Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Who else is happy about Maplefields coming into town?
TiRes

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Nice store. Buy a sandwich or snack there, but I'll buy gas from Jay's, don't care what the price is. Jay has been here for what, over 30 years and when you need a repair there is nobody more honest.
yeah but

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Jay turns off a lot of people with his snotty agitated attitude. I moved up here about 10 years ago and needed some work done on my car. Everyone said "call Jay's", which I did. He was so rude on phone that I have never given him a dime of my money. I have found plenty of "honest" auto repair men at other locations. I will drive down the street to save 20 cents per gallon everyday.
Omg

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Can't beat the gas prices or the selection. Haven't been to Stewarts since they opened and I was a regular there.
Omg

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

I also think jay is a great mechanic but it's kinda arrogant not to try and lower his gas price a little. If others can so can he for his customers.
Facts

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Omg wrote:
I also think jay is a great mechanic but it's kinda arrogant not to try and lower his gas price a little. If others can so can he for his customers.
No place in town will pump your gas for you. Personally, being disabled and with the cold weather approaching, will gladly pay a few cents more to have one the kind boys there pump my gas for me.
Thanks Jay!
Confused

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Jay's is the only place that I will go. The kids he employs ae great. He gives them a chance when most people wont and they turn it great upstanding citizens. His mechanics are great and there is never any issue when I bring my car in. Got my tires from there and got the best price even after checking all the big tires stores in glens falls. Keep it local people. Jay open up in the 70s and he is still here. He could have shut down years ago and found an easier way to make a living. Just remember when you need him he will be there. Can Maplefields fix your car,give you a tow or even deliver car back to your house when your service is done ? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong Maplefields is a great addition to town but you also have to remember they don't provide all services that one needs.
momma

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Confused wrote:
Jay's is the only place that I will go. The kids he employs ae great. He gives them a chance when most people wont and they turn it great upstanding citizens. His mechanics are great and there is never any issue when I bring my car in. Got my tires from there and got the best price even after checking all the big tires stores in glens falls. Keep it local people. Jay open up in the 70s and he is still here. He could have shut down years ago and found an easier way to make a living. Just remember when you need him he will be there. Can Maplefields fix your car,give you a tow or even deliver car back to your house when your service is done ? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong Maplefields is a great addition to town but you also have to remember they don't provide all services that one needs.
Well said. I've been here 18 years and I will only go to Jay, he has helped me out more than once and is always honest. I have heard several times that he is short over the phone and I can say I do understand that if you were under a vehicle or elbow deep in a engine it might be a bit upsetting to take a call.
Maplefields is awesome love the coffee, which is 51 cents, great sandwiches and pizza and a clean lovely store.
hello

Dunstable, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Confused wrote:
you also have to remember jays doesn't provide all of the services maplefields does.you're comparing anauto garage to a convenience store?... Apples to oranges...please....let's see.....well maple fields has better pizza than jays.oh and the sandwiches are better..hmm..I went to get a beer a jays at 2am and I'll be,,,,,, they weren't open!!!.
momma

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Facts wrote:
<quoted text>No place in town will pump your gas for you. Personally, being disabled and with the cold weather approaching, will gladly pay a few cents more to have one the kind boys there pump my gas for me.
Thanks Jay!
Jays is lower now
one thing

Mineville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

One thing no one can argue is that maplefields is the reason people in ti are paying 3.18 for gas and not 3.50 like Crown Point, Moriah etc.....
Spike

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

yeah but wrote:
Jay turns off a lot of people with his snotty agitated attitude. I moved up here about 10 years ago and needed some work done on my car. Everyone said "call Jay's", which I did. He was so rude on phone that I have never given him a dime of my money. I have found plenty of "honest" auto repair men at other locations. I will drive down the street to save 20 cents per gallon everyday.
Auto mechanics mostly hate taking phone calls, especially in the middle of the day. Call, or better yet go in person early or late in the day to make an appointment if you want the best service.
agree

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Confused wrote:
AMEN TO THAT!
Happy Joy Kill

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Why the big fat hike in the gas prices. Was 3.17 this morning,now 3.47?
Greed

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

Judged:

Party is over! Lured you in and bam......
MOTORIST

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Greed wrote:
Party is over! Lured you in and bam......
Well, If Vallee doesn't come back down on his gas prices, I'll go elsewhere. Just because it is a nice new store, Everything is the same price, or more. The only good priced item is the pizza. Mr. Vallee, These gas stations around Ti, Have been gouging the people for years. I thought you were going to help us out a little. Don't let them complain to you. LOWER THE GAS PRICES AGAIN, AND MAKE THOSE GREEDY A$$HOLES FOLLOW SUIT, OTHERWISE WE REALLY HAVE NO REASON TO COME TO YOUR STORE!!!!!
TiRes

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

MOTORIST wrote:
<quoted text>Well, If Vallee doesn't come back down on his gas prices, I'll go elsewhere. Just because it is a nice new store, Everything is the same price, or more. The only good priced item is the pizza. Mr. Vallee, These gas stations around Ti, Have been gouging the people for years. I thought you were going to help us out a little. Don't let them complain to you. LOWER THE GAS PRICES AGAIN, AND MAKE THOSE GREEDY A$$HOLES FOLLOW SUIT, OTHERWISE WE REALLY HAVE NO REASON TO COME TO YOUR STORE!!!!!
Don't blame the local gas stations. They make very little per gallon on gas sales. Do a little homework before blasting the local stations.
Tires is right

Mineville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

Local gas station make anywhere from 2 cents to around up to 10 cents per gallon. So if someone fills up a full size truck most tanks are 25-26 gallon tanks so that gas station is only making .50 on the low end up to max 2.50 per sale The gas station make their money from you coming inside and buying something.
Facts

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

I have gotten food there twice. As someone else posted, the pizza is good and is reasonably priced. The other food did not impress me one bit. I ordered a sandwich yesterday. It took 10 minutes to get it (no, it was not toasted) and the only flavor it had was salty! I could not taste any of the meat or cheese on it. Honestly, I have given this place 2 chances and no improvement. I will not order from there ever again!
Cheap

Ticonderoga, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Jays is almost 30 cents cheaper a gallon. I am going to Jays. By by Maplefield's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Ticonderoga Forum right now

Search the Ticonderoga Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WINDCHILL ICE CREAM PLACE in TICONDEROGA 30 min welldone 12
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 7 hr marvinstevens 16,761
what to do on thurs. here? 8 hr omg 4
taxi of ti Sat camp man 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
wic/welfare trash Jul 10 Barb B 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ticonderoga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE