Town Board candidates
the Highway Dept

San Diego, CA

#21 Aug 30, 2013
Given ALL the trouble the town/taxpayers have had with the Highway Department, I wouldn't advise even contemplating someone who has relatives that work there. It IS a conflict, IF not a legal one than CERTAINLY a moral one.
Carefully Choose wrote:
<quoted text>Be mindfull that Fred Hunsdon has a son and son in law who work at Ti Highway Dept. VanWert lives in Hague and should not be on the ballot at all.
AMEN

Lowell, MA

#22 Aug 30, 2013
Yeh. For all the good she's done. Ha!
Not THIS again wrote:
This reminds me of our DA Kristy Sprague who wanted to be Essex County DA but didn't live in Essex County. sigh...
Anyone can buy a piece of land and pitch a tent on it and call it their "primary residence." Sooo, WHERE does she really live?
<quoted text>
easy

Newton Center, MA

#23 Aug 30, 2013
[QUOTE who=Anyone can buy a piece of land and pitch a tent on it and call it their "primary residence." Sooo, WHERE does she really live?
<quoted text>[/QUOTE]

1). Ask Chattie yourself. I'm sure she'd gladly tell you.
2). Call the County Board of Elections. She noted it on her petition.
3). Look it up in the property assessment records. They are online, and listed alphabetically by last name.

Bring on the next straw horse......
Yes Ask

Troy, NY

#24 Aug 30, 2013
easy wrote:
<quoted text>
1). Ask Chattie yourself. I'm sure she'd gladly tell you.
2). Call the County Board of Elections. She noted it on her petition.
3). Look it up in the property assessment records. They are online, and listed alphabetically by last name.
Bring on the next straw horse......
1)Ask the postmaster in the town of Hague what her address is (Chattie VanWert Hatfield)they have to tell you the address.
2) Ask her if she has lawyered up?
3) Ask if anyone has challenged her petition?
not all bad

Memphis, TN

#25 Aug 31, 2013
Jim Kolysko would be my choice. Intelligent guy who isn't a yes man and will stand up for what he believes is right.
Obscure

Ticonderoga, NY

#26 Sep 2, 2013
not all bad wrote:
Jim Kolysko would be my choice. Intelligent guy who isn't a yes man and will stand up for what he believes is right.
Admirable traits, for sure. But just what pertaining to local issues does he believe in?
And then there were three

Ticonderoga, NY

#27 Sep 2, 2013
Van Wert is no longer listed as a candidate on the County Board of Elections website.
strange

Ticonderoga, NY

#28 Sep 6, 2013
Van Wert is listed now on the County Board of Elections web site.

Not running as a Democan or Republicrat, either.
Strange

Ticonderoga, NY

#29 Oct 5, 2013
I see that Crammond & Kolysko are campaigning as "Conscientious Republicans."

Can anyone explain what that phrase means, and relate it to their positions on any local issues?
over taxed

Meriden, CT

#30 Oct 6, 2013
I see in the Times of Ti that the Ti town board has put the sale or lease of the trash transfer station out to bid. Looks like they rushed it through to get it sold before a newly elected board can make the decision. What a bunch of sneaks. It should have been held up until we found out why Moriah, of similar size, is not losing money on their trash by managing it themselves, as was in a recent article in the Times. If Washington County is the example of outsourcing that Ti wants to imitate, just drive around on some of the back roads from Whitehall south and see the garbage and debris dumped all over. That's what happens when it is privatized and the price inevitably goes too high. Also, what happens to the guys that work at the transfer station? I guess they will be thrown out on the street and cost the taxpayers money with unemployment, food stamps, etc. The town board would rather give free tax breaks to carpetbaggers that move in here and displace local employers than to try to save jobs for long time loyal town employees.
Exactly

San Diego, CA

#31 Oct 7, 2013
I have seen this before. Many places. It is exactly what happens. Every time. So predictable.
over taxed wrote:
If Washington County is the example of outsourcing that Ti wants to imitate, just drive around on some of the back roads from Whitehall south and see the garbage and debris dumped all over. That's what happens when it is privatized and the price inevitably goes too high.
Van Wert

Ticonderoga, NY

#32 Oct 13, 2013
Chattie Van Wert for Ti Town Council campaign web site: https://www.facebook.com/TiTownCouncil
concerned voter

Boston, MA

#33 Oct 13, 2013
I looked at her (Van Wert's)website, but it doesn't say what she is for on major issues. What about taxes, the well drilling, selling the transfer station (is that even legal without a public referendum?) There are other major issues than downtown revitalization. I am wary of candidates only interested in downtown, as often they are for more restrictive land use, more zoning, etc. that put a burden on landowners and raise taxes. Also, they have been on committees for years that haven't accomplished much for downtown. The rebels from Chilson will stick up for landowners rights, lower taxes, a stand which is needed right now.
imagine

Feeding Hills, MA

#34 Oct 13, 2013
I guess that means Chaatie must not be the designee of the Chilson Politburo.

The nerve of her to even consider running....
thnking differently

Ticonderoga, NY

#35 Oct 13, 2013
A prosperous downtown and protection of individual property rights are not mutually exclusive.

I'll take an intelligent and truly independent candidate over someone who is bought and paid for any day of the week.
Hundson ad analysis

Ticonderoga, NY

#36 Oct 26, 2013
The Friends of Fred Hudson bought a full page ad in this week's Times of Ti.

He wants to represent Chilson. That's like maybe 75 registered voters? Perhaps someone forgot to tell him that as a Councilman he'd be representing the entire Town.

He doesn't want wells for the public water supply. That's nice. Under the stipulated agreement with both U.S. EPA and NYS, the Town really no longer has a choice.

He wants straw poll voting and referendum. That still would absolve him from making and informed decision on issues based on the welfare of the entire Town. That's the job.

He wants to hire a professional manager. This indicates that a) he has no faith in the administrative abilities of the any of the Supervisor candidates and b) he believes the Town is flush with money.

He wants zoning supported by the people. By "the people" he probably means mob rule. We already have that. See the April 2013 Town Board minutes. Mission accomplished!

He wants to increase Town revenue to lower taxes. That means higher user fees.

He wants Higher quality of life for everyone, especially those on fixed incomes. But he doesn't say how, but I'm not sure higher user fees would help.

Price of one full page ad = costly.

Showing a lack of depth of knowledge on issues = PRICELESS.
itwas

Albany, NY

#37 Oct 26, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Her petition listed a Ticonderoga home address, and was verified by the County Board of Elections.
Any proof of a primary residence elsewhere should be brought to the Election Commissioners' attention.
It was.
common sense

Ticonderoga, NY

#38 Oct 26, 2013
Dont bother going to the polls then...because your vote wont count. I will be cancelling your vote with a vote for Fred. Guess theres only 74 regestered voters left up here in gods country....
bass bay

Ticonderoga, NY

#39 Oct 27, 2013
Not THIS again wrote:
This reminds me of our DA Kristy Sprague who wanted to be Essex County DA but didn't live in Essex County. sigh...
Anyone can buy a piece of land and pitch a tent on it and call it their "primary residence." Sooo, WHERE does she really live?
<quoted text>
Bass bay road in silverbay she just owns property in Ti on the Putnam line don't get fooled
no fear

Milton, MA

#40 Oct 27, 2013
bass bay wrote:
<quoted text> Bass bay road in silverbay she just owns property in Ti on the Putnam line don't get fooled
I'll defer to the County Board of Elections, who deemed her a resident. She wouldn't be on the ballot if they were convinced otherwise..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ticonderoga Dental Clinic 6 hr Honest 7
Patrick James Bright 12 hr John Smith 3
Busted 12 hr sj ss rat druggies 3
Arrested on Tuesday 12 hr sj ss rat druggies 9
Ticonderoga rentals (Sep '14) 12 hr pizza is great 26
Working for police 12 hr pizza is great 37
Theodore Thompson (May '12) Wed Lice 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages