Drug dealer to be sentenced today in 'magic mushroom' death

Full story: LA Daily News 69
A Westlake Village drug dealer who admitted selling hallucinogenic mushrooms to a teenager who was killed when she wandered naked onto a freeway is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court today. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“"We can agree to disagree"”

Since: Apr 09

Los Angeles

#61 Aug 5, 2009
Responsibility please wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, mellow out.'Shrooms are NOT garbage. Dealer-dude didn't sell them to the girl, her friend at the party gave them to her. The article didn't say how old the other people were, but I'd bet they were both over and under 18. And, for all you know, she might have begged for her dose.
What are you a FOX News reporter? It's amazing the way you infer and just plain make up stuff, that you spew as a statement. You don't know doo-doo.
Exactly my point. Her friends should be doing time ...

“It's just one big power grab. ”

Since: Apr 08

DogTown

#62 Aug 16, 2009
This is your brain on our government's War on Some Drugs propaganda.

By the same caliber of moral liars who are saying that magic mushrooms are so deadly and dangerous because it can cause people want to run in traffic naked, also made the following statements:

"smoking pot makse women want to sleep with jazz musicians" and

"pot makes some men think they are as good as other men, and

"pot smokers sell their children."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"marijuana is the certain first step on the road to heroin addiction"

"The sensations of the addict are wholly different from those of the user of narcotics. Users of marijuana become stimulated as they inhale the drug and are likely to do anything. Most crimes of violence in this section, especially in country districts, are laid to users of the drug."

"The weed's toxic qualities are not confined to men, but have equally deleterious effects on animals. Kin to the loco weed, marijuana when mixed with hay causes death to the horses that eat it."

Any questions?

And no, I am NOT a drug user. I am just disgusted with having to pay for our government to send people to prison for 15 years because they refuse to tell the truth, then tries to uses it to scare us into spending more money so they can profit from this greedy corrupt game.

Visit
Law Emforcement Against Prohibition
http://www.leap.cc
sasha

United States

#63 Sep 29, 2009
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a 17 year old girl he preyed on. If anyone else should share responsibility it should be her parents. When you have kids you've got to guide them so they don't get themselves into these situations.
If parents would take responsibility for guiding the children they bring into this world we would have less problems and more successes in many areas. "Parents" so quickly forget what it was like and simply repeat the controlling discipline they received. Our children are our mirrors, look in your mirror tonight and see how clean it is.
sasha

United States

#64 Sep 29, 2009
Our society has "voted" in so many different contradicting laws in an attempt to control what happens to those who live or believe differently. Where is the justice that would really make a difference? She stands blindfolded to warn you in every courtroom as a sign that she doesn't care. Eyes are a window to the soul or so many say, if you saw the eyes of justice you would see her lying eyes.
sasha

United States

#65 Sep 29, 2009
Additionally, he was sentenced in August to 15 years. The mother sid no one should have to bury their child. But, look at how many of us do. Stop blaming others and get together and really do something or your opinions do not matter.
gfhgfhffhfh

Thousand Oaks, CA

#66 Oct 4, 2009
hey just want people to know I know people who were her friends and actually while mushrooms caused her hallucinogenic trip she acually smoked meth, the devils drug while taking those mushrooms which caused what she did. Meth is a drug that ruins live and heres another example. While I didnt know her firsthand I had a friend who was friends with the people she was hanging out with that night and they told him that she combined the mushrooms with meth. Meth is a horrible drug and the police just want to stick it to the guy that sold her the mushrooms when really she was double dipping with the wrong drug. why havent the police released the info that she was high on meth also????

“It's just one big power grab. ”

Since: Apr 08

DogTown

#67 Nov 9, 2009
Yes she was actually TRIPLE dipping, meth, pot and shrooms, but that isn't what got her killed.

Those who saw what really happened that night and know the truth about how the police chased this terrified girl onto the freeway have found themselves the continued target of some disturbing intimidation tactics to ensure their continued silence. Once the investigators from the sheriff and prosecutors office decided to blame the shrooms (rather than the officers involved) to explain how and why she ended up on the freeway, they proceeded to ignore any evidence that didn't support their lie, they threatened to file charges against anyone who didn't cooperate and then suppressed the statements of witnesses who came forward with the truth. This was a financial and career saving move done to protect the officers and the county against the significant wrongful death lawsuit the family has every right to file. So many know the truth about this entire tragedy are very aware of what is at stake here and remain concerned for their personal safety.

Evidence of the truth can be easily found, however, publically exposing this requires someone who understands the dangers since this is a political career-destroying scandal that goes all the way to the top. They have already shown they have no integrity and have demonstrated the extreme lengths they are willing to go in order to continue to protect themselves and each other.
Cory

Jonesboro, GA

#68 Sep 7, 2011
dfds wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's the best you got?
This guy didn't force these teenagers to buy his drugs. People need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. Just like drunk drivers die by their own hand, this girl took the same fate.
damn right its not his fault she was not ready to take a spiritual journey, for one two where are her FU&*IN PARENTS ?
Bozo666

Las Vegas, NV

#69 Nov 25, 2013
If someone runs out into traffic, it's their own fault. The drugs are a scapegoat. People make a lot of bad decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thousand Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) Mon Sister Mary 32
News This Day in Music History: January 8th Mar 27 girlone 2
Contract work (May '07) Mar 27 bela 5,077
Abby Sunderland (Feb '13) Mar 24 Viewer 20
CATS!!!!!!!! Cat enclosures, Kittycat Kaves, Ca... Mar 23 Catmandan 1
Review: Camarillo Veterinary Hospital - Song Ch... (Jul '10) Mar 23 Dee Wehrman 5
News Zindagi Games owner aims to make Camarillo work... Mar 17 Medieval 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Ventura County was issued at April 01 at 5:12AM PDT

Thousand Oaks Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Thousand Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]