First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hummmmmm

Ticonderoga, NY

#23 Apr 6, 2013
well, you don't hear Stewarts complaining on the residents "pay-days" when they spend all their money either at Stewarts or the gas stations down the street, their monies are as good as yours and if they did have families, then maybe the families should help MM residents out. Furthermore, these Residents have issues or they would not be at MM, I also feel fro what I have read (wtchdog66) that you might show a little discrimination at times.

Since: Mar 13

Ticonderoga, NY

#24 Apr 7, 2013
im not discriminating at all...I feel for these residents and fear for their safety....especially with summer coming and the town is full of tourist...and yes your correct these residents for the most part do have "issues" your 100% right and Im just leery of them getting hurt or perhaps hurting "not intentionally" someone else....I was told stewarts did complain....im shocked that this issue hasn't been addressed before....I just think its necessary to find away these residents can safely patronize a store without infringing on their freedom or that of other customers SAFELY....they get what they need with their money and leave....no loitering..no begging...come and go like regular customers....im just concerned they are all over town unsupervised....the other local agencies that care for people with"issues" are supervised....their are animals that bully people like the residents....
snitches

Ticonderoga, NY

#25 Apr 7, 2013
residents of MM are adults and MM is not a nursing home. MM is a adult residual care facility which residents have rights. they are able to leave the facility as long as someone there knows they left.
the only way to stop a resident from not going somewhere is for that place to call the police and make a complaint. This complaint must be done with each resident seperatly. Allot of the times they go to stewarts or gas station is to get a cup of coffee, or other things they don't have at home. you will see some residents begging for smokes due to being put on a limit for one reason or another (doctors orders or money) Cigs are very costly now and residents mostly have SSDI, SSI or other govn't assistance.

Ticonderoga, NY

#26 Apr 8, 2013
Snitches.....I debate nothing that you said and If you read my previous post....you will see that I said exactly what you just stated. Im aware m.m is not a prison and the residents have rights...but so does the public....and the activity of begging and loitering are against the law....but im not looking to have these people arrested or anything like that...im just concerned for the safety issue...of BOTH THE RESIDENT AND THE PULIC..perhaps this is a topic better looked into by the town fathers and acted upon...
Dumb

Ticonderoga, NY

#27 Apr 11, 2013
Actually in your comment you said "check your facts because i have". Not sure if you know what a fact is but, it's something that is true and not really anything that you have written is so if you want i can be the dumb one but you are the one who should probably recheck you're facts because all they are is lies.
snitches

Ticonderoga, NY

#28 Apr 14, 2013
its the rights of the residents. if you feel that they should not be out in public then please contact Mr Kane the owner of the adult home.

Ticonderoga, NY

#29 Apr 14, 2013
you sound offended "dumb"and no snitch I certainly NEVER EVER EVER SAID THE RESIDENTS SHOULD NOT BE OUT IN PUBLIC....but I am aware that a lot of the employees monitor this site and of course pump it up with great stuff about M.M....i said I was concerned for their safety...as well as the public...that In no way states lock these people up...and these people have rights....for which I am not infringing upon ...but who is responsible ultimately for their safety ?regardless of anything said on this site ...m m has always had a bad reputation and it is the same place now just different problems...
Paleassaeee

AOL

#30 Apr 16, 2013
snitches wrote:
its the rights of the residents. if you feel that they should not be out in public then please contact Mr Kane the owner of the adult home.
Call Kane.. He won't do a damn thing. The only thing that man cares about is the money he makes off these people. That place started out pretty good with the new boss... Not so much any more.
Quiet Pete

Ticonderoga, NY

#31 Apr 17, 2013
It needs new management. This one is no good. What experience does she have?
Spike

Hudson, NY

#33 Apr 28, 2013
Montcalm Manor is a perfect hybrid of three fictional settings;
Peyton Place, General Hospital, and Arkham Asylum for the Insane.
get a clue44

Darien, CT

#34 Jun 18, 2013
I heard they just fired the administration again. As of today

Ticonderoga, NY

#36 Jun 27, 2013
Karma has made its way around......hopefully they find someone to run that place that has supervisory experience and not so concerned with gossip..he said/she said and cares for the residents....mr kane its about time you got your head out of your ass.....now do the right thing hire an adult....with experience....
Adirondaker

Ticonderoga, NY

#37 Jul 10, 2013
What is going on there? another change in administration ? They are understaffed, overworked and now more new faces. I feel for the people who live there, they have no one to depend on. Who is in charge of taking care of these people. These people have special needs and no one to go to. Pretty sad situation, I hope something changes soon.
ace

Troy, NY

#38 Jul 11, 2013
Adirondaker wrote:
What is going on there? another change in administration ? They are understaffed, overworked and now more new faces. I feel for the people who live there, they have no one to depend on. Who is in charge of taking care of these people. These people have special needs and no one to go to. Pretty sad situation, I hope something changes soon.
I heard that theones they hired are very qualified
GoodGirl

Ticonderoga, NY

#39 Jul 11, 2013
Are you kidding me They are qualified ????? Let's see if they can stop the abuse. I'd like to think that they can. Good Luck.
I Think Not

AOL

#40 Jul 13, 2013
GoodGirl wrote:
Are you kidding me They are qualified ????? Let's see if they can stop the abuse. I'd like to think that they can. Good Luck.

If you're so concerned about alledged abuse- why dont you make a call?! 1/2 of those residents belong in a psych ward. I know- I used to work there. FYI: I was/am very qualified. Unless you know what you're speaking of for certain, then you should probably just STFU! You have no idea what it takes to work in a place such as this. Kane (the owner of all the facilities) should be disgusted with himself! All he cares about is filling beds and getting gov't funded money. He DOES NOT care about the people or his staff. He allows drug addicts, drunks and proven criminals to be on staff. I worked there long enough to see that staff was abused by out of control residents, not residents being abused by staff.
snitches

Ticonderoga, NY

#41 Jul 13, 2013
this is there home, stop making it seem like they should not be there. no they are not normal like you and me that is why they are in ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY. there is no more state asylums.

spend time volunteering there. the residents would love it. sitting with them, playing games (cards or bingo), bring them sweets (sugar free), make a cake and bring it over have a party with them. watch a movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who wants to join the jihad 2 hr American 8
Wondering 6 hr Town facts 5
To fire &ems 14 hr Ride the wave 19
Sheilana L 19 hr Kids become Adults 9
KristinaNolan 22 hr Lol 7
house on lord howe again Wed Goingdowninflames 5
dont buy that TRASHY rav 4 from j burroughs online Tue rip off beware 11

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance