Maplefields Gas Price
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gasbuzzer

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Jan 29, 2014
I thought Maplefields was "supposed" to provide the TI area with chain store prices!! What's going on.... joining the Ti Gas Gouger Club!!!!

No wonder the pumps are empty these days-- I filled up in VT today-- also 3.30!! I ;'d prefer to give my own town business but... I'm not a fool to get ripped off...
just saying

Memphis, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2014
its nys that controls the gas prices in this pos state this state f$$king sucks get out while u can!!
gasbuzzer

Tampa, FL

#6 Feb 3, 2014
When they first opened they were at par with Maplefields in Vermont... how come then and not now? It is not NYS taxes here--- its greed in someone's pocket book--

The gas stations in the town of Ti all profit BIG time off the people of Ti.... very sad.
wow

Ticonderoga, NY

#7 Feb 3, 2014
Lmao gas stations make NO profit off gas, but I forgot all you people know everything.I would be absolutely shocked if one day someone actually posted something truthful on this site.The only think topix is good for is running every business in town down, slandering people and spreading lies, if you don't like a business don't go there!
kidding

Montpelier, VT

#8 Feb 3, 2014
wow wrote:
Lmao gas stations make NO profit off gas, but I forgot all you people know everything.I would be absolutely shocked if one day someone actually posted something truthful on this site.The only think topix is good for is running every business in town down, slandering people and spreading lies, if you don't like a business don't go there!
In Ti they DO make profit....

Tell me why Maplefields gas was the same as in Vermont the first few weeks they were open... and forced the other stations to lower their prices as well? Why not now? Because of the Ti Gas owners club... its all about profit!!!
Local

United States

#9 Feb 3, 2014
News for you... The reason Maplefields gas was so cheap to start, was to build a "fan base". I know for a fact that every station that followed them, including Maplefields themselves, in their gas war took a HUGE hit when they lowered their prices. The convenience stores in this town only make penny's per gallon on their gasoline. The only reason any of them even have gas pumps is to draw customers. That being aid, you can thank this fine state and their obsessive over taxing of it's residents...
dumd and dumber

Southbridge, MA

#10 Feb 6, 2014
Gas prices are high all over the state. Do you get embarrassed about how stupid you are? Check the prices in Canada also. Maplefields don't set prices, the commodities market and taxes do. You really must be a moron to make statements like that. If you think about it, it's dumb people like you that cause our taxes to be high.
nerds

Mesquite, NV

#12 Feb 6, 2014
Average gas price in NY state is 3.40 , in VT 3.30.. So why is Maplefields choosing to join the Ti Gas Price Hikers Group....? Come on Maplefields! Do the service to the people of Ti that we thought you were going to do!! Keep our gas prices at par with the rest of the state!!!

oh and "dumd" and dumber.... i think you should go back to school.. you need it..;-P
suggestion

Ticonderoga, NY

#14 Feb 8, 2014
If you don't like the gas prices locally, don't buy gas locally.
Local

United States

#15 Feb 8, 2014
dumd and dumber wrote:
Gas prices are high all over the state. Do you get embarrassed about how stupid you are? Check the prices in Canada also. Maplefields don't set prices, the commodities market and taxes do. You really must be a moron to make statements like that. If you think about it, it's dumb people like you that cause our taxes to be high.
Think again! Gas prices in NYS, as well as liquor, are higher in as NYS because of the taxes that are imposed at the state level. That is why people cross over into states such as Vermont and Hew Hampshire to purchase these things. They simply do not have state level taxes that as high as ours. Transportation costs also play a part in it. The further a truck or rail car has to travel, the more it costs. These extra costs are also passed on to the consumer. If you do some research, you will find that NYS is at or near the top in % of taxes in this country...
Nope

Ticonderoga, NY

#16 Feb 9, 2014
Have not and will not step in the front door. Manager was very rude.
Marvin Peabody

Endicott, NY

#17 Feb 14, 2014
Taxes have to be higher in NY to pay for the career welfare recipients. "I'm black and can't find a job." That's because you can't read or write and you steal anything that isn't nailed down.
Town Cryer

Albany, NY

#18 Feb 14, 2014
nerds wrote:
Average gas price in NY state is 3.40 , in VT 3.30.. So why is Maplefields choosing to join the Ti Gas Price Hikers Group....? Come on Maplefields! Do the service to the people of Ti that we thought you were going to do!! Keep our gas prices at par with the rest of the state!!!
oh and "dumd" and dumber.... i think you should go back to school.. you need it..;-P
The rest of the State of NY and VT???? Ticonderoga is 18 miles off the beaten path from I-87 and 30 miles from Rte 4. You apparently don't expect the cost of delivery to such a remote place? Why do you think the cost of gas in Hawaii or Catalina Island are so astronomical for that matter?
Price

South Burlington, VT

#19 Feb 16, 2014
Is calculated on the market price daily. Buy local! Like Jay's. The only school board member we've had in recent history with a brain! I think his business deserves our support.
localonlyif

South Burlington, VT

#20 Feb 17, 2014
Price wrote:
Is calculated on the market price daily. Buy local! Like Jay's. The only school board member we've had in recent history with a brain! I think his business deserves our support.
I will buy local if it is the best price in the area. I value every penny I earn and spend it wisely. Most thought that Maplefields would bring with it the chain price for gas. Apparently this is not the case. They will see my gas tank again if their price is lower than what I drive by..

The same goes for food. Why should I buy local when I can get the same or better product for less than 1/2?
prices

Tampa, FL

#21 Mar 24, 2014
Cannot understand why the gas prices in Ti remain higher than neighboring towns... Who's pocketing the $$?

I also notice that the pumps are pretty empty in town these days as well.. People are taking their business elsewhere and for good reason.

Lower your dam prices Ti gas stations and stop gouging the people of Ti!!
We'd love to keep our business local but not at your prices!!
lowerthings

Montpelier, VT

#22 Mar 24, 2014
Gas prices should be a lot lower than they are-- Thought Maplefields "chain" would have given this to us!!

What benefit are they giving the town?
pricegouger

Tampa, FL

#23 Apr 23, 2014
price gouger-- 3.87! you must be kidding.! stop stealing from the folks in Ti!

nearby prices are 10 cents lower.
curious

Ticonderoga, NY

#24 Apr 24, 2014
Their open 24 hours if you need gas in the middle of the night
Snowman

Newfield, NY

#25 Apr 27, 2014
Prices wrote:
So... now that things have settled-- Maplefields has joined the Ti Gas Price Gouging Group!
All other Maplefields gas prices are 3.30..... what's the deal buds!!!
Lower your price to what it should be and stop profiting all the people of Ticonderoga!!!!!!
For our trucks fuel tax in N.Y. Is .40 cents gal,Vt. 29 cents gal. N.Y. state charges .027 cents mile using their roads $1100 lic.plates,$900.overweight permits ave to carry over 1million in liability ins. Average truck gets 3 to 5 mpg ,mostly the state benefits

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slumlords in Ticonderoga 4 hr Owner 10
Medicaid Taxi's in Ticonderoga 4 hr Owner 20
Pam Carr (Nov '10) 5 hr Vicki 17
Working for police 5 hr A friend 24
Dentists 14 hr Elderly 4
Abercrombie Street Drama?! 14 hr concerned4relatives 1
apt buildings across from post office 15 hr Trash policing T... 75
More from around the web

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE