Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
180,121 - 180,140 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, Frankie... Your post "What is a veteran?"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including their life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it", that seems like a bit of self-aggrandizing to me.
I said it for veterans in general, not myself. Get that chip off your shoulder. Sure you don't like me. No reason to disrespect the brave men and women gay and straight who have volunteered to protect your sorry ass should the need arise. And defend your cowardly ass with their lives. Some gave all. All gave some.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the power to anger the hell out of you though. It's fun too!
Not even once, I am laughing along with the other people that read this over my shoulder.

You bring hope to every moron everywhere, every village idiot can have a voice just like you, even if it will just be laughed at for being so moronic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the dictionary Frankie, I never said I was perfect, I never said I was not condescending to an idiot that cannot comprehend simple English but has something to say about every post someone makes replying to other people when he doesnít even have the first clue what the words mean.
When cornered, you lie! If you really think I cannot read, you're stupid. I don't think you're stupid, I think you're a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even once, I am laughing along with the other people that read this over my shoulder.
You bring hope to every moron everywhere, every village idiot can have a voice just like you, even if it will just be laughed at for being so moronic.
I'm not angry, I'm laughing! Big D angrily replied, humorlessly.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, Frankie... Your post "What is a veteran?"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including their life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it", that seems like a bit of self-aggrandizing to me.
I am a Vet, and proud of my service and my fellow Americans who are also vets.

I donít put down people that do not make that choice, but if you are still in the land of the free, thank a vet.( or anyone currently in the service )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

veryverbose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... You're brilliant... Except you seemed to have missed the fact that the word "disorder" is not defined as narrowly as your post suggests.
A issue in terms of psychiatry must meet at least one of two standards before it is considered a "disorder".
1.) A person must experience significant distress concerning the issue at hand. It must impact his/her functioning in society.
2.) The issue must have some negative impact on society.
Depression, anxiety, phobias (which you're so fond of), schizophrenia, developmental disorders, cognitive disorders; all of these are examples of "disorders".
Homosexuality is not a disorder.
Tens of millions of LGBT people around the globe live happy, productive lives. They raise families. They work. They contribute to society.
Those poor closeted cases have an ego-dystonic disorder. Their orientation is at odds with their idealized self-image.
It's very similar to body dimorphic disorder. People want to be thin--even though they are medically healthy. They may engage in bulimia or anorexia to lose weight. They may believe that they are "ugly" and spend tens of thousands of dollars on plastic surgery; only to end up looking bizarre.
Closeted gays will either avoid relationships altogether or date, even marry people who they are not physically or sexually attracted to.
The problem is not their homosexuality. Rather the problem is the anxiety created by the ego-dystonic notions they hold about themselves and where they fit into society.
As I said earlier, closeted gays are only in the closet because of society's bombardment of negative ideas about homosexuality. Religious groups pound away at gays. Uneducated people do the same.
Homosexuality is a naturally occurring orientation along the continuum of human sexual orientation. On one end you have 100% heterosexual. On the other end you have 100% homosexual. In the middle you have bisexual orientation.
Homosexuality has been expressed in some of the earliest documents we have ever found. There are cave drawings that suggest homosexuality among primitive people. It is found in every single culture and society in existence.
And it is found throughout the animal kingdom.
That YOU, a straight person, have a problem with someone being gay--that is YOUR issue. If you experience anxiety, fear, misunderstanding, etc. related to homosexuality, then you have a "disorder".
I would suggest getting help.
You don't get to pretend homosexuality isn't a natural characteristic simply because you believe it shouldn't exist.
Pheew! Almost 500 words to say "I hate you homophobe. Get help"

Veryverbose!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling you out as a liar.
Get in line. There's at least 3 people ahead of you calling Big Dope out for lying. That's his M.O. He lies. And his favorite lie is to call others liars.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get in line..
It is a very long line, a LOT of people have noticed that.
Surived

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Fort Hood says it all..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very long line, a LOT of people have noticed that.
Indeed they have. Why are you proud of it? Lying is nothing to be proud of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Vet, and proud of my service and my fellow Americans who are also vets.
Even Frankie?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get in line. There's at least 3 people ahead of you calling Big Dope out for lying. That's his M.O. He lies. And his favorite lie is to call others liars.
And not once has anyone shown me to ever have lied.

You have had at least 20 notice your constant lying
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh all you want, shitferbrains. You'll still see the posts they've obliterated until you clear your cookies and cache or open the page in another browser. And for a long time I'd seen my posts erased on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Now, if you'd like to attribute some logical operation to a lowest common denominator web site that has some of the most pedestrian software ever seen, "moderated" by those who failed in the Fast Food Industry, then please, by all means, continue with your idiocy.
Sheesh! Was a joke laugh-boy should call you grumpy pants from now on.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. He's having a stent put in it.
Thanks F-man, just because of you now I'm getting overly judged with all these funny sour faces and flames (not the boy dress like girl kind of flames though).
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie of course. Prove I ever lied, liar. Easy!

You can't just declare it to be true, I'm not your wife or kid.

Twenty times? Go fetch! Prove it or apologize. You have your work cut out for you. Prepare your apology.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Sporeaders wrote:
Manure spreaders of America often come here and dump.
And we welcome YOU.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks F-man, just because of you now I'm getting overly judged with all these funny sour faces and flames (not the boy dress like girl kind of flames though).
Yeah yeah. Blame Frankie. Why not. I am the root of all evil on this thread. Just ask Big Dummy or Veryverbose.

If I wasn't here everything would be all kumbaya and Big D's farts would smell like roses.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is a lie of course. That's one more.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... You're brilliant... Except you seemed to have missed the fact that the word "disorder" is not defined as narrowly as your post suggests.
A issue in terms of psychiatry must meet at least one of two standards before it is considered a "disorder".
1.) A person must experience significant distress concerning the issue at hand. It must impact his/her functioning in society.
2.) The issue must have some negative impact on society.
Depression, anxiety, phobias (which you're so fond of), schizophrenia, developmental disorders, cognitive disorders; all of these are examples of "disorders".
Homosexuality is not a disorder.
Tens of millions of LGBT people around the globe live happy, productive lives. They raise families. They work. They contribute to society.
Those poor closeted cases have an ego-dystonic disorder. Their orientation is at odds with their idealized self-image.
It's very similar to body dimorphic disorder. People want to be thin--even though they are medically healthy. They may engage in bulimia or anorexia to lose weight. They may believe that they are "ugly" and spend tens of thousands of dollars on plastic surgery; only to end up looking bizarre.
Closeted gays will either avoid relationships altogether or date, even marry people who they are not physically or sexually attracted to.
The problem is not their homosexuality. Rather the problem is the anxiety created by the ego-dystonic notions they hold about themselves and where they fit into society.
As I said earlier, closeted gays are only in the closet because of society's bombardment of negative ideas about homosexuality. Religious groups pound away at gays. Uneducated people do the same.
Homosexuality is a naturally occurring orientation along the continuum of human sexual orientation. On one end you have 100% heterosexual. On the other end you have 100% homosexual. In the middle you have bisexual orientation.
Homosexuality has been expressed in some of the earliest documents we have ever found. There are cave drawings that suggest homosexuality among primitive people. It is found in every single culture and society in existence.
And it is found throughout the animal kingdom.
That YOU, a straight person, have a problem with someone being gay--that is YOUR issue. If you experience anxiety, fear, misunderstanding, etc. related to homosexuality, then you have a "disorder".
I would suggest getting help.
You don't get to pretend homosexuality isn't a natural characteristic simply because you believe it shouldn't exist.
What a dope, there are probably more drug addicts, child molesters, arsonists, thiefs, etc. etc. than gays and they all live normal (on the outside) lives. So you level your sexual desires with the animal kingdom??Oh my God!! I guess that has some kind of correlation with how you think huh. Yeah, I seen dogs humping plenty of legs so I guess you get a pass on that.:) When my phobic disorder becomes an issue, I'll come to you for treatment on a way to twist my thinking into believing I'm actually normal and O.K. Thanks for your loving support and help.Love ya@!! Make sure you give me a good judge now> wet kiss mmmm.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah. Blame Frankie. Why not. I am the root of all evil on this thread. Just ask Big Dummy or Veryverbose.
If I wasn't here everything would be all kumbaya and Big D's farts would smell like roses.
Don't cry F-man I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Is it the camp smoke or the farts that are making you tear up? Here, I'll give you a smiley face judge, that makes you happy>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Westlake Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westlake Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••