19,395 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Ron

Shaver Lake, CA

#16704 Nov 16, 2013
I don't use the stuff myself, but have changed my mind after becoming educated. My conclusion is regulate it exactly like tobacco or alcohol. It is legal to grown tobacco, or make alcoholic beverages for your own consumption subject to certain regulation, but selling is taxable. Edible or extracted forms of certain types of marijuana has real medical benefits for some. It is more effective against pain than oxycontin but far less toxic. Marijuana is less harmful to society than either tobacco or alcohol, and prohibition only funds the criminal element and prisons. Legalizing alcohol after prohibition did not result in an increase in alcoholics, it will be the same with marijuana. Let our police and prisons focus on real criminals and generate funds through the sin tax.
Over driver

Azusa, CA

#16705 Nov 16, 2013
How do you spot a razor over driver?
spOko

Oakland, CA

#16706 Nov 16, 2013
George D Horwitz wrote:
I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Speak for yourself ...
SpOkrokO

Azusa, CA

#16707 Nov 16, 2013
Never be under sold or understood.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#16708 Nov 16, 2013
Ron wrote:
I don't use the stuff myself, but have changed my mind after becoming educated. My conclusion is regulate it exactly like tobacco or alcohol. It is legal to grown tobacco, or make alcoholic beverages for your own consumption subject to certain regulation, but selling is taxable. Edible or extracted forms of certain types of marijuana has real medical benefits for some. It is more effective against pain than oxycontin but far less toxic. Marijuana is less harmful to society than either tobacco or alcohol, and prohibition only funds the criminal element and prisons. Legalizing alcohol after prohibition did not result in an increase in alcoholics, it will be the same with marijuana. Let our police and prisons focus on real criminals and generate funds through the sin tax.
That claim about pain depends on the person and the reason. Not a true statement the way you presented it. I agree with it being less harmful then cigs and booze. It should be legal, but studies have shown that when people smoke it, they don't drink alcohol or smoke tobacco as much. Those are big industries fighting it. Also if you put a heavy tax on pot, then it will be cheaper to buy it on black market. Or grow it yourself.
Still sharp

Azusa, CA

#16709 Nov 16, 2013
Free razor sharping?

Where and how many can I bring?
whiterabbit

Visalia, CA

#16710 Nov 17, 2013
Ron wrote:
I don't smoke it either and I agree with what you wrote. I don't think it will ever happen. It is complicated, but basically to many parties have to much to lose if it was legalized. Also, I think there is an issue on the federal level because of a treaty that Nixon signed with other countries. Congress would have to vote to break that treaty first.
sockets

Azusa, CA

#16711 Nov 17, 2013
Oh no, another electric razor.
outlawsbuiltthis country

Merced, CA

#16712 Nov 18, 2013
SMOKE POT GO TO JAIL wrote:
smoke dope i'll put you in jail.
hahaha fu go smoke a dick
Wicks

Azusa, CA

#16713 Nov 18, 2013
No need to worry, your just fine.
neo

Visalia, CA

#16714 Nov 18, 2013
outlawsbuiltthiscountry wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha fu go smoke a dick
You're weird and nasty. What does your comment have to do with the topic?
Toss up

Azusa, CA

#16715 Nov 18, 2013
More toss up c r a p isn't it?
lela Thompson

United States

#16717 Nov 19, 2013
Can you just. Believe Obama says . You every some from usa.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#16718 Nov 19, 2013
lela Thompson wrote:
Can you just. Believe Obama says . You every some from usa.
Huh?
lela Thompson

United States

#16719 Nov 19, 2013
That is stupid . People just don't care
flying truck

Azusa, CA

#16720 Nov 19, 2013
If yeah got a problem go to some who really gives a ff.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16721 Nov 20, 2013
Prohibition is the fuel of criminality and terrorism. We know this now. Send the prohibitionists in jail. With the room leaved by the MJ smokers and dealers, you will have plenty of places.
Amanda

Fresno, CA

#16722 Nov 20, 2013
http://cash4job.com/...

make money from just sharin this link :)))))))) not a scam click this link an get starteddddd!!!
give a hoot

Azusa, CA

#16723 Nov 20, 2013
Jokes on you, we or they don't really give a hoot in the woods if you do or don't smoke the stuff.
fred

Mcfarland, CA

#16724 Nov 20, 2013
DeadSenator wrote:
<quoted text>No one would need to come to your home to regulate - if the neighbors don't see it, it doesn't exist. And I'm betting at least one person on your street grows now! A locked room tends to keep everybody out. There are ready to use mouth swab drug tests that are available to detect marijuana use within the last 24 hours. Most Probation offices have these already, to catch probation violations - they are pretty inexpensive and reliable. And they don't take any longer than a breathylizer for a result. They also detect meth use. They should actually be standard equipment in a police car now.
how about the ones with medicinal permission to cultivate for personal use . but don't smoke it. and just get license and grow to sell to make money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Tue Get Unstuck 2
Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows (Oct '09) Dec 12 Annoyed 7
Redondo Beach ranked 20th on list of best South... Nov 29 surfnwerk 1
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Nov '14 star writer 3
Crazy Obama Protester (Feb '14) Oct '14 Mor Amar 6
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... Oct '14 Mata Faka 1
Thousand Oaks Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web