First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Information only

Ballston Spa, NY

#1 Jun 3, 2012
I know that Montcalm Manor has been a "Topix" of discussion, but I would like to to say that the new Administrator, and the staff of "caring" people have made a real difference, stop in and see for yourselfs!
y yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Cobleskill, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2012
the smell is horrible
Information only

Ballston Spa, NY

#3 Jun 3, 2012
y yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:
the smell is horrible
You haven't been in to "smell" in a very long time have you?
Spike

Ballston Spa, NY

#4 Jun 4, 2012
Stopped in there months ago to drop something off for a staff member and was impressed by how that place has improved. NO smell, neat common area with large flat-screen tv and everyone busy doing their jobs. I'm not ready to take up residence yet, but there are worse places you could end up.
New Regime

AOL

#5 Jun 4, 2012
Rome wasn't built in a day...
The old administrator ran that place into the ground & then some. All she cared about was filling beds to get the money. She didn't care about the residents and their well-being.
Personally, I think the 'new regime' has made many improvements inside and out in such a short period of time. Hope to see more in the future. Kudos to you & the staff.
I'd also enjoy reading in the paper one morning that the old administrator has been punished legally for the things she did.
wondering

United States

#6 Jun 4, 2012
who was the old administrator??
twisted

North Adams, MA

#7 Jun 4, 2012
From what I hear she was not a very nice person. I hear that the new administration really cares about the home and she treats everyone very well. This is a nice change for the people of Ti. Keep up the good work.
hmmm

Cobleskill, NY

#8 Jun 4, 2012
was not only the administrator but the head cook that was there. she was a problem in a half.
mother of 2

Bolton Landing, NY

#10 Jun 4, 2012
only more good things to come
New Regime

AOL

#11 Jun 5, 2012
hmmm wrote:
was not only the administrator but the head cook that was there. she was a problem in a half.
They got rid of her too and weeded out some other non-desirables.
dont want to know

Bronx, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2012
What a rotten excuse for a human being or maybe I shouldn't call her a human being. She's evil to everyone, especially family and she will shit on u if u were the nicest person in the world. Better off without her!
agreed

Rutland, VT

#14 Jun 18, 2012
dont want to know wrote:
What a rotten excuse for a human being or maybe I shouldn't call her a human being. She's evil to everyone, especially family and she will shit on u if u were the nicest person in the world. Better off without her!
I couldn't agree with you more.......as another local business person, she screwed me too
Sunflower

North Adams, MA

#15 Jun 19, 2012
The place has really come along way. It looks like the new people really care. Nice change.
YES

Howes Cave, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2012
Best thing I've read on this site EVER !!! I hope SHE gets what she has given to so many PEOPLE ... Dreams do come TRUE ...

Since: Mar 13

Ticonderoga, NY

#17 Apr 5, 2013
I have a family member at Montcalm Manor and familiar with the other residents there ...I saw a resident at the Gas station begging customer for cigs,money,aride....I called Montcalm Manor to let them know and ..I was told the store owner needs to call them and ban them from the property..and I could call the police if im that bothered...call the police seriously...mY CONCERN LIES WITH THE SAFETY OF THE RESIDENT...and pan handling and accosting customers can become annoying to the customer or an out of towner who doesn't know that they are "disabled" and they feel threatened and may hurt the resident....SAFETY of the residents should be a priority and as someone who has been in Montacalm Manor for all the staff changes ...I will say Montcalm Manor lives up to its nasty reputation....and no this new admin..is the absolute worst... For as long as I have been visiting there I have never seen the head boss at the manor ever...They go threw staff like water ...residents suffer for this..I know my next contact will be ALBANY its obvious no one cares at Moncalm Manor...
Nurse

Ticonderoga, NY

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Wow that's horrible. I think the adminstrafor is to immature for that position.
Nurse2

Ticonderoga, NY

#19 Apr 5, 2013
Silly Silly watch dog, you do not have a family member @ MM. Those residents rarely get visits from family. Stop lying. If you have concerns with your so called family member please call anyone of the administration team and make an appointment to discuss your concerns. We really do care.

Ticonderoga, NY

#20 Apr 6, 2013
silly silly nurse 2....you are wrong and yes I did have a family member resident there....and for your information ..I don't need to lie...guess I struck a nerve....don't try and cover-up now.....I didn't even mention that I was also told in this conversation that stewarts had banned m.m residents from there because of harassing customers.....so if you think what I said isn't true you better check your facts because I have..but everyone in town sees this and knows what I am saying is a fact..so please nurse2....if you care so much then fix it..because my call there certainly didn't but I got your attention now....
Dumb

Ticonderoga, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2013
watchdog66 wrote:
silly silly nurse 2....you are wrong and yes I did have a family member resident there....and for your information ..I don't need to lie...guess I struck a nerve....don't try and cover-up now.....I didn't even mention that I was also told in this conversation that stewarts had banned m.m residents from there because of harassing customers.....so if you think what I said isn't true you better check your facts because I have..but everyone in town sees this and knows what I am saying is a fact..so please nurse2....if you care so much then fix it..because my call there certainly didn't but I got your attention now....
I hate to tell you but i go to stewarts everyday and there are plenty of mm residents that are in there EVERYDAY so you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Take your dumb useless lies somewhere else.

Ticonderoga, NY

#22 Apr 6, 2013
DUMB ....suits you....because im only relaying what was told to me on the phone when I called M.M...if this is not true then only another lie they said to cover themselves from accountability of the safety of the residents and the public...but I go to stewarts and check with jeff and confirm this....but again you have stated what I initially said everyone in town that frequents any of the local business's on Montcalm street has seen these residents sitting outside of business's asking for money and cigarettes ,rides....but your right I have seen a male resident outside of stewarts on numerous occasions begging, although not recently.
Someone from out of town might be spooked by him as he does appear kinda creepy .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ti Inn ans Burleigh House (Feb '09) 50 min peggy 20
TOPIX for Ticonderoga 4 hr Ask Laurie 5
True Crime in the Adirondacks (Apr '08) 4 hr Nothing has changed 72
how can we protect our children??????? 6 hr post 4
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) 8 hr loving arms 28
Car Wash 21 hr businessowner 13
Ticonderogas. Drug Problem Sat A Hero Rising 47
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web