“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

#18664 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? What is with your constant race baiting? Haven't you had enough of it for awhile. I mean dang, give it a rest, you racist basterd. Please?
Why is it that the United States Government keeps every imaginable statistic regarding race?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18665 Jul 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
With those Yankees snapping at your heels as you retreat from PA it's easy to understand your fractured history lesson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Strateg...
Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime ....(DELETED FOR SPACE)
“ I believe in states' rights.... I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment.”
He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."[1] The use of the phrase was seen by some as a tacit appeal to Southern white voters and a continuation of Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy, while others argued it merely reflected his libertarian economic beliefs.
Let's pay attention to that last line again:
"WHILE OTHERS ARGUED IT MERELY REFLECTED HIS LIBERTARIAN ECONOMIC BELIEFS." - DUH.

(cont)
==========
The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy
By CLAY RISEN

Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats.(This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.

To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues.“But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says,“they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope.“If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says,“then they can get it back.”
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#18666 Jul 18, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Courtesy of your favorite liberal.
Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment.

Being called a "liberal",
by "General Robert E. Lee",
the man who killed 625,000 Americans,
in an attempt to destroy the United States of America,
and keep his slaves.

Hey.. bin Laden only killed 3,000, and he didn't do it to get to keep his slaves.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18667 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should have supported Willard- "you Medicare and Social Security parasites should just die" Romney.
No thanks.
Keep trying.
ObamaCare is great and nobody with an IQ above their pet chicken is surprised Obama doesn't support unions.
America's corporate masters and their scabs have always controlled politicians.
It won't affect me. My pension and healthcare are guaranteed for life - and when Medicare kicks in - it turns into a 100% supplement - so I still won't pay a dime.
Thank you FOP
In case you missed this. NOTHING is guaranteed for life now except death and taxes. You should know that. Don't get too comfortable.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#18668 Jul 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>IO is a lunatic. I don't know how anyone gets that insane. Well, the unions are getting it thrown in their faces by Obama and they probably invested millions in him. Maybe that has pushed him over the edge.
Now, now, that Thorazine is on the way. We'll ask the nice nurse to open up another Medicaid bed for you at a "less secure" facility as soon as we can.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18669 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....
What have been our choices:
Support Bush, a rich,(inherited his $), hypocritical, cowardly, draft-dodging, deficit exploding, debt-doubling, American troop-killing Right Wing Wacko buffoon whose main job was to say "Sir, Yes Sir" to Cheney;
Then
Support McCain, a rich,(married his $), Right Wing Wacko like McCain, who was so moronic he decided torture,(which he previously condemned), was a good thing; that invading Iraq was brilliant, and picked Sarah Palin, an embarrassment to intelligent women everywhere, as a potential V.P.;
or
Support Romney, a rich,(inherited his $), cowardly, draft-dodging, tax-evading, hypocritical, job killing, company bankrupting, greedy bastard.
Damn... I'd love to vote for a true Conservative- Republican or Democrat.
Obama isn't my choice, but Republicans have been giving us buffoons, war criminals, and corporate tools for the last 20 years.
Hey, good luck on that true conservative thing- as best I can determine from these wackos, there are only about three in congress now. All the rest are just RINO's, turncoats, and libroids dressed in drag- but they won't tell me which three are the real 'conservative republicans'.

Location hidden

#18670 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should have supported Willard- "you Medicare and Social Security parasites should just die" Romney.
No thanks.
Keep trying.
ObamaCare is great and nobody with an IQ above their pet chicken is surprised Obama doesn't support unions.
America's corporate masters and their scabs have always controlled politicians.
It won't affect me. My pension and healthcare are guaranteed for life - and when Medicare kicks in - it turns into a 100% supplement - so I still won't pay a dime.
Thank you FOP
For your reading pleasure....

"The Obama administration has thus far issued waivers from Obama-care’s onerous requirements to unions representing 543,812 workers. By contrast, the administration has issued waivers for only 69,813 nonunion workers. While these waivers are a significant benefit, they accrue to a small fraction of the nation’s 14 million union workers. Further, many of the waivers have been granted on an annual basis, and no waiver has been granted for longer than two-and-a-half years. Eventually even union health plans are going to have to comply with Obama-care regulations."

“Marble Man”

Destin, FL

#18671 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh hush. I wasn't even talking to you. I was simply sayin that I was tired of talking about race. It all that anybody's been talking about and no one needs race baiters like him to keep it going. There are more important things to discuss than race. Oh and how do you think I'm leftie? What is your reasoning for calling me that?
How am I a race baiter? In all honesty, I wish that absolutely no statistics of any kind regarding race are allowed to be kept. I wish we were all on the same playing field. But we're not. The liberals want total control over who gets what, and when, and crucify anyone who doesn't see it their way.

You want to discuss something else, bring it on, if you can learn to converse in short, direct dialogues, and answer direct questions without deflection.

“Marble Man”

Destin, FL

#18672 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment.
It is neither, just the truth. Just like you need a history lesson for events prior to 2008.

Location hidden

#18673 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get "fact" inserts along with those good stamp vouchers at the nursing home ?
I bet those nurses are taking them before they bring your strained peaches to your Medicaid bed.
Don't worry, we taxpayers will work extra hard for you because that Medicare provided Xanax you're taking just ain't working any more,
or
maybe your just cranky because the rest of the folks on the ward won't let you watch "Housewives of Blairsville"' on the community TV.
If we can get your TV program for you, can I not have to support you even more ? Taking care of you Right Wing Wackos and your families is getting pretty costly.
Whatsamatta? You can't handle the truth. I've touched a nerve. It's okay for you to call names and insult over and over, but when it's handed back, you scream like a little girl. You don't like the message so you attack the messenger. Typical left wing lunatic union thug. Take it to the chaplain, partner, because I don't care.

Location hidden

#18675 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh hush. I wasn't even talking to you. I was simply sayin that I was tired of talking about race. It all that anybody's been talking about and no one needs race baiters like him to keep it going. There are more important things to discuss than race. Oh and how do you think I'm leftie? What is your reasoning for calling me that?
I "think" he was replying to one of Jeb's posts. You must admit, race is front and center in the news right now. This administration and the media are working overtime on it.
Why

Demorest, GA

#18676 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pay attention to that last line again:
"WHILE OTHERS ARGUED IT MERELY REFLECTED HIS LIBERTARIAN ECONOMIC BELIEFS." - DUH.
(cont)
==========
The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy
By CLAY RISEN
Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”
It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats.(This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)
The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t.
To be sure, Shafer says, many whites in the South aggressively opposed liberal Democrats on race issues.“But when folks went to the polling booths,” he says,“they didn’t shoot off their own toes. They voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences.” Shafer says these results should give liberals hope.“If Southern politics is about class and not race,” he says,“then they can get it back.”

While the economy has a big impact on voter preference under normal circumstances, today we do not live under normal circumstances when the voters into office for a second term a president who has ruined America's economy. We will never see good paying jobs across a wide spectrum again.

Why

Demorest, GA

#18677 Jul 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatsamatta? You can't handle the truth. I've touched a nerve. It's okay for you to call names and insult over and over, but when it's handed back, you scream like a little girl. You don't like the message so you attack the messenger. Typical left wing lunatic union thug. Take it to the chaplain, partner, because I don't care.

A little girl huh?? ROFL.

Why

Demorest, GA

#18678 Jul 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I "think" he was replying to one of Jeb's posts. You must admit, race is front and center in the news right now. This administration and the media are working overtime on it.

And Holder is burning the midnight oil trying to find a way to charge Zimmerman with something, or anything to appease Sharpton and Jackson.
While Obama is wringing his hands on how to fool the union thugs once a gain.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18679 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
The content of most of your posts and which posters you support on here make it rather obvious which
party you support. I will admit that given your strong pro-life stance and your position on immigration, your continued support of the Democratic party does baffle me. How anyone with your pro-life stance can continue to vote for a party for which abortion is virtually a sacrament is hard to understand. Look at the conniption fit being thrown over a bill that simply says that 5 months is plenty of time for a woman to decide if she wants to have an abortion.

Location hidden

#18680 Jul 18, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, that Thorazine is on the way. We'll ask the nice nurse to open up another Medicaid bed for you at a "less secure" facility as soon as we can.
YOU are the government parasite. You've bragged about it enough. Stand up and be proud.

You are in for a HUGE disappointment. Yep! The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Look out belooooooooooow. Union thug is on his way.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#18681 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
This is a bill that all americans should get behind.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/may-2...
I agree but many of ideas for this law is already law. They just are not enforced. What makes you think if this law is passed it would be treated any differently than the existing laws?
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#18682 Jul 18, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. He considers himself a "real" American. What a joke.
Maybe you could help.

A friend of mine, a Normal Human Being, wants to do his Doctoral Thesis on "The Mind,(of lack thereof, of a Right Wong Wacko.

He is researching these issues:

- Why are Right Wing Wackos so proud of being Wackos ?

- Is there an award given on Right Wing Wacko Planet to the "Wackiest Wacko".

- When confronted by the reality that your a Right Wing Wacko - is there ever a desire to become normal ?

and

Since Right Wing Wackos, by definition, are unable to care for themselves and their families, and survive on government funds and benefits, do they ever consider how hypocritically silly they appear claiming to be "self-sufficient" ?

There'll be more questions as the survey is expanded to include questions like :

Why do Right Wing Wackos admire and support adulterous, draft-dodging, hooker-hiring, tax- avoiding, politicians so much, while claiming they despise them ?

We'd tell you how to find the results of the survey, but since Right Wing Wackos prefer to remain ignorant -there really would be no point.

Thanks for your help.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#18683 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Here's what the ICE Council President had to say about the amnesty bill that is in the House. It's funny how Washington makes out like these people are so peaceful and are only here to work. Yeah right. They are criminals. Remember ICE is the only ones allowed to enforce any immigration laws. They know what's going on.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
Yes, they know and so do we.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18684 Jul 18, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The content of most of your posts and which posters you support on here make it rather obvious which
party you support. I will admit that given your strong pro-life stance and your position on immigration, your continued support of the Democratic party does baffle me. How anyone with your pro-life stance can continue to vote for a party for which abortion is virtually a sacrament is hard to understand. Look at the conniption fit being thrown over a bill that simply says that 5 months is plenty of time for a woman to decide if she wants to have an abortion.
First off you forgot to mention that I'm not a fan of queers gettin married either. Didn't you? That's another point that discredits your evaluation of me. Ya think? Why is it so hard to believe that there are independent americans that doesn't agree or disagree totally with either party? I personally think 20 weeks is to long. That is legal murder.
(IMO)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thunderbolt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Intercoastal Auto (Mar '14) Tue Sherri waters 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Sep 8 FearDevil 145
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
US Department of Labor encourage work place vio... (Jul '13) Sep 3 We told you 15
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Aug 27 starlust24 49
Sweet William and the Stereos (Aug '11) Aug 19 Sam 5
•••
•••
•••

Thunderbolt Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Thunderbolt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••