#1 Nov 16, 2012
Press Republican front page news
Graney leaving to take position as principal in Bolton Landing
Does this ssurprise anyone ?
All I say is good riddance.
Happy

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
I am doing the Happy Hippie Dance right now, after reading this. This man is the cause of much bullying we have in the high school here in Ticonderoga.
Idiots

Ticonderoga, NY

#3 Nov 16, 2012
He's probably leaving because of the idiots on this site!!!!! I know my kids will miss him.
momm

Ticonderoga, NY

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Idiots wrote:
He's probably leaving because of the idiots on this site!!!!! I know my kids will miss him.
Mine will to, thank you for a kind post.
mom

Ticonderoga, NY

#5 Nov 16, 2012
He will be missed by a lot of students. Hopefully Bolton is a town with more class to not have a site like this.
newprinciple

Mesquite, NV

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Please pray, whoever the replacement is-- is NOT a good ole boy. For the sake of the students, the town and taxpayers. PRAY. Pray also that McDonald finds the wisdom (and someone that will hire him) to move the heck out of town and gets replaced with a bright, HONEST and trustworthy superintendent.

Pray.
Next

Mineville, NY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
The next principal will be Rick Merrill. They have been grooming him for 4 years now for the job.
yikes

Mesquite, NV

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Next wrote:
The next principal will be Rick Merrill. They have been grooming him for 4 years now for the job.
Oh yes-- the man that got tenured after 6 months, and McDonalds good friend.. why do we let this continue to happen... the students continue to suffer.
Idea

Albany, NY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
How about Dave Williams
dirty hippie

Ticonderoga, NY

#10 Nov 18, 2012
Happy wrote:
I am doing the Happy Hippie Dance right now, after reading this. This man is the cause of much bullying we have in the high school here in Ticonderoga.
please explain how the Principal is the cause of bullying. i'd love to hear your explanation.
that guy

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Never had a problem with the guy
fed up

Ticonderoga, NY

#12 Nov 19, 2012
My kids love him, very approachable and fair. Rick Merrill would be a good replacement. He isn't afraid to get involved and doesn't show favortism. As far as "good ole boy", anyone who gets hired that isn't from out of town is going to be labeled that on here!
How So

AOL

#13 Nov 19, 2012
Happy wrote:
How do you figure that he is the cause of the bullying?
Clean Hippi

Ticonderoga, NY

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Just really ask some of the students, the ones who are truly being picked on. I am not going on here giving names and what happened. I have heard stories for the past 7 years. Yes it maybe hear say. But when I heard so many from children that sort of all line up. Like I stated just start asking some of the ones who have a problem in the school. Not the ones who never have anything wrong.We have a major issue with on line bullying in our area also.
fed up

Ticonderoga, NY

#15 Nov 19, 2012
I agree, there is a bullying problem and it breaks my heart. Kids can be so cruel to each other, but alot of that comes from bullying parents. They encourage their kids to do it because they did it...probably still do! Makes them feel better about themselves by exposing others weaknesses, or even worse, by making things up. I wish there was an easy fix, there isn't. All we can hope is that it is addressed and kids who do it are held accountable...make an example of a few and maybe, just maybe others will think twice.
Thats just the thing

San Diego, CA

#16 Nov 19, 2012
If the kids (these days) don't "fear" (HIGHLY respect) the principal, they he/she is doing something wrong.

We seem to have had this problem at the high school for years! now--the students perceive the principal as a "friend." WRONG!!!
Who you are

Ticonderoga, NY

#18 Nov 19, 2012
If you are one of his buddies on a team or what ever, family, friends, you can do what ever you please is my understanding. There was one case a few years back where a poor student was mentally abused by a very rich student. the poor student never could even tell her side. Principals should never take sides, this man did every time.
Bully Parents

Schenectady, NY

#19 Nov 20, 2012
fed up wrote:
I agree, there is a bullying problem and it breaks my heart. Kids can be so cruel to each other, but alot of that comes from bullying parents. They encourage their kids to do it because they did it...probably still do! Makes them feel better about themselves by exposing others weaknesses, or even worse, by making things up. I wish there was an easy fix, there isn't. All we can hope is that it is addressed and kids who do it are held accountable...make an example of a few and maybe, just maybe others will think twice.
Yes, I have also seen that the kids that bully have parents that bully. Also, I have seen the bully parents bully their own kids. Another thing I have noticed about bullies is that they usually possess the same weakness they despise so much in others.
Remember this

San Diego, CA

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Perhaps they should hire someone who just came back from the "war."
Somebody who truly knows what both bullying and survival MEAN.

GONE are the days of "teaching moments" and "just love them more." Such b.s. to start out with! Leave it to Ti to be living in the '60s, still.

Now. Don't hold your breath on the idea that they will hire someone outside of the system. BIG, big doubts that that will ever happen.
Facts

Ticonderoga, NY

#21 Nov 20, 2012
Kids are downright horrible at that high school. My oldest daughter received rape threats on the school computer, nothing was done and she dropped out. My youngest is now in the same position and again, nothing is being done. Parents don't want to be placated by the principal, we want results!
When I went to the high school, nothing like this ever happened. Mr. C and Mr. V didn't take crap from any kid and the kids respected that more than trying to be their friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crown Point School in Chokehold From allergies 3 hr Untrue 18
Varmette loses appeal in murder case (Feb '10) Tue cpmom 41
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Mon martha martine 4
screaming Dec 21 Info 5
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) Dec 19 stinky ti women 22
Fat Ugly inbred Ti Women Dec 19 stinky ti women 3
pill sales!!! Dec 19 well now 10
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web