First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Worried

Bristol, VT

#1 Nov 19, 2012
I heard today that Peebles might be closing after the holidays?????
fashion police

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Nov 19, 2012
If they are, I wouldn't wonder why, Their clothing SUCKS the big one
Stereo Tiped

Troy, NY

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Aww .. I was so happy to hear a store that offers some quality goods was giving us another choice. One problem is that the didn't offer Plus size Womens .. now that is very much needed. I hope that you've heard wrong..
ABC

Albany, NY

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Their clothing was far better than any of the other options in town. I like quality clothes, but I don't always want to drive to glens falls or anywhere else with nice stores, and I like to look at things before I buy, so I'm not a fan of online shopping. It is nice to have another option in Ti, and although at first is might seem pricey they have lots of good sales that bring it into very reasonable territory.
Angry Chicken

Mineville, NY

#5 Nov 20, 2012
yes they are closing the first of the year
peebles shopper

Mineville, NY

#6 Nov 20, 2012
Angry Chicken wrote:
yes they are closing the first of the year
News to me!!! Dont know where you got your info,but you shouldnt spread rumors that are NOT true..take it from a hater,dont let us have a decent place to shop,nice things at decent prices..Always a sale,coupons to save..Guess if theres not a huge pooh bear,or mickey mouse on your shirt its not acceptable!! I love PEEBLES..Hope all of us can keep it going..
Calvin Klein

Hudson, NY

#7 Nov 20, 2012
fashion police wrote:
You can continue to fashion shop at Agway!
peebles shopper

Mineville, NY

#8 Nov 20, 2012
fashion police wrote:
shop where you like then..that way you dont have to change from your PJs and slippers..Love the style of cartoons on ADULT clothing...
peebles shopper

Mineville, NY

#9 Nov 20, 2012
Calvin Klein wrote:
<quoted text>
You can continue to fashion shop at Agway!

couldnt have said it better...haha
fed up

Ticonderoga, NY

#10 Nov 20, 2012
If people want it to stay, they better start shopping there!! Never anyone there, they can't even be making enough to pay the bills! I like nice things, but their prices are way too high. High enough that it's worth going out of town to shop, not that we want to. At least they did one thing right, got rid of that thing they called a manager, just probably too late.
inside source

Ticonderoga, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2012
Dont know where u people get ur info from. But Peebles is not closing!
Stereo Tiped

Catskill, NY

#12 Nov 20, 2012
HEY Y'ALL ... Get over to PEEBLES and help them stay alive and help our town survive!!!! We need new commerce and here's a neighbor trying to give back to our town. Even if it's a higher level this town is used to ... we need this new blood!
concerned

Albany, NY

#13 Nov 21, 2012
Stereo Tiped wrote:
HEY Y'ALL ... Get over to PEEBLES and help them stay alive and help our town survive!!!! We need new commerce and here's a neighbor trying to give back to our town. Even if it's a higher level this town is used to ... we need this new blood!
If we wamt stores in town we need to frequent them regularly. Prices on most clothes arent bad considering the quality. Many clearance racks and discounts if you look. We need to support our local business if we want them to stay.
really

Ticonderoga, NY

#14 Nov 21, 2012
well what we need is another grocery store, keep walmart prices affordable. u can put anything in town and if people cant afford them they will go out of business. grocery store provides more jobs also. just saying
Hope

Bristol, VT

#16 Nov 21, 2012
I hope not better than walmart
shopper

United States

#17 Nov 23, 2012
We could have a department store that sold many things besides just clothing like a target
TODAY

Crown Point, NY

#18 Nov 23, 2012
I stopped there today and had no idea that the store is so small. I thought the store was the size of the GU building it turned out to be maybe 1/6 of the size. I have been in the St. Albans store and it was hugh. It is to bad our community can't keep the store it had great deals and lots of gift ideas.
woody r

Mineville, NY

#19 Nov 23, 2012
it was "hugh".......it is "to" bad...wow, another one
ABC

Albany, NY

#20 Nov 23, 2012
shopper wrote:
We could have a department store that sold many things besides just clothing like a target
I doubt Target would come in. It's very similar to Walmart in terms of the type of things it sells (although many of its items are of higher quality) and I doubt this town could support what would amount to 2 Walmarts. A department store maybe, but they aren't even doing so well in areas with larger markets.
we need

Crown Point, NY

#21 Nov 24, 2012
An Aldi's or price rite discount place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone not lie and cheat in this town? 3 hr Victim 14
Crown Point School in Chokehold From allergies 18 hr dbq12 21
Walmart Panhandlers (May '10) Fri Seriously 36
Varmette loses appeal in murder case (Feb '10) Dec 23 cpmom 41
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Dec 22 martha martine 4
screaming Dec 21 Info 5
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) Dec 19 stinky ti women 22
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web