First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ex customer

Ticonderoga, NY

#1 Oct 20, 2013
The service is horrible and the place need a good cleaning out. Maplefields is beautiful
Facts

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Oct 20, 2013
Yes, let's compare cleanliness against a business that has been in town for decades to a brand new building. Of course the brand new one will be all shiny and new.
As for customer service...you get the attitude back that you give to them. If you have had bad service at Stewarts, it won't be long before you get bad service at Maplefields.
Haha

Ticonderoga, NY

#4 Oct 21, 2013
I can say that i have def had plenty of customer service complaints at stewarts. I shop there everyday and am very friendly to everyone, and there are a few choice people that just can't seem to be friendly back. You would think they would want someone who is a loyal customer to stay that way, instead of treating them badly and them not wanting to come back.
Policy

Burlington, VT

#5 Oct 21, 2013
Perhaps they could look at some of their policies. I stopped going to Stewarts many years ago because I got tired of standing...and standing, waiting to pay them for gas while they were busy selling lottery tickets and actually waiting for the ticket buyer to scratch off their ticket and then buy another one, over and over. Crazy!
AMEN

Anonymous Proxy

#6 Oct 21, 2013
Exactly! And let me guess. They had a food stamp card in one hand and were spending their "cash" with the other, right?
Policy wrote:
Perhaps they could look at some of their policies. I stopped going to Stewarts many years ago because I got tired of standing...and standing, waiting to pay them for gas while they were busy selling lottery tickets and actually waiting for the ticket buyer to scratch off their ticket and then buy another one, over and over. Crazy!
i used to be there daily

Ticonderoga, NY

#7 Oct 21, 2013
Haha wrote:
I can say that i have def had plenty of customer service complaints at stewarts. I shop there everyday and am very friendly to everyone, and there are a few choice people that just can't seem to be friendly back. You would think they would want someone who is a loyal customer to stay that way, instead of treating them badly and them not wanting to come back.
You have to be talking about Beth from Putnam !
logan

Ticonderoga, NY

#8 Oct 21, 2013
I've never had a problem at Stewarts, but if I did I would certainly let Mike know.
disgusted

Ticonderoga, NY

#9 Oct 21, 2013
Haha..new place to rave about! Time to bash our local businesses! Typical..
Happy Day 1

Ticonderoga, NY

#10 Oct 28, 2013
I have been going to Stewart's right along and have had good customer service. The only thing is: they do not have enough help. Last night I stopped to get a couple of things and had to wait in line for almost '20' minutes. The clerks were going as fast as they could and the lines were getting longer. The one girl was doing ice cream orders and the other was cashing people out. Usually, they have '1-2' people in the back to help out, but if they had any, they weren't around at the time I was there.
face it

Crown Point, NY

#11 Oct 28, 2013
Stewarts has never been noted for being clean or giving fast service, I never go there any way.
Haha

Ticonderoga, NY

#12 Oct 28, 2013
My post has nothing to do with maplefields being any better, but stewarts has to keep up with competition. They are a company that will act like they are going under when they are making millions of dollars. They cut back there staff for the fall/winter months so they dont have to pay as much money out for workers. Over the summer, the employees worked on Independence Day with the thought that they were going to get paid time and a half for the holiday, and after they worked it and got their paycheck and realized they were paid regular pay the head manager told them that stewarts doesnt consider Independence day a holiday anymore. Pshhhh next they will say Christmas isnt a holiday and they can work that and not get paid. They lack in customer service because stewarts management doesnt care, they would rather save a buck then have enough people working to be able to wait on customers in a timely fashion. Most days there you work an 8 or more hr day and never get a break because there is not enough people working for you to be able to. Thats not illegal in NYS or nothing. Bahaha.
face it

Crown Point, NY

#13 Oct 28, 2013
Haha wrote:
My post has nothing to do with maplefields being any better, but stewarts has to keep up with competition. They are a company that will act like they are going under when they are making millions of dollars. They cut back there staff for the fall/winter months so they dont have to pay as much money out for workers. Over the summer, the employees worked on Independence Day with the thought that they were going to get paid time and a half for the holiday, and after they worked it and got their paycheck and realized they were paid regular pay the head manager told them that stewarts doesnt consider Independence day a holiday anymore. Pshhhh next they will say Christmas isnt a holiday and they can work that and not get paid. They lack in customer service because stewarts management doesnt care, they would rather save a buck then have enough people working to be able to wait on customers in a timely fashion. Most days there you work an 8 or more hr day and never get a break because there is not enough people working for you to be able to. Thats not illegal in NYS or nothing. Bahaha.
Interesting, July 4th not a holiday..news to me. But then for the most part we all work the 4th so others and out of towners can enjoy themselves. I hated being pushed to buy ice cream or whatever else they focused on to make sales. I don't like Stewarts ice cream, and the overall cosmetics of the store old and tiring. Haven't been to Maplefield's yet...large selections I am told and I have never seen a "dirty" Maplefields storefront for that matter. Stewarts has a crummy appearance and the signs in windows are tacky.hey better clean up a bit.
Ted

Port Henry, NY

#14 Oct 28, 2013
<Haha..new place to rave about! Time to bash our local businesses! Typical..>

Stewart's is not a local business. A Saratoga family named Dake owns Stewart's.

The Ti Stewart's is poorly managed, dirty and the windows are cluttered with clownish signs.

Where is the Stewart's district manager to let this happen? When I asked I was told she only cares about arcane promotional rules, not the way the stores are run.
not all bad

Memphis, TN

#15 Nov 2, 2013
logan wrote:
I've never had a problem at Stewarts, but if I did I would certainly let Mike know.
Not gonna do you much good now.....he's not there anymore, got moved to Port Henry store. Not sure who has Ti now.
logan

Ticonderoga, NY

#16 Nov 2, 2013
not all bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gonna do you much good now.....he's not there anymore, got moved to Port Henry store. Not sure who has Ti now.
Vera
angel-whispers

Mineville, NY

#17 Nov 2, 2013
WE WILL JUST SEE HOW GOOD HE DOUSE IN PH. WHEN HE DONT HEVE THE 2 PEOPLE THAT OPENED AND CLOED FOR THE STORE.ENY MORE. THEY WERE THE BEAST 2 WORKS THEY HAD. WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THAT STORE IS THE BOSS DONT WANT TO KEEP TE HELP NOT THE AOUTHER WAY AROUND.
voter

Ticonderoga, NY

#18 Nov 2, 2013
logan wrote:
<quoted text>
Vera
Maybe, Vera can control that troll Beth
ex employee of stewarts

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2013
I left there bc they don't kno how to treat there workers. u work over time and don't get it and only get paid for 14 hours when u worked 56 hours... I got my back pay as soon as I told them I had a lawyer. u can put in for ur vaca and get told u have it off and than they put u on to work the week bc they r short staffed even after u have u plans all set for vaca. cant recall how many times I had to change my plans so I got smart and got a plane ticket and showed it to them when they said I had to work that way I got it off.. if u bust ur ass for them the will treat u like shit. if u don't do shit for them u get a pay raise and over shit don't remember all the times others got a postion I wanted and work my ass off for... if someone is stealing from the the try to blame the one who busted their ass but it never work I got fed up wit it and left their bc I was sick of being treated like shit for all the work I did there.. to this day I don't go there so glad maplefields is open they have good coffee and everything is better than stewarts
WOW

Newington, CT

#20 Nov 6, 2013
angel-whispers wrote:
WE WILL JUST SEE HOW GOOD HE DOUSE IN PH. WHEN HE DONT HEVE THE 2 PEOPLE THAT OPENED AND CLOED FOR THE STORE.ENY MORE. THEY WERE THE BEAST 2 WORKS THEY HAD. WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THAT STORE IS THE BOSS DONT WANT TO KEEP TE HELP NOT THE AOUTHER WAY AROUND.
not too bad...terrible sentence structure and equally bad spelling...but it seems like u did it intentionally to hide your identity.that, or you had a little too much to drink..hmmm.very probable
dbq12

Ticonderoga, NY

#21 Nov 6, 2013
I have no problem with Stewarts other than the pushing of specials. I had a friend who worked there and employees are reprimanded if they do not sell the required specials. Sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-Mart hiring policy 10 hr Who the hell 9
Dunking Do Nots 10 hr Do you mean 41
Sexual harassment at Walmart 16 hr Zig 5
Paul Hurlburt Sr (Dec '09) Tue The Old and Pathetic 37
Your wrong Mon Unbearables Rising 1
Keith's meat market Sun XYZ 16
Planned parenthood Sun Oh those Liberals 10

Ticonderoga Jobs

Personal Finance

Ticonderoga Mortgages