Bush: Former Army cook's crimes warrant execution

Full story: TwinCities.com

Police in Michigan have arrested a man who they say tried to steal posters and other items related to the new Batman movie from a cinema lobby while dressed up as the Joker.
Comments
41 - 46 of 46 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

I guess the cook got himself cooked. Fire up Old Sparkey, no wait this it too good for him. The DFL suggests that all we need to give him are hugs and that we don't understand his culture of raping and murdering.
Rinny

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Kill the POS. I am sick of my tax dollars (federal and state) going to pay for pieces of crap like this guy to live forever in prison. Prison life may not be "easy" but it's a lot easier than being a contributing member of society. String him up and let him die. The 3-appeals and you're done idea was a good one! Why should I pay lawyers to appeal a decision such as this one? I am sick of it!
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Independent Voter wrote:
I wonder if GWB sees the inconsistency in supporting the death penalty and not supporting abortion. I would guess not. He is clearly a non-thinker.
I am pro-choice yet I do not see any connection between supporting the death penalty and not supporting a woman's right to chose. They are two totally separate issues in my opinion.
Old Fart

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

The guy deserves his punishment and this is one the few times that I have ever agreed with a Baby Bush decision.

Of course, knowing G.W., he'll probably want to stage the execution at the start of the Republican National Convention or during the 7th inning stretch at a Rangers game.
JTY

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

MNNavy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Gitmo IS considered U.S. soil (as are all foreign military bases). However, as "foreign combatants", the prisoners held there don't have the rights that U.S. citizens have.
The courts agree with you that it is US soil. That was part of their findings a few months back. Our current administration tried to say that it is not US soil and not subject to the US constitution. Also the constitution does not just say what rights US citizens has, it also limits the powers that the US government has.
Gndydncr

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Jim B wrote:
How will executing him restore the lives of his victims? He was already convicted in state court and was going to spend the rest of his life in prison so he is no danger to others. Execution is barbaric; it does not deter others and it does not return life to the dead victims. How does a state sanctioned killing serve any interests beyond blood lust?
There is no discipline that will ever restore victims, so that argument is baseless. Execution is not done out of hatred, it is deserved punishment which perpetrators bring upon themselves as a result of their barbaric behavior. Contrary to your opinion, it does deter others. Executions are also a matter of security and economics. A dead person cannot escape, be paroled, or be pardoned so that they may kill again. The cost of execution is far less than the cost of feeding and housing a person who society has determined is no longer fit to live. This type of punishment is reserved for the dregs of society who no longer have any redeeming value whatsoever.

As an aside, do you have any feelings about killing an unborn baby who has done absolutely nothing against anyone except to exist? What can be done to restore these people's lives?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Three Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
He having baby!! Aug 23 Johnny Parrish 2
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Aug 17 Capital Airlines 795
pedophile Aug 14 victim 1
Sobriety court about to become an option for dr... (Dec '11) Jul '14 slippin 2
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
•••
•••
•••

Three Rivers Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Three Rivers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Three Rivers News, Events & Info