Doctors and Pain Meds

Anonymous Proxy

#1 Aug 2, 2013
I recently had a conversation with a pharmacist who 1) did NOT break any confidences, but 2) did indicate that there are still a lot of doctors out there who are writing and writing and writing prescriptions for pain killers for patients, sometimes for years. All the while 1) the "reason" for the prescriptions are very sketchy--like maybe a little physical therapy would do, and 2) of course, a lot of these expensive meds are paid for by...you guessed it...MEDICAID.

This pharmacist thinks these doctors should be arrested!(Partly because the taxpayers end up paying for repeat trip to "rehab" too!) WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Facts

Ticonderoga, NY

#2 Aug 2, 2013
I was beat up by a mentally incompetent person at work. It resulted in surgery. An auto accident wrecked the successful surgery. I have been on pain meds since 2009 and it doesn't look like thats gonna change in the near future. I have had injections and physical therapy since the accident. Because I can't work, I have Medicaid. I praise my local doctor because they don't like just handing out medication. They do pill counts and drug testing.
I thank God for my doctor!
Please

Mineville, NY

#3 Aug 2, 2013
HIPPA laws should prevent any pharmacist from discussing any information they have about anyone or any doctor.They have a hotline number they can use to whistle blow if they feel a need and I am sure they can share their concerns with law enforcement.Discussing these concerns with you is a federal offense and you are not any better whining on here.I think it is time to investigate those who continue to share private matters.
Chronic pain

South Burlington, VT

#4 Aug 2, 2013
I hope you never have a chronic pain issue. You will eat these words.
kathy cole

Port Henry, NY

#5 Aug 2, 2013
MAYBE your just mad you cant get eny pain meds for yourself is that it?
Anybody can

South Burlington, VT

#6 Aug 2, 2013
Doctor shopping. Drug seekers. All over the country and definitely in Ti. We all know that. I've known more druggies than people who have genuine pain, but I don't keep them for friends. Doctors are easily dupped. There a lot of people in denial about their need for drugs. Sad.
Anybody can

South Burlington, VT

#7 Aug 2, 2013
This is just plain childish.
kathy cole wrote:
MAYBE your just mad you cant get eny pain meds for yourself is that it?
pain

Corinth, NY

#8 Aug 3, 2013
Being in pain every second of every day sucks, no one in there right mind wants to take these poisons, but some of us have no other options.
Nurse

Ticonderoga, NY

#9 Aug 3, 2013
Anybody can wrote:
This is just plain childish.
<quoted text>
Agreed very childish.
could it be

New York, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2013
I am sure you got your info from Rite Aide because those girls run there mouths well one dose no one person nor doctor know any ones true pain yes there alot of people that get there scripts an sell them but not everyone dose so the good people that take them like they should should be punished for what the lowlifes do an a pharmasist is just a pharmasist they have no clue what you are getting meds for so y should they run there mouth
though

Ticonderoga, NY

#11 Aug 3, 2013
Maybe he said Medicare?
Unless your doctor makes a point and follows up, if there is a generic drug that works similarly, Medicaid insists you use that. If you want to use a newer or experimental med, sometimes it will take month to get the OK. What you state they told you was most certainly the case for years. I know a lot of doctors are the type to write scrips instead of finding the root of a symptom, and some should be charged with malpractice (and some are). The pharmacist can report unscrupulous doctors to more than one place/board/authority since their license can be revoked too. If you're talking about opoids, both can lose everything.... Medicaid won't look the other way forever. People who self-pay are able to get away with it longer, but prescribers should do more than worry.
You may want to transfer your meds to another place.
Hippa

Ticonderoga, NY

#12 Aug 3, 2013
I'm sure the pharmacist that shared this info with the original poster of this discussion is pleased that you shared on topix. Lessened will be learned after he or she loses his or her job.
Get over it

Crown Point, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2013
If u read the original post you will see that no names were mentioned. This person was just discussing Ti and local areas. The over prescribing of pain meds. No HIPPA laws were broke. Generalization are not against the law.
Anybody can

South Burlington, VT

#14 Aug 3, 2013
VERY interesting idea! Hmmm...
though wrote:
Maybe he said Medicare?
I know a lot of doctors are the type to write scrips instead of finding the root of a symptom, and some should be charged with malpractice (and some are).
agree

Ticonderoga, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2013
Doctors and Pain Meds wrote:
I recently had a conversation with a pharmacist who 1) did NOT break any confidences, but 2) did indicate that there are still a lot of doctors out there who are writing and writing and writing prescriptions for pain killers for patients, sometimes for years. All the while 1) the "reason" for the prescriptions are very sketchy--like maybe a little physical therapy would do, and 2) of course, a lot of these expensive meds are paid for by...you guessed it...MEDICAID.
This pharmacist thinks these doctors should be arrested!(Partly because the taxpayers end up paying for repeat trip to "rehab" too!) WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Doctors are the number 1 drug pushers in the county. they write pain killers for everything.DEA need to start in doctors office and work their way to the street pushers.
Achey

Saratoga Springs, NY

#16 Aug 4, 2013
T hink about all your pill popping friends and enemies. Do you want to be seen as they are? I was in a car accident myself,offered some oxy,asked for limited supply.Those who become addicted probably never followed there dosage cause they wanted to get high.Toughen up and stop whineassing what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger. Besides you poppers look like shit. Get it together for yourself and your family addicts are only a piece of their former selves. Reality is where life is at.
It is HIPAA

San Diego, CA

#17 Aug 5, 2013
Since you clearly do not know how H-I-P-A-A works, here is something to read:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance...

Now, PLEASE go educated yourself!
Please wrote:
HIPPA laws should prevent any pharmacist from discussing any information they have about anyone or any doctor.They have a hotline number they can use to whistle blow if they feel a need and I am sure they can share their concerns with law enforcement.Discussing these concerns with you is a federal offense and you are not any better whining on here.I think it is time to investigate those who continue to share private matters.
I know

San Diego, CA

#18 Aug 5, 2013
I know all about these adulterers and gossips. NO thank you!
could it be wrote:
I am sure you got your info from Rite Aide because those girls run there mouths well one dose no one person nor doctor know any ones true pain yes there alot of people that get there scripts an sell them but not everyone dose so the good people that take them like they should should be punished for what the lowlifes do an a pharmasist is just a pharmasist they have no clue what you are getting meds for so y should they run there mouth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ticonderoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Press Pressrepulican 3 hr upset 3
Jaime baker smith 7 hr Good god 2
Courtney Rowe Ho takes two 7 hr Good god 2
does anyone kno where he is 17 hr Nicole 43
child endangerment (Nov '09) 19 hr Icky nikki 41
prostitution 19 hr Truth 18
Do you remember Home Comfort Band (Jan '09) Thu John Moran 4
More from around the web

Ticonderoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE