da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Cute, indeed that is a good name too for an interpreting site that deals with medical field :-) Yes, I agree, I just want people know that we are the rising starts from battle of Omni :-) I will file a lawsuite tomorrow at small claim courts of CA. I am also going to call Jayson and talk to him in person again.
Waiting for my cheques wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should name the site as "Interpreters Rx" to memorize our misfortune and getting therapy instead of promoting their name.
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

Go to ATA website and find so many Spanish interpreting agencies and send resumes left and right to all you find out there. You may be finding yourself taking calls from few good agencies. I did it and making good income via Cyracom and Telelanguage.
Screwed Over wrote:
I'm still waiting; and I am very worried!!:( The worst part is that all they have are machines; you can't talk to anyone and they answer e-mails whenever they please, IF they answer them. It's frustrating--is there a way we can go after them for hiring under false pretenses when they knew they wouldn't be able to pay for services rendered and for breach of contract? I know about the class action lawsuit, but it only goes through May 21st and what happens to the $$$ they owe after that date? Plus I don't know if my family will be able to make it until November with no money...
Waiting for my cheques

Woodbridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

da Interpreter wrote:
Cute, indeed that is a good name too for an interpreting site that deals with medical field :-) Yes, I agree, I just want people know that we are the rising starts from battle of Omni :-) I will file a lawsuite tomorrow at small claim courts of CA. I am also going to call Jayson and talk to him in person again.
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Socal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

da interpreter, how do you manage working for several different agencies? Do you log in to all of them at the same time?

Then if you are on a call with one agency and another one calls you and can't get you, isn't that a problem?

I just got hired by Cyracom, and they say I can't take calls from another company when I'm logged on with them. How do you do it? I worked only for N.O. all these years, so I never tried this. Thanks!
Beth

Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Have they sold Omni already??
corona del mar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Socal, it's very simple. I work for 3 companies and I log on all of them at the same time. I am paid by the minute whenever calls come in base on my availability to take calls. If you are compensated by the hours you work for 1 company (i.g, you contract with company A for 8 hrs daily and in addition, you get paid by the minute also by the same company, then it will be a problem taking calls from other companies during that 8 hrs. block). If you are not compensated by the hours daily, then you can contract with other companies and you can log in at the same time. Yes, there were times when I interpreted for 1 company and other companies desperately tried to call me while I'm interpreting, but that's too bad. We can't interpret for 2 different companies at the same time. If a company pays you, compensates you with decent payment agreement, then yes, you work for 1 company and remain ethical and responsible to interpret for that company 8 hrs/day, 10 hrs/day or whatever and we don't have to worry about working for other companies. If the income from 1 company doesn't cover your basic monthly expense, Socal, you have all the freedom to work for other companies. I hope you find this small tip helpful. Socal, if I were you, I wouldn't sit around waiting for NO to send me calls and forever waiting to receive our paycheck. No, no, no. Not the way NO treats us for these past years. You got to get out of your little nest, exercise your cute little wings and start learning how to fly. You will enjoy and feel very grateful of your new found freedom and experiences. Best of luck.
Socal wrote:
da interpreter, how do you manage working for several different agencies? Do you log in to all of them at the same time?
Then if you are on a call with one agency and another one calls you and can't get you, isn't that a problem?
I just got hired by Cyracom, and they say I can't take calls from another company when I'm logged on with them. How do you do it? I worked only for N.O. all these years, so I never tried this. Thanks!
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

I log lout asap, either via email or by use of cell phone that I carry. It works really well. I am always dedicated to one agency at a time.
Beth wrote:
Have they sold Omni already??
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

I replied at a wrong plce. Sing off with othersn when I get a call. It works really well if you train yourself to do so.

Socal wrote:
Socal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Thank you, corona del mar and da interpreter. It sounds difficult, but I guess I'll get used to it.

It seems N.O. is the only company (besides language line) that "pays" by the hour or by the shift.
David Mego

Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Have a any projects in spanish, english or require both languages we can help.

We are looking for the following:
type of project: data entry, conversion
all types of inbound call center processes

Payment: must pay per hour, no performance base only projects please

Capacity: we can fit up to 1000 agents

no project is to small or to big for us.

email us your project details to megonetworks@gmail.com
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

I was never was told about hourly rate for OPI work, however, Marcia at NO is hiring Spanish speakers by hourly rate. For those of you court certifieds, I just finished orientation with Language Services Associates (LSA) They seem to be real busy with all languages. Wow, every day that goes by, I feel better about myself as an interpreter.
Socal wrote:
Thank you, corona del mar and da interpreter. It sounds difficult, but I guess I'll get used to it.
It seems N.O. is the only company (besides language line) that "pays" by the hour or by the shift.
corona del mar

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

NO breaches hundreds of contracts (not paying us on time in accordance to the contract agreement) and why would we want to sit around and continue to work for the company alone while you have other companies who are screaming out loud wanting to hire you, having strong interest to have you work for their companies. NO breaches its contract agreement, we, too, can work for other companies and make more money whether we contract to work 8 hrs, get paid hourly or whater the agreement is with NO. It's a fair game. Don't you think? Who would want to work for a company that doesn't pay its contractors on time? In this case, many of you including myself didn't get paid since Jan, Feb, who knows since when. Think about it.
Socal wrote:
corona del mar

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

This is the latest news I got from NO today.

"I do not have a date for your next payment. As soon as your payment is
scheduled, we will contact you to let you know when to expect it. I do
sincerely apologize for the additional delays. We very much value you
services. We are still working hard to improve the payment situation.
At
this time, I do not have any more information for you. As soon as
something changes, we will be in touch. Thank you again for you
patience
and understanding.

Jayson
Interpreter Relations
NetworkOmni".

With this kind of coward practices, I will not take calls again until all payment is paid up todate. In addition, I am ready to joint a second wave of "Class Action" lawsuit again.
corona del mar

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Don't expect my services again until all payment is brought up to date. I learn all the lessons with all these years.
corona del mar

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Correction. Instead of "whater" I mean to say whatever.
corona del mar wrote:
NO breaches hundreds of contracts (not paying us on time in accordance to the contract agreement) and why would we want to sit around and continue to work for the company alone while you have other companies who are screaming out loud wanting to hire you, having strong interest to have you work for their companies. NO breaches its contract agreement, we, too, can work for other companies and make more money whether we contract to work 8 hrs, get paid hourly or whater the agreement is with NO. It's a fair game. Don't you think? Who would want to work for a company that doesn't pay its contractors on time? In this case, many of you including myself didn't get paid since Jan, Feb, who knows since when. Think about it.
<quoted text>
corona del mar

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

What about networkowesme.com
Waiting for my cheques wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should name the site as "Interpreters Rx" to memorize our misfortune and getting therapy instead of promoting their name.
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

This is exact email I got from Jayson over and over and over and over..........Exact wording, exact email. Sorry! I am waiting for more than 5K they did not pay!
corona del mar wrote:
This is the latest news I got from NO today.
"I do not have a date for your next payment. As soon as your payment is
scheduled, we will contact you to let you know when to expect it. I do
sincerely apologize for the additional delays. We very much value you
services. We are still working hard to improve the payment situation.
At
this time, I do not have any more information for you. As soon as
something changes, we will be in touch. Thank you again for you
patience
and understanding.
Jayson
Interpreter Relations
NetworkOmni".
With this kind of coward practices, I will not take calls again until all payment is paid up todate. In addition, I am ready to joint a second wave of "Class Action" lawsuit again.
da Interpreter

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

I love it that is cute too. How about paymenowomni.com , or omni2hell.com or wantmymoneynowomni.com or omniactomy.com , would be cute to make T-Shirts or bumper stickers regarding a company that is so unethical, so un-American that can rip off people in broad day light! Do you want to get ripped off? Call Marcia at Network Omni? They deserve a rip off Emmy award of century :-)
corona del mar wrote:
What about networkowesme.com
<quoted text>
Fluffy

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

toronto wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lucky guys,I am still waiting for December,2007. I don't know why they don't equalize among all interpreters!
If it makes you feel better, I am still waiting on reimbursement from Nov 2007, so now 8 months.
Daniel Perez

Chimbote, Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Iíve heard that langue line bought Omni, and they will continue operating in Peru and Dominican Republic

Is this true???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thousand Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 min Flawless 200,565
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr facts faced 15,929
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Use one word....drop one game (Aug '13) Mon _Zoey_ 261
Debate: Ferguson - Camarillo, CA Sun max Williams 1
Kris Jenner tramp Aug 16 Kris 2

Search the Thousand Oaks Forum:
•••

Thousand Oaks News Video

•••
•••

Thousand Oaks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000