"ti police blotter"
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nellie Belle

Schenectady, NY

#1 May 10, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice if 'Dave Downing' would come back to the 'Adirondack Guardian' and 'posted' the police blotters. You never see or hear anything in the papers, and now we don't have the radio station.

The 'scanner' is always going, but you only hear parts of the conversation, and never hear if the person got off or arrested.

What does everyone else think???

PS...

MAYBE...it could even be 'posted' on here, with the 'right information'!!!!
fact

Cobleskill, NY

#2 May 10, 2008
I miss the Adirondack Guardian too!
It would be cool to see it up again.
I believe it is public information.
Maybe someone could post it daily.
Or every few.
How do you get it? It would be easy enough to put up...if someone had it.
Tornado Alley

Arkansas City, KS

#3 May 10, 2008
fact wrote:
I miss the Adirondack Guardian too!
It would be cool to see it up again.
I believe it is public information.
Maybe someone could post it daily.
Or every few.
How do you get it? It would be easy enough to put up...if someone had it.
you can get it here..

wwwbusybodydotcom

or

wwwgossiphounddotgov

:)
fact

Cobleskill, NY

#4 May 10, 2008
I'm not a busy body, nor gossip hound. I like to be informed about the facts of what goes on in my community. Or I could keep coming here to get the wrong news.
Some of the things happening around here even pertain to public safty etc.
But never mind. I can always believe that the people bashing each other on here are right in their accusations, and save my time with the truth.
hundreds of papers are sold daily for the truth factor, just be nice to read it on here rather then run 6 miles to a store everyday.
Cruisergirl

Humble, TX

#5 May 11, 2008
Police blotters are a matter of public record. Anyone should be able to go to the Ti PD and ask to see the police logs.
meeeee

Albany, NY

#6 May 13, 2008
I think that it is a terrible idea. I dont think that everyone in the town of Ti should know what the CRIMINALS are doing. Come to this site and u already know about it. I think that it is a right of PRIVACY!!!!! Why should people in Ti hvae to know what is going on in my LIFE!!
river girl

Albany, NY

#7 May 15, 2008
I too feel there should be an accounting of all police and court proceedings just to keep the public informed. It would be ever so nice if the PRESS would do that for southern Essex County like they do for Franklin and Clinton.

Had the need to know how and where to contact someone for legal purposes. Eventually found they had been sentenced to serve time in NYS Dept. of Corrections. Only then were we able to track his whareabouts. Had the information been in local print, time, energy and effort would not have been wasted. It is our right to know!
Cobalticus

Warrensburg, NY

#8 May 15, 2008
meeeee wrote:
I think that it is a terrible idea. I dont think that everyone in the town of Ti should know what the CRIMINALS are doing. Come to this site and u already know about it. I think that it is a right of PRIVACY!!!!! Why should people in Ti hvae to know what is going on in my LIFE!!
having access to the police blotter is not so much knowing what so-called criminals (not everyone that gets a citation is a criminal) are doing, but what the police are doing during their shift. At several jobs I have worked at, we kept shift logs that were admissible in court due to their nature...
Blatently Obvious

Glens Falls, NY

#9 May 16, 2008
Would you take the same "Right of Privacy" line when dealing with a Sex Offender trying to get a job with or near a school district?
meeeee wrote:
Blatently Obvious

Glens Falls, NY

#10 May 16, 2008
Secondly, there is no right to privacy. There are IMPLIED rights to personal privacy outlined in Constitution, but at no time did the framers write a right to privacy.
Frank Rizzo

Largo, FL

#11 Nov 15, 2010
meeeee wrote:
GET REAL! YOU LIVE IN TI. YOU CANT FART WITHOUT SOMEONE TELLING EVERYONE WHAT YOU ATE FOR DINNER. AS FOR RIGHT TO PRIVACY.....DON'T BREAK THE LAW AND YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY YOU WANT. IF YOU DON'T WANT EVERYONE KNOWING YOUR BUSINESS LEAVE TICONDEROGA. THE LACK OF THINGS TO DO CAUSES GOSSIP TO BE THE NUMBER ONE PAST TIME THERE.
mylifesucks

Queensbury, NY

#12 Nov 15, 2010
I think theTiconderoga police blotter is a joke and everyone online knows who got arrested and thats how fights start and how drama starts and the ticonderoga police department s such a joke.
famous name

Cobleskill, NY

#13 Nov 17, 2010
the police have been using cell phones more and more now, so that information is kept private.
scanners

Schoharie, NY

#14 Nov 17, 2010
famous name wrote:
the police have been using cell phones more and more now, so that information is kept private.
And they should!! Too many nosey people on these scanners; just waiting for a transmission about someone to run to TOPIX with.
mylifesucks

Queensbury, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2010
aggreed
maybe not

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2010
scanners wrote:
<quoted text>
And they should!! Too many nosey people on these scanners; just waiting for a transmission about someone to run to TOPIX with.
If that is the case, why is the tax payer asked to buy them radios? Are we buying cell phones too? No wonder the pd costs so damn much... Time for the people to decide. Time for a referrendum.
why

Bolton Landing, NY

#17 Nov 21, 2010
I want to know why there are so many calls to Champlain Ave for under age drinking parties and poof everybody is gone hmmm....sounds very very fishy to me
Alice

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Nov 21, 2010
why wrote:
I want to know why there are so many calls to Champlain Ave for under age drinking parties and poof everybody is gone hmmm....sounds very very fishy to me
That is a good point... Someday someone's son or daughter is going to get into a serious whreck that will cause a life and or their own !
why

Bolton Landing, NY

#19 Nov 22, 2010
I would just like to know how many calls were made about that address...and why are'nt the adults being questioned,do we really want to stop this or do we want to look on paper that we do?
WRONG

Middlebury, VT

#20 Nov 22, 2010
I think the "framers" lived in a time when people had and cherished a thing called personal integrity. If they had only known how 'low rent' Americans would turn out to be...

P.S. Many a court has made judgments (decisions/definitions) on privacy rights.
Blatently Obvious wrote:
Secondly, there is no right to privacy. There are IMPLIED rights to personal privacy outlined in Constitution, but at no time did the framers write a right to privacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
February 24 2018 8 hr How you can help 9
Old haps market crown point 10 hr Interested 4
Police/Town Board 11 hr Watcher 41
Bimbo Tue Curious 9
What is going on in Veterans Road? Tue yup 4
hiring process at international paper (Dec '16) Tue Possibly a new hire 21
ssri Tue Make America First 9

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance