NO

Undecided

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Watchful

Cobleskill, NY

#1 May 24, 2008
Yes, police and security personnel should be issued tasers. It is vitally important that such people have access to non-lethal technologies to be able to handle extremely violent situations. Perpetrators have been known to wrestle firearms away from police and security with great frequency. This then leaves these personnel and those they protect at an even greater disadvantage with possibly lethal results.

Make sure police and security are trained with the tasers and you can be assured that they will use them responsibly and not simply resort to them the first chance they get.

Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't issued tasers to the security guards at the paper mill.
me in Ti

Cobleskill, NY

#2 May 24, 2008
I wish I had one of them. That would be really cool. If you gave one to the security guards at the mill probably should give on to each bus driver, each teacher,etc..etc... You gotta draw the line somewhere. Can you imagine what your kids would be like when they got home from school?
Willow

Cobleskill, NY

#3 May 24, 2008
I say "NO". The State Police are in this area most of the 24/7, any "criminal" these guys can not handle just call the State Police. No, Lasers for these Ti cops.
Willow

Cobleskill, NY

#4 May 24, 2008
Sorry TASERS is the word. Sorry, typo error
dawnmarie

United States

#5 May 25, 2008
Tasers?!! Where do they think we are living? They already have pepper spray don't they? I mean the most trouble we have around here are the bars on the weekends...I think it would cause an awful lot of trouble the first unruly teen that gets zapped, because theres no place to hang out! We are not NYC yet..
Just wondering

Schoharie, NY

#6 May 25, 2008
dawnmarie wrote:
Tasers?!! Where do they think we are living? They already have pepper spray don't they? I mean the most trouble we have around here are the bars on the weekends...I think it would cause an awful lot of trouble the first unruly teen that gets zapped, because theres no place to hang out! We are not NYC yet..
actualy you only hear of the weekend bar room problems. but what most people fail to see if the domestic violence, being high or drunk, or ect.
i have seen where it takes 3 police officers to put down one person and put them in ancle and wrist cuffs becuase that person was so high.
Cazman

Memphis, TN

#7 May 25, 2008
Cazman says no.
for the obvious reasons.
me in Ti

Cobleskill, NY

#8 May 25, 2008
I would much rather get tazed than shot by a 9mm. Think about that one.
a-hole

United States

#9 May 26, 2008
they can go fishing at the ferry landing,again....
ti resident

Schoharie, NY

#10 May 26, 2008
why do the cops need tasers,when was there was a braul at a bar or even a home.where the cops was called and they didn't stop fighting,let's see how much pepper spray was bought and used in the last three years to justify the purchase of tasers.how many times do you see a car ulled over and see 2 or more cops there for a traffic ticket.and as far as the ti cops getting another dog,look at the money that would be spent on that a car dedicated to the dog,shots for the dog ,food,paying out houseing for when the cop goes on vacation, how often are state police called to bring in a dog for searches for people drugs etc. wkae up people this is all tax payers money being spent for no reason.please don't use the excuse about bring the dog into the schools for drugs.90% of the drugs in there are prescriptive drugs.and they won't find them.
Busy

Crown Point, NY

#11 May 27, 2008
What a joke. Whats next? A swat team? Maybe a chopper? These cops have too much time to watch TV. I say give them a bike and save the taxpayers some money.
disgusted

United States

#12 May 27, 2008
the taser would just be an excuse for these cops to use there weapons mor often they are a bunch of power hungery people that shopuld be given no le way at all.
Idocare

Moonachie, NJ

#13 May 27, 2008
I don't want to go over the top with why there shouldn't be a use of tasers in Ti but a big NO! I just pray that whoever makes the decision thinks long and hard...look at the stats on deaths with use of tasers in the "Big Cities" why do we need tasers in Ti??? Crazy
TI Teacher

Cobleskill, NY

#14 May 27, 2008
me in Ti wrote:
I wish I had one of them. That would be really cool. If you gave one to the security guards at the mill probably should give on to each bus driver, each teacher,etc..etc... You gotta draw the line somewhere. Can you imagine what your kids would be like when they got home from school?
You idiot only the cops get them not security guards or school officals. Also they are illegal for citizens in N.Y if only you knew any thing.
Emergeny

Cobleskill, NY

#15 May 27, 2008
Yes
me in Ti

Cobleskill, NY

#16 May 27, 2008
TI Teacher wrote:
<quoted text> You idiot only the cops get them not security guards or school officals. Also they are illegal for citizens in N.Y if only you knew any thing.
I'm quite sure that you must be one of those Teachers that have no clue as to what goes on in your own classroom. I was being sarcastic, Not realistic. I do support the tasers for the Ti PD. I think it would be a very usefull tool at their disposal. This would make our Officers safer when dealing with some of the Drug addicts we have in town. I do know a lot. I do know that you attacked me because I was being sarcastic. You probably read it incorrectly, probably the same way you correct your students papers...With that said...Either way you attacked an opinion with a cold and mean response, which concerns me because you are probably teaching or will teach one of my children. I shudder to think that you may have some affect on them...Good Day!
me in Ti

Cobleskill, NY

#17 May 27, 2008
Busy wrote:
What a joke. Whats next? A swat team? Maybe a chopper? These cops have too much time to watch TV. I say give them a bike and save the taxpayers some money.
I don't think those items are in the budget. LOL
Thank you

Cobleskill, NY

#18 May 27, 2008
To "me in Ti" I do not believe Ti cops use 9mm revolvers. If I remember correctly, please correct me if I am wrong, they were dissatisfied with 9mm and requested 40 caliber and that is what they are using now. Anyone know for a fact, please let us know.

Anyone would think we lived in NYC or some ghetto where there is violent crime. In my life time we have had many Ti police officers and they have not needed tasers to perform their duties. Are the present officers less qualified to handle their jobs? If so, replace them.

If they are confronted by a violent criminal, call the State Police they are in Ti area and available most of the time. Use their pepper spray; but definitely no TASER... NO NO NO
Just wondering

Schoharie, NY

#19 May 27, 2008
i think they all watch too much "bad boys" tv show.. more and more of the show is showing crimials being brought down with tasers.
Saved this one

United States

#20 May 28, 2008
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A quick shock from a Taser may have zapped a man's fluttering heart back into a healthy rhythm, doctors reported on Tuesday.
They cited the incident as evidence that the devices, which are used by police who want to use less-than-deadly force to incapacitate people but are condemned by some civil rights groups as dangerous, may affect the heart as critics allege.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber crowe working at Caz's store 35 min Break 14
Darrin West (Jul '17) 20 hr Just an observation 14
So whose ratting now? 20 hr Curiousity 1
Lisa P (Jun '17) Thu Goo 9
How many people will not be going to Caz's stor... Thu Ya ok 7
Tired of winning Thu Make America Last 1
Dylan Overbeek Wed Town 2

Ticonderoga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance