UAW, American Axle reach deal

A bitter 80-day United Auto Workers strike against an auto parts maker that has crippled dozens of General Motors Corp. Full Story
UNION SUPPORTER

Holland, MI

#1 May 17, 2008
Yes!
Jimmy Jon

United States

#2 May 18, 2008
Are you KIDDING!?$10 an hour for non-skilled and $22 for skilled trades? What plumber/electrician/carpenter works for $22 an hour? WHat a joke.

VOTE NO! Send em back to the table!

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/i...

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#3 May 18, 2008
UNION SUPPORTER wrote:
Yes!
The only ones that benefit from world trade is the government and big business. So many companies farm out their work overseas to virtual slave labor, which is big businesses dream. Americans cannot possibly pare down their life to compete with third world countries, and should not be expected to as long as there are others who feel that they deserve a better lifestyle then those they employ. The loss of jobs due to downsizing in larger companies is now effecting other jobs for those of middle class or below. The people we have elected to represent us must be made to realize that the destruction of America from within will not be tolerated. If it were not for the unions, we would all be slave labor, working for the priviledge to live another day to work ourselves into an early grave, easily replaced by our masters. Everyone has the supposed right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but only the rich can really live this dream. People, where is your passion?? I am disgusted that so few take an interest in the welfare of our nation and there are so many regulations in place to protect any decision that our elected officials make whether it is in our best interest or not.
JIMMYK

Grand Blanc, MI

#4 May 18, 2008
Union All The Way wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones that benefit from world trade is the government and big business. So many companies farm out their work overseas to virtual slave labor, which is big businesses dream. Americans cannot possibly pare down their life to compete with third world countries, and should not be expected to as long as there are others who feel that they deserve a better lifestyle then those they employ. The loss of jobs due to downsizing in larger companies is now effecting other jobs for those of middle class or below. The people we have elected to represent us must be made to realize that the destruction of America from within will not be tolerated. If it were not for the unions, we would all be slave labor, working for the priviledge to live another day to work ourselves into an early grave, easily replaced by our masters. Everyone has the supposed right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but only the rich can really live this dream. People, where is your passion?? I am disgusted that so few take an interest in the welfare of our nation and there are so many regulations in place to protect any decision that our elected officials make whether it is in our best interest or not.
Glad I got to read this post on two different forums. What page of the union answer book did you copy this from.
Seenitbefore

Jenison, MI

#5 May 18, 2008
Jimmy Jon wrote:
Are you KIDDING!?$10 an hour for non-skilled and $22 for skilled trades? What plumber/electrician/carpenter works for $22 an hour? WHat a joke.
Oh no, don't you see the benefit in all this? Now there will be that many more businesses that will hurt even more because there is that much less money to be spent. And another advantage to this "deal" is that much less tax money going into the State so they'll HAVE TO cut back.

Everything is going just as planned. Now we can get rid of all those nuisances such as "big government" and get back to the "wild west" way of living.
fastedrose

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 May 19, 2008
I have been told that I have spelled bad in a prior post.

This is an extremely important life/world/carreer changing vote.

So is your presidentaial election. Will policy change with new leadership? Trade regulations with the third world may effect some of your daily decisions.

Two foundries are closing, and some work will be duplicated at two different pay scales in two different cities. You can only whipsaw if you peg one against the other. So really what are these affected voters voting for? A preposition is a wrong word to end a sentence with.

No easy answers, just gut wrenching decisions, decide, and then you have to live, with it.
John Jr

United States

#7 May 20, 2008
Yeah, let's see here; wages cut in half, pensions gone as a benefit, healthcare cut to nothing, two or three plants closing out East, and all the news media is reporting that AAM workers "...seen to ratify new contract."??!

SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLES!!
tom

Caledonia, MI

#8 May 20, 2008
Jimmy Jon wrote:
so much for your "union Power" it's wilting
in these global times, and you know it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Three Rivers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Oct 22 mick 798
Haunted: Purgatory area in Constantine, Michiga... (Jul '08) Oct 19 Earl Jones 194
Byler Electric, 440 Florence Rd. in Constantine Oct 13 Birdsall 1
lost cat! Oct 11 teddyann8886 1
Review: Vicksburg Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Sep 26 surliner 2
Rural Communications......Any dealings with them? (Mar '06) Sep '14 Nsilky67 21
He having baby!! Aug '14 Johnny Parrish 2
Three Rivers Dating
Find my Match

Three Rivers Jobs

Three Rivers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Three Rivers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Three Rivers