half hour away from here. you could take a local taxi over. prearrange for a pick up.
auto

Ticonderoga, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2013
I thought the Best Western had car rentals. I think their us a hertz rental sign in the parking lot
and

Ticonderoga, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2013
Best Western does have a rental vehicle for customers.
Enterprise or Hertz out of Rutland, Vermont will pick you up.(Most are closed on Sunday.)

Since: Aug 13

Springfield, PA

#5 Aug 3, 2013
Thank you all so much. I actually called the Best Western and they said they have no such thing even though the cab company said they did. I will have to try again on a weekday. Enterprise pick-up sounds great.
Enterprise

Mineville, NY

#6 Aug 3, 2013
Enterprise Rent A Car will pick you up. I've always dealt with the Glens Falls location but not open on Sundays.
Be sure to call in advance and reserve, it is an hour South of Ticonderoga.
Good luck and enjoy your stay :)
ysr

Crown Point, NY

#7 Aug 4, 2013
yes
Enterprise

Crown Point, NY

#8 Aug 4, 2013
Enterprise also has an office in Middlebury VT. They are only a half hour a way. Might be a better choice. If they took the ferry it is even closer.
Best W

Ticonderoga, NY

#9 Aug 5, 2013
I would ask to speak with Allison at the Best Western. It seems the person you spoke with was uniformed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trailer park brawl 8 hr Hmmmm 8
Lisa hunsdon 13 hr Piggie 58
Shawn Johndrow 23 hr Sam 16
Carla Peters 23 hr Brandon 43
School district Fraud Tue Vermont TRASH 16
Cody Tieriele Tue Theyll Never Learn 24
Rite Aide (Dec '16) Tue Since Bob 30

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance