Essex County wants to tell sex offen...

Essex County wants to tell sex offenders where to live

There are 129 comments on the www.pressrepublican.com story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Essex County wants to tell sex offenders where to live. In it, www.pressrepublican.com reports that:

Essex County is considering a local law that would bar registered sex offenders from living near schools or public playgrounds.

The law proposed by Supervisor Robert C. Dedrick (R-Ticonderoga) on Monday would be modeled on one passed last year by nearby Washington County.

Dedrick said he first began to think of the law when he learned a pair of registered sex offenders in Ticonderoga reside near schools.

"Two of them were really close in proximity (to schools), one to the High School one to St. Mary's (Catholic) School," Dedrick said. "I couldn't believe a sexual offender could be that close to our children."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pressrepublican.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Wow

Ticonderoga, NY

#129 Dec 6, 2013
Check out nys sex offender registry we have some real creeps on the list that have been charged with disgusting crimes. I read some of the charges from the website and it has the ages of the children. In my opinion if you rape a child you need to sent away forever. They end up living in nice homes with great benefits from our county. So sad the tax payers are footing the bill for these monsters.
NYS

Ticonderoga, NY

#130 Dec 6, 2013
New York State protects the rights of these offenders to a fault. This way they can close prisons and save money. They made laws against zoning or even really knowing all of them in the house. If their arrest was juvenile but offensive enough to have them in jail to adulthood, why can we not know this. They also like Ti because of it's police force. Do not have to staff as much with help close by. They pay little to no taxes in our town and laugh at our officials if they to do anything.
just saying

Gloversville, NY

#131 Jan 2, 2014
They all should be shot!!!
Fort Ti Fuzz

Endicott, NY

#132 Jan 7, 2014
What you can’t do, is add more penalty to someone that has already been sentenced. Ohio tried a similar law and they were shot down by a higher court. So, you could pass the law, but it would only apply to people that are yet to be sentenced.
Most all of you have no clue, as to what the difference is between a sex offender and a pedophile. Look it up. Pedophiles make up less than 10% of sex offenders. Homosexual men make up 77% of child sex abusers. Hey, lets have a rainbow parade.
How many of you know the big word “recidivism?”
Recidivism rates among sex offenders are lower than any other crime. 8% will go back to jail within 8 years, but it’s almost always for drugs or assault.
Now get this….95% of the people charged with a sex crime, have never been arrested before for anything. That means you don’t find them on the sex offender registry because they aren’t there.
95% is also the ratio of sex offender arrests, where the crime is committed by a family member. The person responsible is almost always in the family photo album, not somebody that lives down the street.
This stuff is all fairly simple to research and perhaps will open the eyes of the blind and ignorant…..you.
Marty

Hudson Falls, NY

#133 Jan 13, 2014
Electric Chair!
Fort Ti Fuzz

Endicott, NY

#134 Jan 15, 2014
Marty wrote:
Electric Chair!
Execution death in New York State is not for murderers or criminals. It's only for unborn babies.
in 2011 in NY 111,212 babies were executed in New York State at Abortion Clinics. We like to call them "Women's Health Center" when they should be called a death chamber. That works out to 427 every weekday, all year long.
Many are not executed, because Welfare will pay big bucks if you want to raise a half dozen or so.

It's wrong to kill a murderer, but not a baby.
moriah teacher

Massena, NY

#135 Jan 15, 2014
Jenny Hillmans gross husband is a sex offender. I think his name is Kenny, or Kenneth Hillman. Makes everyone wonder what he's done to his "so called" daughter. Who is Callie's real father??
just wondering

Mineville, NY

#136 Jan 16, 2014
moriah teacher wrote:
Jenny Hillmans gross husband is a sex offender. I think his name is Kenny, or Kenneth Hillman. Makes everyone wonder what he's done to his "so called" daughter. Who is Callie's real father??
If you don't know why to f---- are you putting names on here, you should just mind your business..... If you're really a Moriah teacher I wouldn't want my kids going there.
chubs

Massena, NY

#137 Jan 16, 2014
What u worried bout ? Your kid is only 10 years old. And other just a baby. Welfare kids on the College st.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
garbage pick up 1 hr Royal 1
Men from this looser town need I say more 9 hr well 14
Bad milk from Walmart (Jun '11) 18 hr Diana of Leesville 74
News Last voyage of the Steamship Ticonderoga (Aug '08) Thu Paul 21
building safe? Thu Truth 31
Pokemon Go? Wed A sheep no more 12
People Jul 20 Destiny Wood 6

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance