Meat

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Why is two brothers meat market temp closed?
Sadly

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

R.I.P. to Two Brothers
yup

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Meat wrote:
Why is two brothers meat market temp closed?
They should have paid attention to business !!!!!
mom

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Are you serious????? I was headed there after work. Are they re-opening do you know??
meat 4 u

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

I think when they just mad 1 type of bread for their sandwiches they ticked off their clientel. What a shame. Beautiful business and quality too.
ex customer

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Larry, Curly and Moe AKA (Joe, Gary and Fred) were to busy skimming off the top to buy there many scratch offs or out front smoking!!! Business has been on the decline for the past 2 years. It's to bad, cause this town need a meat market.
Marion Hodges

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

I thought it was the only place around to buy boneless hamburg.
Folks in Arkansas that grind meat for Wamart, say they have seen horsemeat and mule meat mixed in.
Meat

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

So the business is done for.. Is what ur saying...
customer

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Went there today and could not believe they were closed. Sign in the window states they are selling equipment. Not a good sign !
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Great news. Now I can eat Walmart steaks ** puke**. Seriously I won't be eating that but I am sad to see them go. Good people. Reasonable prices. Would rather hand my money over to them than a large chain store.
Happy Day 1

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

That is really sad. I was talking to a friend today and they also saw a sign in the window, selling equipment. Too bad, they had really good meats. I especially liked their 'roast beef', better than Walmart. I have noticed a decline in customers for quite a while now.

Sorry to see them leave, not only that, but another VACANT STORE DOWNTOWN!!!!

Maybe when they moved their business downtown , the rent was too high for what they were making (money wise)...
Food

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Haps in Crown Point has excellent meat. Hand cut Steaks, fresh ground beef, seafood and prices are fair. Sad about Two Brothers. Wish them well, good guys. It is very hard to run a small business in this area. I will miss them.
Riches

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Maybe one of the brothers hit the lottery bigtime!?
face it

Crown Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Food wrote:
Haps in Crown Point has excellent meat. Hand cut Steaks, fresh ground beef, seafood and prices are fair. Sad about Two Brothers. Wish them well, good guys. It is very hard to run a small business in this area. I will miss them.
Run a business?..sure, ran it straight into ground. 1. did not stick to original plan/offer fresh veggies from local growers for one stop shopping 2. stopped making subs for locals 3.no fresh baked bread 4.ATITTUDES, especially 1 of them!! 5. close deli down/too early 5. stopped grinding beef,bought it from supplier instead 6. Lack of business interest,everything else more important( smoking, skirt chasing, etc) lost focus on customers. I hate to see them go, look out HAPS..going to get real busy!!
gramma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Happy Day 1 wrote:
That is really sad. I was talking to a friend today and they also saw a sign in the window, selling equipment. Too bad, they had really good meats. I especially liked their 'roast beef', better than Walmart. I have noticed a decline in customers for quite a while now.
Sorry to see them leave, not only that, but another VACANT STORE DOWNTOWN!!!!
Maybe when they moved their business downtown , the rent was too high for what they were making (money wise)...
Looks like those of us who care about what we put in our family's body will have to go out of town to shop. I am not opposed to Middlebury, 2 groceries and a natural food store to shop, and the meat market. Much better choices. Since WalMart has "redone" the store there is less and less on the shelves. Truthfuly, I use it as a store for can goods and other packaged foods that they sometimes carry. Can't get too used to buying one thing, it may never be seen again. Produce is never good.
momma

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

gramma wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like those of us who care about what we put in our family's body will have to go out of town to shop. I am not opposed to Middlebury, 2 groceries and a natural food store to shop, and the meat market. Much better choices. Since WalMart has "redone" the store there is less and less on the shelves. Truthfuly, I use it as a store for can goods and other packaged foods that they sometimes carry. Can't get too used to buying one thing, it may never be seen again. Produce is never good.
Exactly I'm so disappointed I bought all of my families meat there, ordered my holiday turkey and prime rib. I loved the convenience and supporting a local family business. In the summer it was great to pick up Mr Drinkwines vegetables and I picked up some of Libby's bread from there as well. The building was beautiful and I will miss it greatly.
We need a FRESH MARKET

Bolton Landing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

or a WHOLE FOODS brand store. Sorry the brother's went out of business, I went there on occasion, but it's true it seemed like providing good product and service were not part of the business plan. My dad had a shop like that, and it felt like it was run a lot better by emphasizing being fast and making awesome sandwiches. His meat department offered a rotating variety, as well as the staples.

Sign of the times, or sign of Ti? I don't know.
Meat

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Look out green mountain in Whitehall!!!
hahahahahahaha

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Most of the residents don't deserve decent meat and other foods anyway.go shop at Walmart.this town sucks.can't even keep most businesses going.u think any kind of name brand store really would want to open up here.why???. Fence this town off and keep the crap in...u welfare druggie alcoholic pieces of trash.
idiots like you

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

have you ever ruan a business? You sound like and ignorant person. SHUT UP. You have no clue ASSSSSSS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Ticonderoga Forum right now

Search the Ticonderoga Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
full time mommy :-) 41 min topic 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 54 min positronium 6,193
Walmart closure 4 hr Guessing 23
Michelle at mill 10 hr wondering 1
grinnell 12 hr Retired mill worker 26
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 22 hr positronium 6,290
2 BED RM rental Fri Blue Eyes 58 7
•••

Flood Warning for Essex County was issued at April 20 at 10:45AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga People Search