Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,158

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204974 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is your assumptions
you equate Divorce = always bad for kids
I don’t
I have seen kids in terrible marriages, I have seen the damage
I equate People willing to work on their relationships to keep their marriage strong = good
I also equate people that are not willing to work on their relationships and rely on the government to keep their marriage together = bad
My “goal” is not to lower the divorce rate, my “goal” is to encourage people to not rely on the government and work on their relationships to build a stronger family, I think that is better than your “relationship welfare program”( chuckle )
I have a "relationship welfare program"?( chuckle )

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204975 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
Oh please! Our "condition"?

At least we're not walking around with a micro-penis and vag.

Now THAT'S a condition!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204976 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please! Our "condition"?
At least we're not walking around with a micro-penis and vag.
Now THAT'S a condition!
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.

Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204977 Jul 26, 2013
http://queersunited.blogspot.com/2008/12/word...

Homosexism" is the belief that gay or lesbian identities are superior to bisexual and/or straight orientations. The "homosexist" viewpoint sometimes leads to discrimination against those who are not homosexual.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here again, you seem to think that homosexuals are looking at how heterosexuals live their married lives--trying to learn from you.
We're adults. We know what we want out of marriage.
Just because you guys screw up your marriages doesn't mean that we have any intention of doing the same.
God, the absolute arrogance you have! You honestly believe that gays look up to you--believing that you know better than us as to how to live our lives.
Look up heterosexist and heterosexism.
What a douche...
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#204978 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
The obvious denial is that you have no love in your life, only hate and fear..How sad for you.

Location hidden

#204979 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
The obvious denial is that you have no love in your life, only hate and fear..How sad for you.
Yes, hate is the only reason for anyone disagreeing with ss marriage.

You are blonde, right?

Location hidden

#204980 Jul 26, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/us/
in-debate-over-military-sexual -assault-men-are-overlooked-vi ctims.html?pagewanted=all& _r=0

Though women, who represent about 15 percent of the force, are significantly more likely to be sexually assaulted in the military than men, experts say assaults against men have been vastly underreported. For that reason, the majority of formal complaints of military sexual assault have been filed by women, even though the majority of victims are thought to be men.

“Men don’t acknowledge being victims of sexual assault,” said Dr. Carol O’Brien, the chief of post-traumatic stress disorder programs at the Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Health Care System in Florida, which has a residential treatment program for sexually abused veterans.“Men tend to feel a great deal of shame, embarrassment and fear that others will respond negatively.”
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204981 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn’t say that, I said I don’t know of any that don’t support same sex marriage.
I have not lost any friends over my views.
I probably just don’t travel much in the gutter trash circles you do.
Is THAT how you view the majority of Americans?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204982 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I don't know why anyone would take the position that marriage is not associated with procreation unless they were trying to spin something.
Because they're stupid...And they think that we are, too...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204983 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t know why someone would mention procreation as having anything to do with being able to marry, it isn’t now, and never has been, at least not in this country.
That's because it was the original concept behind marriage. You need to get up to speed, D.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204984 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have some interesting information for you that you are obviously ignorant of.
There are millions of people married who either cannot, or choose not to have children. Our government has not restricted marriage only to people who can or intend to have children. That isn’t an opinion, that is a fact.
There has never been a law restricting people from marrying because of their ability or intent to have children or not.
It never has, and we are not about to vote in a new law so you can specifically exclude these people.
You're a fine one to talk about needing to get caught up. Marriages have been anulled for infertility. It used to matter, before the lawyers found out how to twist the Constitution into a Contract of Entitlement.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204985 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like a little puppet on strings.. Dance Frankie.. Dance!( chuckle )
D....That's just flat-out silly. And, laughing at your own jokes?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204986 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go
you are implying and I will be happy to correct you
procreation is not now nor has ever been needed to obtain a marriage license, and has no place in any argument against same sex marriage.
Dance Frankie! Dance!
I'm beginning to think that you are overdosing on your meds....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204987 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo!

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204988 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once have I, I don't need to, I have the luxury of being right
It has not now nor ever been a requirement in this country
I've caught you lying. Many times. And offered you proof of it. You've ignored my offers.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204989 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once have I, I don't need to, I have the luxury of being right
It has not now nor ever been a requirement in this country
Ignored them. Like ignoring the 800 lb gorilla. It doesn't disappear simply by ignoring it.(It's still there)
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204990 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I find it hilarious that homosexuals keep talking about no 'requirement' for procreation.
Especially when marriage needs protection NOT to procreate, and gays need protection to HAVE sex!
LOL
It's like the child begging for a cookie. Being told "no". And the child pouting "it was made to be eaten." As if that is enough to justify it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204991 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a homosexual, and I am telling you now ( over and over ) that procreation is not now nor ever has been a requirement for marriage in this country
Ya know......(not sure about this).....I do believe that we've heard that, already. I might be wrong about it, but suspect that it has already been pointed out.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204992 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"As legal a marriage as yours or mine"? Ya don't say. So the state has the same expectations of a same sex marriage as it does an opposite sex marriage, the same presumptions? It makes the same pronouncement, as in "By the power vested in me by the state, I now pronounce you husband and wife"?
<quoted text>
True
True
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhh.....therein lies the distinction, pun intended. As we already discussed, same sex couples, cannot, according to the legal definition in that state, "consumate" their marriage by the first act of sexual intercourse, also know as colitis. Thanks for playing though. But don't worry, u won't go home empty handed, we have a collectors set of "Big D" action figures.
Do those action figures have the capes? And, thought balloons that read "I'm all that matters"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204993 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know......(not sure about this).....I do believe that we've heard that, already. I might be wrong about it, but suspect that it has already been pointed out.
Many many times, but as long as they keep bringing up procreation as an argument, I will remind them again.

They forget so easily

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2
Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows (Oct '09) Dec 12 Annoyed 7
Redondo Beach ranked 20th on list of best South... Nov 29 surfnwerk 1
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Nov '14 star writer 3
Crazy Obama Protester (Feb '14) Oct '14 Mor Amar 6
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... Oct '14 Mata Faka 1
Thousand Oaks Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web