In the know

Ticonderoga, NY

#1 Apr 13, 2013
The rumors are true...tread ways will soon be maplefields.
cows

United States

#2 Apr 14, 2013
Will they be building a new store, like the ones in VT? What gas company will it be. We all need to remind ourselves that we should be buying from an American owned gas company. I for one, will be still going to Jays, have to support the local businesses in town, all businesses,, or there will be none.
Not sure

Ticonderoga, NY

#3 Apr 14, 2013
I saw the signs on thier gas pumps the other day. They are definitty becoming maple fields.
Ok then

Crown Point, NY

#4 Apr 14, 2013
I thought maplefields was a new england based store.
Either or

Ticonderoga, NY

#5 Apr 14, 2013
I don't know but they are coming. Signs are up
Huh

San Diego, CA

#6 Apr 14, 2013
No gasoline is "American" because first it is oil...which comes from everywhere but here. Which is why we need, more than anything, alternative sources of energy. But anyway...
cows wrote:
Will they be building a new store, like the ones in VT? What gas company will it be. We all need to remind ourselves that we should be buying from an American owned gas company. I for one, will be still going to Jays, have to support the local businesses in town, all businesses,, or there will be none.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 14, 2013
AWESOME COFFEE!!!!!

Can't wait!!!
Sad 1

Chestertown, NY

#8 Apr 14, 2013
Is this place going to be a 'convenient' store where you can buy soda, candy, beer, etc...?
Never heard of Maplefields, even in Vt?

Whenever I am in Ti and need gas, I usually go to Jay's, as when I used to live in ti, he and his staff was very good to me ( fixing my van, etc)..
right

Mineville, NY

#10 Apr 15, 2013
Sad 1 wrote:
Is this place going to be a 'convenient' store where you can buy soda, candy, beer, etc...?
Never heard of Maplefields, even in Vt?
Whenever I am in Ti and need gas, I usually go to Jay's, as when I used to live in ti, he and his staff was very good to me ( fixing my van, etc)..
very good people.
Too Bad

Ticonderoga, NY

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Sad to see a good service station leave. Maplefields is strictly a gas and convenient store. They have a few in Plattsburgh and Glennfalls too.
Not so great

San Diego, CA

#12 Apr 16, 2013
The "service" was not so great, IMHO. In general, the place won't be missed by us. Just way too much drama with that owner. Too bad Gallo didn't find a better buyer.
wonder

Ticonderoga, NY

#13 Apr 16, 2013
how long will it take the people here to bash the new owner? 1 week? 1 month? 1 day? Really, does anyone on this site like anyone other then themselves? Geesh.....
"Too bad Gallo didn't find a better buyer"
Ok then

Crown Point, NY

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Does Maplefields have soft ice cream I know some of the convenience stores do in VT?
Watchdog

Troy, NY

#16 Apr 17, 2013
Not so great wrote:
The "service" was not so great, IMHO. In general, the place won't be missed by us. Just way too much drama with that owner. Too bad Gallo didn't find a better buyer.
Did you truly know Tom Gallo? Stop bashing the Treadways and btw........your statement reeks jealousy of other's success. Move on!
cant wait

Manchester, CT

#18 Apr 17, 2013
I wish one would open in port henry. .sick and tired of stewarts..that place is still going downhill
Not so great

San Diego, CA

#19 Apr 17, 2013
Yes, I did know Tom Gallo. We knew him quite well.

I was not bashing. I was just giving my opinion of the "service" part of the business. Everyone has a choice as to where they have their car serviced. We tried Treadway's, and things didn't turn out so well. That's all.

No, no jealousy. Just our personal opinion and observations. No need to be paranoid and sooo angry!
Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you truly know Tom Gallo? Stop bashing the Treadways and btw........your statement reeks jealousy of other's success. Move on!
Mrs Cross

Saint Albans, VT

#20 Apr 17, 2013
The owner of Maplefields is Skip Vallee. He is a crook and a thief!!
WHO is

South Burlington, VT

#21 Apr 17, 2013
Skip? Vallee??? Who is that? And from where?
intersearcher

Ticonderoga, NY

#22 Apr 18, 2013
WHO is wrote:
Skip? Vallee??? Who is that? And from where?
Rudophe "Skip" Vallee
Big-wig Republican, deep-pocketed, short-fingered, vulgarian, and former Ambassador to Slovakia, iirc.
Recently very 'concerned' that the VT Costco night damage the delicate ecosystem near the I-89 Exit 16 in Colchester when they put in the gas tanks that will sell the cheapest gas in the state. Upset that an increase in the minimum wage in VT would force him to increase the pay rate in his minimarts 3.6 percent.
Reportedly (though not personally verified yet) named his boat "SS-YOURMONEYSUCKAH'
That guy.
Interesting info

San Diego, CA

#24 Apr 18, 2013
Thanks! for the information. Very interesting.
intersearcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Rudophe "Skip" Vallee
Big-wig Republican, deep-pocketed, short-fingered, vulgarian, and former Ambassador to Slovakia, iirc.
Recently very 'concerned' that the VT Costco night damage the delicate ecosystem near the I-89 Exit 16 in Colchester when they put in the gas tanks that will sell the cheapest gas in the state. Upset that an increase in the minimum wage in VT would force him to increase the pay rate in his minimarts 3.6 percent.
Reportedly (though not personally verified yet) named his boat "SS-YOURMONEYSUCKAH'
That guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ti car show was disapointing 4 min ok 2
neglected children post removed already? 9 hr Interesting 2
Busted 10 hr Interesting 8
Patrick James Bright 11 hr Itzpat 13
Ticonderoga rentals (Sep '14) Mon Freddy kruger 27
CPS and the PD (Sep '14) Aug 1 ti parents 5
Working for police Aug 1 Welfare square 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages