Disarm or not to Disarm
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MrChing

Endicott, NY

#21 Mar 31, 2013
MrChing have assault rifle. make burglar look like swiss cheese.
George Washington

Roanoke, VA

#22 Apr 1, 2013
The second amendment is there for a very important reason and that is not hunting or self defense. It is to protect the peoples from an over powered government that doesint have restricsons and is running out of control, abusing peoples rights.

The second amendment was put ther to protect the first amendment as well as the amendments after that. during 1776 the british empire was taxing us violating our most basic rights. thats why we have this and it is not a smart idea to disarm.

WHEN THE PEOPLE FEAR THE GOVERNMENT WE HAVE TYRANNYL; WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FEARS THE PEOPLE WE HAVE LIBERTY
Jackal

Mineville, NY

#23 Apr 2, 2013
it's amazing the ignorance you people have of the functioning of your government. The government couldn't agree on ordering out for lunch, let alone taking anyone's guns. Regardless of the propaganda churned out by the National Rifle Association, Obama is not a nazi and the government is not out to take anyone's firearms. Basically, what this has become is a national question. How do we as a nation keep what happened in Connecticut from happening again. Did any of you happen to read the statistics from that massacre? The math alone is disturbing. Lanza was deadly accurate and fast. Investigators figured that he was firing at least two rounds per second with a 90% kill rate... Many victims were hit more than 5 times in what are considered 'kill zones' on a human body.
So you're going to sit there and tell me that nothing should be done? I am a gun owner myself and in no way am I fearful of some governmental conspiracy. Things like that are the stuff of fiction... Our government is so dysfunctional, they couldn't do a dine and dash out a restaurant without screwing it up.

Also, I have to ask, how many of you have actually READ your own constitution... I mean read it on your own time? Precious damn few, i'd imagine. You need to realize that the something needs to be done. I love the propaganda all over facebook... It centers on women versus rapists and there is always the image of a pistol there. One gentleman had commented that the best weapon a woman can carry versus a rapist is a knife... at least a 4" blade. Deadly up close, wounds or kills the attacker which makes identifying him easier and gives the woman and avenue of escape. With a pistol, the person can miss, it can be dropped or it can be taken away by an attacker.
Home defense is another old chestnut propped up by the loonies over at the NRA. Did you know that statistically, a home owner is more likely to be killed by his own gun than a burglar? And people always go for a pistol. Wrong answer. You want home defense? Shotgun, sawed-off or otherwise. Devastating in close quarters. Guaranteed you could be Stevie Wonder and still hit the home invader, wounding or incapacitating him (or her oddly enough) enough for the police to arrive and take them away.
But nooooooooooooo, the NRA has you gassed up that the big bad gubberment is going to take you little guns away.
What horseshit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topics 15 hr alreadyinhell 9
Natasha 15 hr Shame Shame 1
useless police Tue Nancy Guttenberg 33
building inspecter Tue Doa 12
Lifted jeep Tue Justme 4
da Mar 26 Nancy Guttenberg 4
Code Enforcement Nightmare Mar 26 Bill Ball 27

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance