First Prev
of 2
Next Last
employee

Cobleskill, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2009
so you go through all the interviews sign some papers take the drug screening and wait around for god knows how long! has anyone heard back from after they did their drug screening? and if so how long did it take to hear back from them? thanks everyone
truth

Acra, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2009
Lots of people have, maybe you just arent getting hired!
be nice

Glens Falls, NY

#3 Jan 8, 2009
That was nasty!
hey

Cobleskill, NY

#4 Jan 8, 2009
If this person got as far as the screening they were offered a job, and will get one.

Don't sweat it, the opening got pushed to March, so they aren't starting orientations for a few weeks, and then there will be training...
Maybe

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Maybe some people didn't pass the drug screening? So they wouldn't call you.
depraved indifference

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Jan 8, 2009
Maybe wrote:
not 100% sure on this, but i think they HAVE TO tell someone if their urinalysis results were "dirty" so the testee can dispute it (the results, that is).

they won't get to "retake" the test, but the testers would have to "retest" the sample.(on the odd chance that there was a technical error or something) but then again, I guess they (Lowe's) can do whatever they like and hire/not hire somebody based on whatever reasons they want.
hey

Cobleskill, NY

#7 Jan 8, 2009
Maybe wrote:
Two things, that type of test is not very difficult to pass ('nuff said the better).
And they will tell you if you did not pass.
employee

Cobleskill, NY

#8 Jan 8, 2009
hey wrote:
If this person got as far as the screening they were offered a job, and will get one.
Don't sweat it, the opening got pushed to March, so they aren't starting orientations for a few weeks, and then there will be training...
well thank u i know i passed the drug screening i signed my papers, im just curious if anyone else got "orientation". maybe b/c it was pushed back to march they will hold off on training. but if anyone hears anything let us know! that would be great thanks everyone.
Briana

Lake George, NY

#9 Jan 8, 2009
They were waiting to call when they could schedule the orientation. I just received my call a few minutes ago. It's for the 28th of January (at least mine is.. some may be soon, some later) It's right here in Ti at the hiring center. As for the drug screening, when you took the test, the part you signed tells you that you have a right to dispute the results within 90 days at your expense. Meaning Lowe's will re-screen or let you retake, but will just charge you for it. Congrats to all those who were hired.. You'll probably get a call today or tomorrow. Look forward to meeting you all soon.
Briana

Lake George, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2009
oops.. that was suppose to say "some may be sooner" not "soon". Too much coffee.. all jittery :)
wondering

Rexford, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2009
I also got called back..it took about 5 days for them to get back to me. Orientation for me is on the 28th as well.

“Share Your Heart with Someone”

Since: Jan 08

Crown Point, NY

#12 Jan 9, 2009
I got the call yesterday to report for orientation on the 28th. I was under the assumption there will be several groups for orientation, depending upon your position.
BEAUTIFUL GIRL

Glenmont, NY

#13 Jan 10, 2009
bullshit maybe you people got the job but they only hired 24 people rom Ti and alot of peole made it through 3 interviews and didnt get shit it was bullshit and ive talked to alot of people that were denied and have worked in those kind of departments and im sure most of you have never done aanything like that soo no not a bunch of people got call backs you dumb asses...people with kids and no job were denied and i read on another topic about lowes a woman say she has 3 jobs and got a job at lowes its pathedic the people they hired...but in Ti it is all about the people you know!
beautiful tooooo

Rexford, NY

#14 Jan 10, 2009
BEAUTIFUL GIRL wrote:
bullshit maybe you people got the job but they only hired 24 people rom Ti and alot of peole made it through 3 interviews and didnt get shit it was bullshit and ive talked to alot of people that were denied and have worked in those kind of departments and im sure most of you have never done aanything like that soo no not a bunch of people got call backs you dumb asses...people with kids and no job were denied and i read on another topic about lowes a woman say she has 3 jobs and got a job at lowes its pathedic the people they hired...but in Ti it is all about the people you know!
actually I don't know anyone special and I got hired..did you think that because your "beautiful girl" you would get hired? you have to know how to spell and write your name as well. Sorry that you didn't make the cut honey! I was hired no problem. How do you know only 24 people from Ti were hired? If that's true, it makes it even more awesome that i was hired, along with...Oh, about twelve friends of mine. Suck it up....see ya around.

Crown Point, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2009
BEAUTIFUL GIRL wrote:
Yes, I have 3 jobs but they total 19 to 20 hours a week and then no work in summer except for 1 job. I needed fulltime, Two of my jobs give me 3 -6 hours a week, can you live on that, I think not!

Crown Point, NY

#16 Jan 11, 2009
I know there are more than 24 hired in the area, including Port Henry, Crown Point, Putnam and other towns, so where you got your info is bunk!
not surprising

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Jan 11, 2009
BEAUTIFUL GIRL wrote:
With that attitude I am not surprised that you weren't hired and if you know a lot of people who were not hired maybe you are hanging around the wrong people. By the way you write and the language you use I am guessing that you do not have a lot of education - you may have a HS diploma, maybe even a degree but when a person rants and raves, uses poor grammar and curse words it knocks them down and makes them seem uneducated.

Crown Point, NY

#18 Jan 11, 2009
"i read on another topic about lowes a woman say she has 3 jobs and got a job at lowes its pathedic the people they hired...but in Ti it is all about the people you know!"
I am sorry if my having to work at 3 different jobs to TRY and make ends meet pissed you off, but I done what I had to to provide for my family. I was also wondering why you think all Lowes hirees are pathedic, do you know then all? I also did not get hired because of someone who I know it was because of experience, education, work ethics, clean background, and no drug or alocohol use. I am sure all the others have qualifications and made the right impression with the interviewers.
Again the use og prfane or vulgar language is not a good impression anywhere.

Crown Point, NY

#19 Jan 11, 2009
I have typos again meant "of profane" I need a new keyboard.
Anya

Branford, CT

#21 Aug 25, 2009
I went for my interview on a Thursday at 10 am and that same day had three interviews, was given the job and had a drug test. I left knowing I had the job. Just waited for a call to know when orientation was. That took a little over a week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police in Putnam Station? (Mar '13) 2 hr the who 8
Ti McDs Sat reading skills 8
Homosexuality in Ti Schools Fri FTMQueermofag 35
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Stan Stasiak 16,786
Fire Sep 12 mommmm 13
Know Your HIPAA Rights Sep 12 know a girl 10
Christopher Lambert Sep 12 Mineville rocks 31
•••

Freeze Warning for Essex County was issued at September 14 at 2:52PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••