tomas

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#4320 Oct 6, 2009
Sandy wrote:
Hi everybody!
I just signed a contract with telelanguage but I'd like to know if they still have problems regarding payment. Does anybody have any news about the interpreters who did not get their payments?
Thanks.
they do pay but late ,my friend gets his check like one month after performing the job
Semi Hopeful

Carlsbad, CA

#4321 Oct 6, 2009
Telelanguage is one scamy agency with strange people working for them.
tomas wrote:
<quoted text>
they do pay but late ,my friend gets his check like one month after performing the job
tomas

#4322 Oct 7, 2009
Semi Hopeful wrote:
Telelanguage is one scamy agency with strange people working for them.
<quoted text>
well, I will say people who are in need of a job and you know bad companies are taking advantage of that, but to be honest LLS pays on time but they think interpreters are slaves.

Since: Sep 09

Scottsdale

#4323 Oct 7, 2009
Semi Hopeful wrote:
Oh, LLE asked me to work for them and I did. I hardly get calls from them and now I know they are the subcontractor for Cyracom and LSA, coz anythime I miss a call for Cyracom or LSA, I get a call from LLE. I get small checks from them and keep them on the side and hope for larger call volume. I have become a tester for another company, they pay good and so far so good. I think if you check http://www.translatorscafe.com you can find many good gigs, just sign up and post your resume there. You never know who is looking at your resume. They contacted me after I sent my resume and after four months they offered me this job. However, with the nature of interpreting companies, they are nomadic entities and therefore you never know when you have a job and when you do not. Anyhow, something I can highly recommend is Day Translations and this nicest guy name Sean Hopwood is so kind and will give you translation work and pay you on spot. I recommend you check out his website that is called http://www.daytranslations.com Anyhow, I am busy and hope to hear from my good old friends at this site. Please write me back, I miss you guys so bad. I love to be friends with new friends as well. Please keep this place as a support group rather than conflict group. We need to back each other to become a strong profession. There are so much need for us out there and some companies are making millions out of our services. It is only fair if we back each other and have a group therapy or group support to keep up strong and give us a booster for daily struggles. Thanks to all the great interpreters who play big rules in sick and needy people's lives.
<quoted text>
Those are some really great tips. Thank you!
I think you are absolutely right, the interpreters should back each other up, should be strong and united. Should communicate with each other and help each other throughout the struggles of this job.

I don't know what happened in the past, I hope this is not a conflict group. This is the last thing I want. I think I just joined this forum at the wrong time if that is the case.

Anyhow, does anyone know anything about Optimal Phone Interpreters?
They do hire so feel free to contact them by email or phone.
optimalphoneinterpreters.com

Good luck to you all !
*smile*
Katharine

Lawndale, CA

#4324 Oct 7, 2009
Hi CuinAz, Hi how are you doing? Thank you so much for agreeing in sending me the information, my e-mail address is [email protected]
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4325 Oct 7, 2009
Hello everyone, Sami, Semihopeful....
How have you all been? I have been extremely busy refinancing my mortgage, opi for conferences. Not well paid, but 28 per hr for two days is much better than sitting all day long making less than 10o. Unfortunately, those events happened once a year. I wish it happens more frequently.

How have you all been doing?
Someone told me that she heard from the news that my state is out of the recession now. I tell you, I was really stress out when I heard and saw many people around where I live got laid off left and right, especially those who are single mothers and with a few kids in colleges etc. It's very tough. But, aren't we all share our struggles?

Best of luck to all of you.

I haven't filled out the bankruptcy court paper work in regard to Network Omni yet. So far, I only heard a few had filled them out.
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4326 Oct 7, 2009
lol. That's funny.
Semi Hopeful wrote:
I so agree with you. There are times that I check here and see not much of activities and get a bit disappointed. Why are we not using such an amazing media to talk to each other? Why can't we benefit from this place to its fullest? Okay, here is a joke for you interpreters:
Two translators on a ship are talking.
"Can you swim?" asks one.
"No" says the other, "but I can shout for help in nine languages."
Language Barrier
Two highway workers were busy working at a construction site when a big car
with diplomatic license plates pulled up.
"Parlez-vous français?" the driver asks them. The two
workers just stared.
"Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" The two continued to stare at him.
"Fala português?" Neither worker said anything.
"Parlate Italiano?" Still no response.
Finally, the man drives off in disgust.
One worker turned to the other and said, "Gee, maybe we should learn a
foreign language..."
"What for? That guy knew four of them and what good did it do him?"
<quoted text>
Semi Hopeful

Carlsbad, CA

#4327 Oct 7, 2009
Hi there, it is so nice to hear from you. Wow, so good to see my friends back to this site and write again. We should never quit this site, because it is a good place for us to talk to each other. So, tell me how the conference went? I am going to do my very first conference and please give me some tips and ideas about how to handle the situations at the conference. Am I supposed to wear a headset and talk simultounasley? Please advise. I am glad you went and did it. Also, with the flu season, you may get busier than usual. I got busier and gloomy days of zero income are behind and hope things do not dry out for me again. I am separating from my long time partner and need to rely on this job for everything that is something daring to do. Have you heard from other friends such as our friend from Ohio and Sami of course and many other that I can not recall their pen names?
Corona del mar wrote:
Hello everyone, Sami, Semihopeful....
How have you all been? I have been extremely busy refinancing my mortgage, opi for conferences. Not well paid, but 28 per hr for two days is much better than sitting all day long making less than 10o. Unfortunately, those events happened once a year. I wish it happens more frequently.
How have you all been doing?
Someone told me that she heard from the news that my state is out of the recession now. I tell you, I was really stress out when I heard and saw many people around where I live got laid off left and right, especially those who are single mothers and with a few kids in colleges etc. It's very tough. But, aren't we all share our struggles?
Best of luck to all of you.
I haven't filled out the bankruptcy court paper work in regard to Network Omni yet. So far, I only heard a few had filled them out.
Juan Daniel

Lima, Peru

#4328 Oct 7, 2009
tomas wrote:
<quoted text> well, I will say people who are in need of a job and you know bad companies are taking advantage of that, but to be honest LLS pays on time but they think interpreters are slaves.
Tomas,
what companys do they have In DR for OPI?
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4330 Oct 8, 2009
The conference went really well. I was not the only OPI in my lanugage pair. There were a couple of other guys and we took turn every 20-30 minutes simultanously interpeting for delegates from many parts of the world came to participate in annual law and religion symposium. It was very interesting indeed. I found that reps from India and a few other parts of the world are hard to understand due to their heavy accent. My suggestion is to do your best. Some reps didn't provide us their presentation paper for us to go over in advance. So, it is not a surprise for me. You got to try to do your best and there are always room to improve.

Dress professionally. Address them by their titles always such as "madame, sir, your excellency etc" because many of them have link to working with high rank government, kings, and queens etc.

You will do fine.
Semi Hopeful wrote:
Hi there, it is so nice to hear from you. Wow, so good to see my friends back to this site and write again. We should never quit this site, because it is a good place for us to talk to each other. So, tell me how the conference went? I am going to do my very first conference and please give me some tips and ideas about how to handle the situations at the conference. Am I supposed to wear a headset and talk simultounasley? Please advise. I am glad you went and did it. Also, with the flu season, you may get busier than usual. I got busier and gloomy days of zero income are behind and hope things do not dry out for me again. I am separating from my long time partner and need to rely on this job for everything that is something daring to do. Have you heard from other friends such as our friend from Ohio and Sami of course and many other that I can not recall their pen names?
<quoted text>

Since: Sep 09

Scottsdale

#4331 Oct 8, 2009
Katharine wrote:
Hi CuinAz, Hi how are you doing? Thank you so much for agreeing in sending me the information, my e-mail address is [email protected]
Hey Katharine,
I just sent you an email.
Let me know if you got it.
I hope it helps.
I am doing really well. I hope all is well with you too.
Talk to you soon.
Semi Hopeful

Carlsbad, CA

#4332 Oct 8, 2009
Wow, this sounds exciting. I am a bit nervouse because I do not know much about marketing and perhaps there may be some words that I may have to think about and will lose the trail of thoughts. I am not so sure how mine will go, but I am sure I will do okay. At least it will be a good experince to remember for a long time. It is my first and really not so sure how I will do. We shall see, and will let you know about it after I am done. How is your day going today? Are you busy with calls or not? Cyracom is still on the low side for me.
Corona del mar wrote:
The conference went really well. I was not the only OPI in my lanugage pair. There were a couple of other guys and we took turn every 20-30 minutes simultanously interpeting for delegates from many parts of the world came to participate in annual law and religion symposium. It was very interesting indeed. I found that reps from India and a few other parts of the world are hard to understand due to their heavy accent. My suggestion is to do your best. Some reps didn't provide us their presentation paper for us to go over in advance. So, it is not a surprise for me. You got to try to do your best and there are always room to improve.
Dress professionally. Address them by their titles always such as "madame, sir, your excellency etc" because many of them have link to working with high rank government, kings, and queens etc.
You will do fine.
<quoted text>
Katharine

Lawndale, CA

#4333 Oct 8, 2009
Hi CuinAz, thanks, I got your e-mail and answered it back, let me know if you got it. Thank you so much.
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4334 Oct 8, 2009
The more you do it, the more comfortable you will be. It takes time and really no one knows it all (vocabs wise). I'm sure you will do just fine. If you get stuck on certain vocabs, don't beat yourself too hard. Learn as we go along with each project.
Semi Hopeful wrote:
Wow, this sounds exciting. I am a bit nervouse because I do not know much about marketing and perhaps there may be some words that I may have to think about and will lose the trail of thoughts. I am not so sure how mine will go, but I am sure I will do okay. At least it will be a good experince to remember for a long time. It is my first and really not so sure how I will do. We shall see, and will let you know about it after I am done. How is your day going today? Are you busy with calls or not? Cyracom is still on the low side for me.
<quoted text>
tomas

#4335 Oct 8, 2009
Juan Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomas,
what companys do they have In DR for OPI?
Languagr line Services/Omni now own by LLS.PACIFIC INTERPRETERS those are here in the city around the north and east coast they are few more. LLS is here since year 2000 performing modern slavery LOL.
Juan Daniel

Lima, Peru

#4336 Oct 9, 2009
tomas wrote:
<quoted text>
Languagr line Services/Omni now own by LLS.PACIFIC INTERPRETERS those are here in the city around the north and east coast they are few more. LLS is here since year 2000 performing modern slavery LOL.
Omni was here also now its run But LLS thats is Run By MEGO NETWORKS, but some TI`s that work there are very Tired of the calls non stop and getting paid so little, Just like you say slavery
CUinAZ

Scottsdale, AZ

#4337 Oct 9, 2009
Katharine wrote:
Hi CuinAz, thanks, I got your e-mail and answered it back, let me know if you got it. Thank you so much.
Yes, I got it, thanks.
I added some comments regarding my post for Optimal PI. That was just my personal opinion in regards to them.
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4338 Oct 12, 2009
I don't know what happens with Cyracom. I kept getting e-mails that the call volume will be increasing, especially after the Voiance company starts to operate, but I experienced the opposite. There were days that I didn't receive any call. If that is the case, I wonder why they sent us such e-mails and give our hopes up.
Semi Hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Corona del mar

Salt Lake City, UT

#4339 Oct 12, 2009
Man, today is a quiet day like ghost. One call that lasted about 6 min. My phone has been hybernating comfortably. How's your day going? Hope everyone is busy working.
Katharine

Lawndale, CA

#4340 Oct 12, 2009
Does any one know or has had any experience with a MN based company called Dialog One?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thousand Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Mon NKOTBLOCC 4,544
News L.G.B.T. Asian-Americans share stories to educa... (Jul '16) Apr 17 Defeat Maxine Waters 11
Collage (Jan '15) Apr 17 Anonymous 112
Born Again Christians are all liars and all hyp... (Feb '13) Apr 11 Seduciary 16
News Cher re-lists her 13,126-square-foot Italian Re... (Aug '09) Apr 11 truth 2
Are there any Black people in Simi? (Mar '07) Mar 31 Totes 27
Abby Sunderland (Feb '13) Jan '17 Stupid Christian ... 22

Thousand Oaks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Thousand Oaks Mortgages