Doesn't see the reason 4 not giving the benefit of the doubt and forgiveness

Posted in the Ticonderoga Forum

Why be so nasty

Bolton Landing, NY

#1 Jul 1, 2013
To the female who left a note on my father's car during the Ticonderoga High School Academic Awards night:
My 86 year old father is a life long resident of New York, despite the fact that he now winters in Missouri. He is a WW 2 vet of the 4th Marine Division, volunteer fireman for over 20 years, and volunteered on community boards as member and chairman in this area. He raised 6 kids, one of whom might be giving you medical aid at your next medical visit.
He parked his car at 5 Caulkins place, as you so carefully noted, leaving you 6 feet behind you for getting out, to attend an award ceremony for his Grandchildren. Are you so unable to find the reverse gear that you must instead take the most awful response and leave foul language and degrading notes on his car? Are you so consumed with hatred for your fellow humans that you actually drive around with reprinted "Summons- Notice of inconsideration" all the time and pay good money to perpetuate vitriol?
So what, if he "might" have screwed up. Are you perfect? Or are you not human?
I feel sorry for you that this is the stuff that your life is made of. If you can't see the other side of things, then certainly you will find anger and hatred where ever you look. Would you like me to leave notes like this on your elder grandparents windshield?

I write this so maybe you will consider you actions and not continue this way, for your own sake and for my need to let other people know who lives among us- meaning my father and you.
sad

Crown Point, NY

#2 Jul 1, 2013
I was saddened to read this... it is way to easy for people to act out in hate than to just turn the other cheek or just let something go. I'm sorry someone felt it was needed to act out in such a childish way toward one of our vets and senior citizens. There is a serious lack of patience and respect in our society today!
Angermanagement

Trenton, NJ

#3 Jul 1, 2013
Geeze Louise if they pissed me off that bad I'd just have to wait them out and administer a corrective assbeating to the offending motorist. At least they would remember that even if there was no lesson learned. Who remembers a stupid note any way?
Father

Ticonderoga, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2013
Tell your father thank you for being such a great man. It sounds as though he touched many lives here in Ticonderoga. Try to see the good in each day rather than the bad. I am sure his grandson was very proud his grandfather was there to support him. Congratulations to your family. I have learned an important lesson in life, we can't control what people may do or say, we can only control ourselves. It sure sounds like your father learned that lesson a long time ago. You sure have a dad to be proud of. The person who wrote that letter certainly did not have a role model like your father in his life. Life is beautiful!
Spike

Underhill, VT

#5 Jul 19, 2013
I hope they don't let him drive the firetruck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartments for rent (Mar '14) 4 hr NOLEASETOSCUM 27
ticonderoga jobs 4 hr Just me 6
looking for available apt 10 hr loving arms 3
Fitness near Ticonderoga Thu TiRes 11
Lowes to become HOME DEPOT Thu not happening 14
Ticonderogas. Drug Problem Thu loving arms 40
Walmart backing out on price matching Jan 28 Emeup 8

Wind Chill Warning for Essex County was issued at January 30 at 9:28PM EST

Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match