First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 13

Schenectady, NY

#41 Oct 29, 2013
A hero:

Water issue- Boil the water. Do not drink the water that from the tap. Route the condensation into a container, and the container now contains drinking safe water. I'm not sure if the water is town regulated, state regulated, or federally regulated, however, this has also been a concern of mine, and it would only take a brief moment to discover who regulates it.
Land tax increase- I don't see why this needs to increase, but as long as our towns income is above our spending, we will infact make money as a town, which, in turn, can be used to purchase property and land. Which brings me to my next point:
Downtown revitalization- Although I hate to focus on such a small area of this town, it is an important topic. The downtown area is almost completely privately owned (if I recall correctly [a simple look through our towns records would confirm or dis-prove this]), and if that be the case, the town should purchase these buildings. Which again, brings me to my next topic:
Youth- Our youth needs jobs available to them, as well as many adults. If our town purchased buildings and opened up it's own services or business (for example, the old uptown Lowe's building), and converted them into say, a local farmers market for example, we would open up these needed jobs, and increase economic flow.

I am open to more topics.
circle that drain

Ticonderoga, NY

#42 Oct 29, 2013
You sir/madam, are nuttier than a fruitcake!
The Hero Rising wrote:
A hero:
Water issue- Boil the water. Do not drink the water that from the tap. Route the condensation into a container, and the container now contains drinking safe water. I'm not sure if the water is town regulated, state regulated, or federally regulated, however, this has also been a concern of mine, and it would only take a brief moment to discover who regulates it.
Aw heck, let's just do away with the water and sewer systems altogether. Let everyone drill their own wells and do with the effluent what they will. Public health, safety and welfare are so over-rated anyway....
Land tax increase- I don't see why this needs to increase, but as long as our towns income is above our spending, we will infact make money as a town, which, in turn, can be used to purchase property and land. Which brings me to my next point:
Downtown revitalization- Although I hate to focus on such a small area of this town, it is an important topic. The downtown area is almost completely privately owned (if I recall correctly [a simple look through our towns records would confirm or dis-prove this]), and if that be the case, the town should purchase these buildings.
Removing properties from the tax rolls will do wonders for keeping tax rates down. Brilliant thinking here, for sure.
Which again, brings me to my next topic:
Youth- Our youth needs jobs available to them, as well as many adults. If our town purchased buildings and opened up it's own services or business (for example, the old uptown Lowe's building), and converted them into say, a local farmers market for example, we would open up these needed jobs, and increase economic flow.
I am open to more topics.
Let's just put the Town government in charge of all the kids. Declare parenting as an outdated notion altogether. Bring on the Nanny State!

Schenectady, NY

#43 Oct 30, 2013
@circle that drain- If you know who is in charge of water regulations, please inform me. And as far as public health: Obamacare passed.
Removing properties from the tax rolls would lower our towns income, but there should be no reason to increase it. Obviously our town makes some kind of revenue (our small analog clock, park additions, and road and power line work.) The issue is taking responsibility for the town's revenue off the tax-payers hands in the sense of that the town should make revenue to pay for it's services as well. Currently, taxes are what fuel a town's services, however, if a town can provide services without asking for too much revenue from the tax-payers, it becomes a stable economy, and the town can use excess money not spent on services towards town growth, and creating new services. And I never said that the town board should be in charge of the youth. I said they should be in charge of opening up jobs for the youth. To clarify, as the youth are transitioning into adulthood. Also, the town should open up more entertainment for the youth who are not transitioning into adulthood.
circle that drain

East Granby, CT

#44 Oct 30, 2013
The Hero Rising wrote:
@circle that drain- If you know who is in charge of water regulations, please inform me.
Private well systems:

NYS Dept. of Health (10NYCRR Appendix 5-B) NYS DEC (Environmental Conservation Law §15-1525)

Public Water Supply Systems:

The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) is the principal federal law concerning drinking water. SDWA authorized the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to promulgate regulations regarding water supply. The major regulations are in Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations: 40 CFR Parts 141, 142 and 143.

Public Health Law Section 225 gives the public health council authority to create and modify the State Sanitary Code. Part 5 of the New York State Sanitary Code (10NYCRR5) regulates water supply. The New York State Department of Health has primary authority for most of the water supply regulation compliance determination and enforcement in New York.

NYS Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) Article 15, Title 15 and 6 NYCRR Part 601 regulates the sources and districting of water supply. These regulations are administered by NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation.
And as far as public health: Obamacare passed.
I was referring to Section 2(c)(10) of the NYS Constitution, regarding the powers and duties of legislature; home rule powers of local governments; statute of local governments -> “The government, protection, order, conduct, safety, health and well-being of persons or property therein.”
Removing properties from the tax rolls would lower our town’s income, but there should be no reason to increase it.
Except for perhaps to address increasing costs including labor, materials, and utilities among others. When was the last time you saw any of these costs decrease over time?
Obviously our town makes some kind of revenue (our small analog clock, park additions, and road and power line work.) The issue is taking responsibility for the town's revenue off the tax-payers hands in the sense of that the town should make revenue to pay for its services as well. Currently, taxes are what fuel a town's services, however, if a town can provide services without asking for too much revenue from the tax-payers, it becomes a stable economy, and the town can use excess money not spent on services towards town growth, and creating new services.
Power line work? The Town doesn’t own or maintain any of the local electric distribution network.

Some local government services -such as water & sewer - are already paid for by user fees within defined geographic districts, resulting in no charges on the property tax levy.

Since approximately 90% of Town revenues some from property taxes and fees, it seems apparent that your “stable economy” scenario could only be achieved by increased reliance on transfer funds from the State or Federal governments. Those funds are currently not increasing to meet demand. Oh – and those funds are also taxpayer funds. Perhaps we could collect donations from the public instead?
And I never said that the town board should be in charge of the youth. I said they should be in charge of opening up jobs for the youth. To clarify, as the youth are transitioning into adulthood. Also, the town should open up more entertainment for the youth who are not transitioning into adulthood.
So the Town should be in charge of creating jobs for the kids. Got it. Besides the existing seasonal jobs at the Town beach, where shall we have them work that wouldn’t displace current staff?

As for the youth who are not transitioning in to adulthood, they are currently served by such things as their parents or guardians, the criminal justice system or through public and private programs to assist the developmentally disabled. It is not the job of the Town to “entertain” them; there are multiple opportunities available for them to entertain themselves.

Schenectady, NY

#45 Nov 1, 2013
@circle thag drain- If water id regulated federally and at a state level, nothing can be done for it at a local level, other than suggesting changes, which typically accomplishes nothing. I wish there was something I could do about this issue, but the best I can offer on this, is boil your water before drinking. And taxes are paid to the town in many methods. Taxes are just allowance that the people give their representatives to carry out Section 2(c)(10). But a system that could carry out Section 2(c)(10), while lowering taxes, and increasing jobs. If our town could make a way to make money on it's own, it could have a stable income (of course, assuming unintelligible managers don't bring it to ruin). And transfering funds from any other tier of government would be a waste, and would serve no purpose other than to make our town think it has more money than it really does. Also, I apologize, for power companies being privately owned slipped my mind. I never said we should not have property tax, as it is indeed a large source of income, but I do not believe it should increase in any way. The problem is not our town's income, it is our town's spending. And I also believe in donations. If you want your town to be nicer, give it money to do so. If not, it should do so on it's own because that's it's function, and it should enable itself to carry out that function.
And simply put, yes, the town should creat jobs for our youth. Not in the sense of child labor, as child labor is wrong, but in the sense of preparing youth to enter the workforce, because they have to, or they will become homeless, or struggle through their life because they weren't exposed to it. And surely by "multiple oppurtunities", you mean planning on leaving this town, or resorting to crime? Because that's how they feel. Go ahead and ask them. I have.
circle that drain

East Granby, CT

#46 Nov 4, 2013
The Hero Rising wrote:
And surely by "multiple oppurtunities", you mean planning on leaving this town, or resorting to crime? Because that's how they feel. Go ahead and ask them. I have.
By multiple opportunities, I was referring to the extracurricular options available to the students through the school district, the Youth Commission, the Silver Bay children and teens program at the armory and the numerous outdoor recreation options (hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, etc.) our area offers.

I’ve spoken with many of our youth, and their outlooks and responses depend heavily on their role models. Children who associate with adults who are actively involved in the community through either business, church, youth or other volunteer activities often have a more positive outlook on Ticonderoga and their future in it.

Schenectady, NY

#47 Nov 6, 2013
@Circle that drain- All of the outdoor recreational options you mentioned require something most teens in this town do not have: money. Thus further proving my orevious statement as true. And while we do offer Silver Bay as an extracurricular activity in our schools, it is nowhere near implemented enough to even be considered extracurricular. It's just a field trip. Worthwhile extracurricular activities for teens include: various clubs, sports, work programs, and JROTC units. Our teens have sports, and maybe a club or two, but not enough.
And a majority of our teens want to have a positive outlook, but they can't achieve it because they see many of the problems and issues in this town. They know positive outlooks accomplish nothing. We need to show them positive actions are what's vital.
Going Rogue

Ticonderoga, NY

#48 Jan 18, 2014
For the record, a challenge was made. The Essex Co. Republican Commissioner had an investigation done by the Essex Co. Sheriff''s Dept. It was the determination of the officer that Chattie Van Wert-Hatfield did not live at the Lower Road Ticonderoga home. Another woman named Ann told the officer Chattie did not live at that residence. I've got the report if anyone wants to see it. Also, Chattie had 14 days to refute the allegations following the investigation and failed to show ANY evidence to the contrary. She snubbed the Bd. of Elections request to show proof. Subsequently, they cited a law which I believe doesn't apply in this situaton. As far as I'm concerned she has fraudently obtained her position. The ending of tale is not over, and she will have to answer for it at a future town board meeting.
Sorry Loser

Ticonderoga, NY

#49 Jan 19, 2014
It seems the voters have spoken and Chattie was the gal we wanted on the board. I would have voted for Chattie if she lived on the moon. She still was the BEST person for the job! I think the days of crooked politics may be coming to a close in Ticonderoga!
Who

Ticonderoga, NY

#50 Jan 19, 2014
Sorry Loser wrote:
It seems the voters have spoken and Chattie was the gal we wanted on the board. I would have voted for Chattie if she lived on the moon. She still was the BEST person for the job! I think the days of crooked politics may be coming to a close in Ticonderoga!
Do you truly believe one of the local politicians are crooked. Could you explain? Curious politician.
Town Cryer

Albany, NY

#51 Jan 20, 2014
Going Rogue wrote:
For the record, a challenge was made. The Essex Co. Republican Commissioner had an investigation done by the Essex Co. Sheriff''s Dept. It was the determination of the officer that Chattie Van Wert-Hatfield did not live at the Lower Road Ticonderoga home. Another woman named Ann told the officer Chattie did not live at that residence. I've got the report if anyone wants to see it. Also, Chattie had 14 days to refute the allegations following the investigation and failed to show ANY evidence to the contrary. She snubbed the Bd. of Elections request to show proof. Subsequently, they cited a law which I believe doesn't apply in this situaton. As far as I'm concerned she has fraudently obtained her position. The ending of tale is not over, and she will have to answer for it at a future town board meeting.
BOO HOO!...... So, you would rather have an idiot in office who resides in Ticonderoga? Chattie can't be influenced like past board members........get used to it!
show it

Ticonderoga, NY

#52 Jan 30, 2014
Post the report on the County Board of Elections website.
Going Rogue wrote:
no there there

Ticonderoga, NY

#53 Feb 1, 2014
I call bull$h!t.

If the Board of Elections had an investigation report that was conclusive in showing election fraud, they'd post it publicly for all to see. They'd also have it all over the press, not discussed anonymously on a rumor-mongering web forum.
show it wrote:
Post the report on the County Board of Elections website.
<quoted text>
Going Rogue wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone not lie and cheat in this town? 17 hr wee no 15
Crown Point School in Chokehold From allergies Sat dbq12 21
Walmart Panhandlers (May '10) Fri Seriously 36
Varmette loses appeal in murder case (Feb '10) Dec 23 cpmom 41
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Dec 22 martha martine 4
screaming Dec 21 Info 5
Fat Ugly Childish Girls with cell phones (Dec '11) Dec 19 stinky ti women 22
Ticonderoga Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web