Drug dealer to be sentenced today in 'magic mushroom' death

Full story: LA Daily News

A Westlake Village drug dealer who admitted selling hallucinogenic mushrooms to a teenager who was killed when she wandered naked onto a freeway is scheduled to be sentenced in federal court today.
Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Throw this guy naked out onto the freeway during rush hour so he gets what he deserves.
dfds

La Canada Flintridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
Throw this guy naked out onto the freeway during rush hour so he gets what he deserves.
Really? That's the best you got?

This guy didn't force these teenagers to buy his drugs. People need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. Just like drunk drivers die by their own hand, this girl took the same fate.
El Mas Chingon

Valencia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Rush hour is usually 2-5mph. Don't think that will work. But I like the idea. How about feeding him some shrooms and drop him off in the middle of the Mojave?
weak sauce

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

she couldnt handle her trip. not the dealers fault at all. and this girl has the worst friends in the world because they needed to understand that ANYTHING could happen when someone consumes shrooms. blame the "friends"
Valley Girl

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

dfds wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy didn't force these teenagers to buy his drugs. People need to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions. Just like drunk drivers die by their own hand, this girl took the same fate.
I agree. However, he needs to do time for this. Drugs will always be available to teenagers/anyone; that's reality -- period. I hope the dead teenager's friends learned something from this terrible incident.

Chatsworth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

El Mas Chingon wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush hour is usually 2-5mph. Don't think that will work. But I like the idea. How about feeding him some shrooms and drop him off in the middle of the Mojave?
You know... you're right. I hadn't finished my morning coffee. I like your idea better.

Chatsworth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

dfds wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a 17 year old girl he preyed on. If anyone else should share responsibility it should be her parents. When you have kids you've got to guide them so they don't get themselves into these situations.
BreadnButter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Why isn't the dude (so-called friend) who set up the drug deal also liable for her death? Without that friend this would not have happened. At least on that day!
mi chiquita

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

that a terrible thing to happend, but like other people said what happend to the other "friends" when they saw her acting up, how come they did not call the parents asap when she started acting up weird. why did they have to lock her up in a room. did someone stayed with her mean wile or left her olone.
west valley

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

not the dealers fault, I agree everyone needs to take personal responsibiity, stop blaming everyone else, is a liquor store responsible if someone gets too drunk and falls off a balcony...of course not
mista c

San Fernando, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

yea thats funny cuz when i ate mushie i got naked too
MackDaddy

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

No good deed goes unpunished. The bratty, snot nosed Westlake Village dopers kill themselves every couple months..either smashing Dad's Porsche or running into traffic high on antihistamines. Let the dude go home and get back to providing his necessary service to the community of privileged, self centered hedonists.
Freak

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Did he put a gun to her head say take these mushrooms,No one forced her to take them,They should charge them friends that put her in that dam closet,why didn't they call 911,some friends, just throw her in closet,call it good,R.I.P,its to bad she didn't have real friends with her that day..
dfds

La Canada Flintridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

<quoted text>
This was a 17 year old girl he preyed on. If anyone else should share responsibility it should be her parents. When you have kids you've got to guide them so they don't get themselves into these situations.
The dealer "preyed" on the girl? Really? Where in the article does it say that?? Unless you have information this article doesn't mention, you've got your facts wrong.

"At some point, one teen contacted a man -- later identified as Roman -- and ordered a quantity of psilocybin "magic mushrooms," the court document said."

Apparently one her friends called the dealer and ASKED to be delivered mushrooms. You've got your story twisted. Sure the dealer should be punished for selling illegal substances, but in no way should he be responsible for the girl's death. What if her friends peer pressured her into taking them and she never intended to??

Like I mentioned earlier, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. If 15 year or kids can be tried as adults for certain crimes, why is this an exception? Those "kids" know what they are doing. Period.
George W Bush

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

if the kid didn't do it in the first place he would still be alive ..its not the dealers fault none of it except breaking narcotic laws that should be repealed anyway..typical liberal crapola blaming someone else instead of taking responsibility for anything
Bubba

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

This guy should be given the same drugs he gave her and make him walk on the freeway naked, whatta scumbag! Or let the parents have 10 minutes with him in a locked room.
Bruin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

It is indeed not Mr. Roman's fault. It was her own and her so called friends. The fist rule of doing shrooms is to have a "sitter," at least one person who is sober. I do agree he should still be charge for the selling of the drug itself, but not the murder of a dumbass girl - darwinism. Anyways, the friends locked her in her room when she was having a bad trip??? that's a bad move on those friends part because being isolated on shrooms does make a person even more crazy-er. I bet the parents sought the opportunity to blame the dealer and not themselves.
Get a rope

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

west valley wrote:
not the dealers fault, I agree everyone needs to take personal responsibiity, stop blaming everyone else, is a liquor store responsible if someone gets too drunk and falls off a balcony...of course not
Should the adult who sold underage students Dillon Klebold and Eric Harris the guns used in the Columbine shooting be held responsible? Personal responsibility can be expected for legal purchases between a competent adult and a responsible business owner but I think when the transaction begins with the sale of ILLEGAL drugs to an UNDERAGE kid perhaps the idiot supplying them should be held responsible. If your child went into a bar and was served alcohol, got drunk and walked into traffic would you solely blame your child? Yes, everyone needs to be responsible for their own actions and this clowns irresponsible actions led to someones daughter being killed. I hope he rots in jail.
So Cal Guy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

You play, You pay. For both sides.

“"We can agree to disagree"”

Since: Apr 09

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

He got 15 years. Her so-called "friends" should get similar sentences...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Thousand Oaks News Video

•••
•••

Thousand Oaks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Thousand Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE