Sex Offender Sign
Huh

Pittsfield, MA

#146 Jun 16, 2010
This whole unfortunate situation is upside down. The sex offender, because of the actions of the guy that put up the sign, is now hauling him into court because they got into a dustup over something else??? How bizarre us this? Do they actually live near each other? Is the sex offender an aggressive type or avoid people at any cost type?
JUDGE ROY BEAN

Albany, NY

#147 Jun 16, 2010
WHO posted that Paul Merfeld molested a 10 year old boy?
famous name

Cobleskill, NY

#148 Jun 16, 2010
please explain wrote:
This Bryce person and Paul had an altercation and resulted in this summons Paul was served with, correct? I am puzzled to understand how a convicted criminal could go to the law and have anyone arrested??? I thought they lost their rights. Can't vote, can't get a gun permit, tagged for life, how could he have anyone arrested? Please explain.
no matter what crime anyone has committed in the past, they still have the right to be protected.
okay

Bolton Landing, NY

#149 Jun 16, 2010
Huh wrote:
This whole unfortunate situation is upside down. The sex offender, because of the actions of the guy that put up the sign, is now hauling him into court because they got into a dustup over something else??? How bizarre us this? Do they actually live near each other? Is the sex offender an aggressive type or avoid people at any cost type?
Yes unfortunately this whole situation seems to be getting more bizarre as each day goes by.
food for thought

Bolton Landing, NY

#150 Jun 16, 2010
please explain wrote:
This Bryce person and Paul had an altercation and resulted in this summons Paul was served with, correct? I am puzzled to understand how a convicted criminal could go to the law and have anyone arrested??? I thought they lost their rights. Can't vote, can't get a gun permit, tagged for life, how could he have anyone arrested? Please explain.
I agree, now my question is that if there were an altercation between your husband and the perv would not the cops have been called to your residence and your husband arrested? There seems to be no mention of the police responding to an assualt call on that particular location. perhaps i am wrong but something doesnt add up somewhere....
Rob

United States

#151 Jun 16, 2010
food for thought wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, now my question is that if there were an altercation between your husband and the perv would not the cops have been called to your residence and your husband arrested? There seems to be no mention of the police responding to an assualt call on that particular location. perhaps i am wrong but something doesnt add up somewhere....
Who said anyone got arrested? A summons and arrest are two totally different things. Im sure what he was served with is only a violation.
Me too

Adams, MA

#152 Jun 17, 2010
He is not entitled to rights as a human being. He lost those rights when he took that little girls innocence! Keep defending him and you will be judged as well when the time comes. Again...Remember...God DOES NOT condone molestation! We should all keep an eye on Collin Keast as well. He is on the prowl again. Hanging out at the bicentennial falls around youger kids. Come on TIPD do your job!!!
famous name wrote:
<quoted text>
no matter what crime anyone has committed in the past, they still have the right to be protected.
WHO

Pittsfield, MA

#153 Jun 17, 2010
Is there another one on the loose? Where does that sign go?
okay

Bolton Landing, NY

#154 Jun 17, 2010
WHO wrote:
Is there another one on the loose? Where does that sign go?
Sadly there are more offenders in this area,many more that the general public do not know about.We could adorn nearly every street with a sign but those signs will not protect anyone.
MY OPINION

Granville, NY

#155 Jun 17, 2010
I agree with the sign. I have visited the website and if you notice there are many sex offenders that have been convicted in the past few years that are not even on it yet. It makes me sick to think people would not support the sign. I will do anything I have to do to protect my kids and if it means putting a sign up in my yard then I will do it. The kids are the victoms here not the offender. Stop protecting the trash and protect the kids. Sex Offenders should have no rights, and in my opinion should be put on an island with no way off. Maybe then our kids would be safe from them, But until they are all put away for life our kids will never be safe. Remember that the next time you bash the sign. I do not know Paul or Jen...but to you both I give you 2 thumbs up.
MY OPINION

Granville, NY

#156 Jun 17, 2010
Here is the list of offenders that live just in Essex county. Offender Name
ABARE,ROBERT
ABARE,ROBERT
BARBER,RONNIE
BARBER,RONNIE
BELDEN,RICHARD
BELL,SHAWN
BELL,SHAWN
BOISSEAU,EDWARD
BOUGOR-DAILY,JOSHUA
BOUGOR-DAILY,JOSHUA
CHARBONNEAU,EDWARD
CROSS,JOHN
CROSS,JOHN
CROWNINGSHIELD,SAMUEL
CURRY,CRAIG
DAILY,JAMES
DAILY,JOSHUA
DELACRUZ,RAFAEL
DIELLO,PATRICK
DINGMAN,LEON
DINGMAN,LEON
FIELDS,WALLACE
FLORA,SHELLY
FRENCH,WALTER
FRENCH,WALTER
GALUSHA,RICHARD
GEISER,DAMON
GENIER,MICHAEL
GORALCZYK,WILLIAM
HAMMS,JEREMIAH
HAMMS,JEREMIAH
HEIDORF,HUDSON
HILLMAN,KENNETH
HOELTZEL,BRYCE
HOLLAND,THOMAS
JOHNSON,MICHAEL
JOHNSON,MICHAEL
JOHNSON,MICHAEL
KEAST,COLIN
KEAST,COLIN
LAPLANTE,RAYMOND
LAPLANTE,RAYMOND
LAROCK,GARY
LAROCK,GARY
LEACH,LEON
MALEK,JOEL
MANLEY,MICHAEL
MASON,ALVIN
MASON,ALVIN
MCCRAY,MARK
MCCRAY,MARKIE
MCGUINNESS,HAROLD
MCGUINNESS,MANNY
MERRILL,DAVID
MERRILL,DAVID
MORRIS,ANGEL
MORRIS,ANSEL
PAQUIN,DOUGLAS
PAULSON,TODD
PEER,CLIFFORD
PEER,CLIFFORD
PUTNAM,JOSEPH
REYELL,KELLY
RUGER,NELSON
SMITH,MICHAEL
ST ANDREWS,DONALD
STRACK,BULLET
STRACK,LEON
WECKESSER,WILLIAM
WESCOTT,ROBERT
WESTCOTT,LOUIS
WESTCOTT,LOUIS
WESTCOTT,LOUIS
WILLIAMS,SHANE
WILLIAMSON,CARL
WILLIAMSON,CARL
WRIGHT,THOMAS
WRIGHT,THOMAS
YOUNG,LEO
YUREWITCH,JOHN

Now tell me are you going to defend the pigs or the sign???
I vote the sign and feel more are needed.
food for thought

Bolton Landing, NY

#157 Jun 18, 2010
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anyone got arrested? A summons and arrest are two totally different things. Im sure what he was served with is only a violation.
Ok, an arrest and a summons are 2 diffrent things but a "criminal summons" is clearly not a violation. a violation is exactly that a violation not a crime. now if we are to buy this line of bs about an altercation there would have at least been a report about the police responding to a call from that location? think about it before u reply with a completly ingnorant answer
Stupid is

Glens Falls, NY

#158 Jun 18, 2010
http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal/PEN0240....

clearly not a violation? what does that last line say?
as stupid does

Bolton Landing, NY

#159 Jun 18, 2010
Stupid is wrote:
http://law.onecle.com/new-york /penal/PEN0240.26_240.26.html
clearly not a violation? what does that last line say?
oh and now your some kind of insider and know what he was charged with? harrasment in the second degree is a violation, therefore he was NOT charged with that that as he was served with a CRIMINAL SUMMONS. when you commit a violation you get an order to appear. so whats your point??
Stupid is

Glens Falls, NY

#160 Jun 18, 2010
He was charged with that. I know that for a fact. Where are you getting your information? Please define and prove your false definition of a criminal summons. A criminal summons in my book means that you are to appear in court due to a crime (which can be just only be a violation). What do you think he should be charged with? A felony charge with a 10 year prison sentence? Get your facts straight girly.
as stupid does

Bolton Landing, NY

#161 Jun 18, 2010
Stupid is wrote:
He was charged with that. I know that for a fact. Where are you getting your information? Please define and prove your false definition of a criminal summons. A criminal summons in my book means that you are to appear in court due to a crime (which can be just only be a violation). What do you think he should be charged with? A felony charge with a 10 year prison sentence? Get your facts straight girly.
ok lets assume that any of us can belive that what you state as fact to be true. after all this is topix. so he was charged with second degree harrassment. which is a violation, what do you not understand you would not recieve a criminal summons, for a violation.... if you get caught with less than an ounce of weed you dont get a criminal summons you get a violation and an order to appear... perhaps my understanding of the law is askew
as stupid does

Bolton Landing, NY

#162 Jun 18, 2010
if we are going to do homework read this
http://law.onecle.com/new-york/criminal-proce... hmmm no mention of a violation
Sam I am

Glens Falls, NY

#163 Jun 19, 2010
as stupid does wrote:
if we are going to do homework read this
http://law.onecle.com/new-york/criminal-proce... hmmm no mention of a violation
2. A summons must be subscribed by the issuing judge and must state
or contain (a) the name of the issuing court, and (b) the name of the
defendant to whom it is addressed, and (c) the name or title of an
offense charged in the underlying accusatory instrument, and (d) the
date of issuance of the summons, and (e) the date and time when it is
returnable, and (f) a direction that the defendant appear before the
issuing court at such time.

Thanks for proving my point!!!! He is to appear in court for 2nd degree harrassment. I'm still not sure what you were trying to prove??? I can't prove his charges to you but I'm not lying. Go to court if it really concerns you all that much. The truth will come out, it always does.
as stupid does

Bolton Landing, NY

#164 Jun 19, 2010
Sam I am wrote:
<quoted text>
2. A summons must be subscribed by the issuing judge and must state
or contain (a) the name of the issuing court, and (b) the name of the
defendant to whom it is addressed, and (c) the name or title of an
offense charged in the underlying accusatory instrument, and (d) the
date of issuance of the summons, and (e) the date and time when it is
returnable, and (f) a direction that the defendant appear before the
issuing court at such time.
Thanks for proving my point!!!! He is to appear in court for 2nd degree harrassment. I'm still not sure what you were trying to prove??? I can't prove his charges to you but I'm not lying. Go to court if it really concerns you all that much. The truth will come out, it always does.
proving your point? i can tell that we could go on and on about this and who knows maybe we are both wrong. i do not wish to pursue this any further although i do thank you for the inteligent conversation, something that lacks here on this message board. anyway thank you again and i look forward to our next livley debate
Yep Yep Yep

Cobleskill, NY

#165 Jun 20, 2010
Jennifer Merfeld wrote:
Not that it is necessary to explain but Paul was not served the summons due to the sign. The summons was due to an event that happened before the sign was even up. Bryce started taking pictures of my husband, from the road, while my husband stood on our own property, talking to a town worker. Bryce got inches away from my husbands face, needless to say there was an altercation. Thus, the criminal summons. Bryce is manupulative and knows the laws and what buttons to push.
This sign is not illegal. We have been told time and time again that it is not illegal by the proper authorities. Let me also mention, if the wrong persons take down the sign that would be a crime, both trespassing and stealing.
I appreciate the mature comments and opinions this forum has produced, both negative and positive. Our mission has been accomplished because now you all know about this man, even if you don't agree. I'm sorry for those who don't agree. We did post the sign in a manner where it's not 'in you face'. For those of you who do agree, thanks for your support. The sign is NOT coming down.
http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/cgi/intern...
I bet the sign COMES DWN Babe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topics 2 hr Alreadyinhell 11
Gay (Sep '16) 12 hr curis 9
Natasha 13 hr Good old ti 3
useless police Tue Nancy Guttenberg 33
building inspecter Mar 28 Doa 12
Lifted jeep Mar 28 Justme 4
da Mar 26 Nancy Guttenberg 4

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance