Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204456 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that. We both know and understand no such thing. Procreation is closely associated with marriage. It is one of the main reasons the government supports marriage and gives benefits to marriage.
Why you would attempt to spin that away is telling.
Our government does not require any couple to have the ability or intent to have children in order to marry, and never has.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204458 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the fundamental reason they are opposed to same sex marriage being legal is the inability for same sex couples to have children. They have said so repeatedly, one person in nearly every post they make.
Else there would not be the constant reference to “sterile”,“barren” as a reason for a reference to what they call "a sham of a marriage"
And every time they bring it up, I will remind them, and it makes no difference to me if you like it or not.
You are not important
Just stop lying and trying to spin it that anyone said procreation is a requirement of marriage.

You are equally as important as I.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204460 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government does not require any couple to have the ability or intent to have children in order to marry, and never has.
Right. And no one here has said that it is. Admit that or re-post a post where someone stated that procreation is a requirement.
Hello Look into it

Lodi, CA

#204461 Jul 24, 2013
Please tell me where in the constitution it states that it is a "right" that a union of a gay couple be called a marriage? The definition of "marriage" is between a man and a woman. Your rights to life, liberty and happiness do not include "marriage" as a defined institution. You have the ability as a gay couple to be "in union" with each other. You just do not meet the criteria for "marriage." Call it something else. Create your own word that represents your specific "union." Something like "egairram" which of course is "marriage" spelt backwards. And, while you're creating your own words and world, be sure to establish laws that define how a gay couple that dissolves their union (Have to say Gosh forbid...because God - or the Bible, does not define marriage as a gay "united" couple.)and has children, how the law will interpret who gets the child(ren)- if the partners can't agree and there's no evident negligence and each are equitably the same. How about you look into that? Where's your manners anyway?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204462 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not see where Warren Jeffs married a 12 year old girl as well as a 15 year old? Did not not understand that according to Muslim law, girls as young as 9 mat be married??? Damn and these are the polygamists that you support. WTF Frank?
I am not advocating children marrying. I am not advocating anyone commit crimes.

Is that your whole dopey argument against marriage equality? Work on it. It's bogus.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204463 Jul 24, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You are the most ignorant poster on topix, or a troll. You pick
Nah. You are. The angriest too. Well, maybe it's a tie with Joanie Baloney.
Over the Sholder

Monrovia, CA

#204464 Jul 24, 2013
July 2013 the latest cup report is the average bra size rises to 34DD.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204465 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that. We both know and understand no such thing. Procreation is closely associated with marriage. It is one of the main reasons the government supports marriage and gives benefits to marriage.
did you forget what you said in the last 30 min? Just how bad is your Alzheimer’s? I will respond to it again

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204466 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
did you forget what you said in the last 30 min? Just how bad is your Alzheimer’s? I will respond to it again
No one here has stated that procreation is a requirement for marriage.
Stand Tall

Monrovia, CA

#204467 Jul 24, 2013
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204471 Jul 24, 2013
Jayzbird58 Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, you alone got it right. Wrong.
There are restrictions on marriage, period. That includes age, polygamy, incest and same sex.
You would be lying. Same sex marriage is NOT recognized on the federal level. The federal government does not recognize civil or same sex unions, THEY HONOR THE DESIGNATIONS BY THE LONE STATES WHO DO SO. If you get married in Buttlick, Mass your union is not recognized in sinful Nevada.
Dang skippy, Nevada allows prostitution in some counties, but even they see homosexuality as worse than prostitution. You know, since prostitution is what caused gay men and lesbians to choose homosexuality. Oldest trade on the planet. A gay has to make a living, I guess.
You are behind the times, section 3 of DOMA has been stuck down, the federal government recognizes all same sex marriages preformed in the states that recognize them. the only same sex couples who are legally married did so in states that recognize them, hence every legal same sex marriage is recognized by the federal government.

Catch up on the news of the last couple of months and come back
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204472 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one here has stated that procreation is a requirement for marriage.
You just implied that was the case, I am happy to correct you.

Procreation has no place in a discussion about the legal right to marry
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204473 Jul 24, 2013
Over the Sholder wrote:
July 2013 the latest cup report is the average bra size rises to 34DD.
And that's for the guys. Man boobs or trannie surgery.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#204474 Jul 24, 2013
Jayzbird58 Buster wrote:
<quoted text>.....
Dang skippy, Nevada allows prostitution in some counties, but even they see homosexuality as worse than prostitution. You know, since prostitution is what caused gay men and lesbians to choose homosexuality. Oldest trade on the planet. A gay has to make a living, I guess.
Hmmm, got a point about some people changing their sexual preferences over money. Sounds reasonable to me, money, sexual gratification, moral decay, sex drugs ,disease,die.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204475 Jul 24, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You just implied that was the case, I am happy to correct you.
Procreation has no place in a discussion about the legal right to marry
Big D whimpered, after trying and failing to spin it that someone stated procreation is a requirement for marriage.
No Shows

Monrovia, CA

#204476 Jul 24, 2013
What do scum like the GOP, RNC, Tea Party REPUBLICANS ALL HAVE IN COMMON? There do nothings, the whole bunch of them!

Obama says D.C. has taken its eye off the ball, blaming GOP for gridlock in government.

They are Oh so good at dragging their 5 year old mentality feet, too. There a bunch of NO SHOWS.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204477 Jul 24, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>And that's for the guys. Man boobs or trannie surgery.
I bet Poof has big floppy baloney-tits.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204478 Jul 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I waste the time with a deliberate and continual liar?
You can't even be honest about accusing me of troll behavior because I exposed a gay troll.
You live a lie, and you demand others join your deceit.
Oh, I imagine a pastor would jump at the chance to meet with a "reprobate". Isn't that what you do? Aren't you supposed to be out saving souls and whatnot?

My guess, again, is that you won't face someone who is real. You'll only deal with this issue (as you do with most things) in the abstract.

You're not interested in reality.

I'll pay your gas to and from Knoxville (if you're still in Greeneville) to come to a gay men's discussion group, where you can address all of us in one room. We'd only be too happy to meet with you and hear your side.

Are you up for it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204479 Jul 24, 2013
No Shows wrote:
What do scum like the GOP, RNC, Tea Party REPUBLICANS ALL HAVE IN COMMON?*There do nothings, the whole bunch of them!
Obama says D.C. has taken its eye off the ball, blaming GOP for gridlock in government.
They are Oh so good at dragging their 5 year old mentality feet, too.*There a bunch of NO SHOWS.
*They're
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204480 Jul 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D whimpered, after trying and failing to spin it that someone stated procreation is a requirement for marriage.
Don’t worry, as long as no one mentions procreation as any even a distantly related reason to not allow same sex couples to marry.

I won’t bring it up again

However if anyone mentions the ability to have children in any way at all as an argument to not allow same sex couples to marry, as you did, I will be happy to correct them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redondo Beach ranked 20th on list of best South... 2 hr mossy seaman 2
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2
Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows (Oct '09) Dec 12 Annoyed 7
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Nov '14 star writer 3
Crazy Obama Protester (Feb '14) Oct '14 Mor Amar 6
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... Oct '14 Mata Faka 1

Winter Storm Watch for Ventura County was issued at December 28 at 1:27PM PST

Thousand Oaks Dating
Find my Match