Plane crash in St. Joseph County

Plane crash in St. Joseph County

There are 2 comments on the WWMT-TV Kalamazoo story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Plane crash in St. Joseph County. In it, WWMT-TV Kalamazoo reports that:

The Three Rivers Fire Department says a plane has crashed on the St. Joseph River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWMT-TV Kalamazoo.

Gary Caron

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Jan 7, 2009
It is distressing to hear your report say the plane "fell" out of the sky onto the ice. I am a pilot and it is more likely that the pilot was forced to make an emergency landing on the ice. Pilots are trained to perform emergency landings and are under control during the manouver. It is probabaly not accurate to say the plane fell onto the ice. That would indicate the aircraft was not in control at the time. An aircraft falling onto the ice out of control would likely have broken through the ice.
pilot

Wyoming, MI

#2 Jan 15, 2009
Gary Caron wrote:
It is distressing to hear your report say the plane "fell" out of the sky onto the ice. I am a pilot and it is more likely that the pilot was forced to make an emergency landing on the ice. Pilots are trained to perform emergency landings and are under control during the manouver. It is probabaly not accurate to say the plane fell onto the ice. That would indicate the aircraft was not in control at the time. An aircraft falling onto the ice out of control would likely have broken through the ice.
agreed. it irks me to no end how clueless reporters are when it comes to aviation topics. btw, this was a beech bonanza (not a cessna as some news sites are reporting) and it made a forced landing because of icing. it was bound for the three rivers airport from brownsville tx by way of branson, missouri. pilot and passenger (a father and son) and a dog were all OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Three Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Haunted: Purgatory area in Constantine, Michiga... (Jul '08) Wed Vintage girl1969 212
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Mar 19 KLE 823
A good person needs help Mar 14 Rae 2
Girlfriend doesn't want to help w/ household bills (Apr '13) Sep '16 Dude243 14
Share of bills (Jul '16) Jul '16 Xjdmxkingx 1
Lori O'Connor (Apr '16) Apr '16 Privateiohio 1
News Man Gets 30-60 Years In Prison For Sexual Assau... (Jan '16) Jan '16 7-17-32-34-59-(28) 1

Three Rivers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Three Rivers Mortgages