Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197977 Jun 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
DOWN GOES DOMA!!! DOWN GOES DOMA!!!
A victory for marriage equality is a victory for polygamy too! WOO~HOOO! Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197979 Jun 26, 2013
Bill Clinton's hateful DOMA is struck down! WOO~HOOO!
laughing man

UK

#197980 Jun 26, 2013
5 to 4, Brucie, so it's not a Mandate.

Just wanted to remind you that not everybody is for you, as your GLAAD script has claimed.
laughing man

UK

#197981 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A victory for marriage equality is a victory for polygamy too! WOO~HOOO! Ah good times!
5 to 4 means they'll have to propagandize that much harder in order to marry their dogs.
Sally

Berkeley, CA

#197982 Jun 26, 2013
Down goes DOMA, up goes GAS for gays.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#197984 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand how stupid you look right now?
I will 'cure' no one.
Second, I'm on record as asserting the salvation of homosexuals will be Christians. You 'deduced' from that I was trying to eliminate them.
Clearly you do not understand how stupid you look.

GOD: Mark 16:17-18, which says, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Since you allege you are a believer you should lay your hands on the gays, whom you consider sick, and surprise, all gays will become heterosexual, although few would want that.

Your stupid Biblegod says that gays shall be put to death, are you so stupid you do not know who is supposed to do that putting? Surprise it's you!
Leadership

Monrovia, CA

#197985 Jun 26, 2013
Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis did it!

The sweeping anti-abortion bill that would have decimated women’s rights in Texas was defeated last night, thanks to Texas Sen. Davis’s heroic 13-hour filibuster that she completed against all odds.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#197987 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is that polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage,...
I am in complete agreement with that. The relationships other consenting adults form is no ones business. Only the people involved should make the decisions about it. We need to get Government out of our lives, all of our lives.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197990 Jun 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not understand how stupid you look.
GOD: Mark 16:17-18, which says, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."
Since you allege you are a believer you should lay your hands on the gays, whom you consider sick, and surprise, all gays will become heterosexual, although few would want that.
Your stupid Biblegod says that gays shall be put to death, are you so stupid you do not know who is supposed to do that putting? Surprise it's you!
Take it to the fundie threads, fundie.
laughing man

UK

#197993 Jun 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is true. It's a fact, and proven by your "closet logic".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197994 Jun 26, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in complete agreement with that. The relationships other consenting adults form is no ones business. Only the people involved should make the decisions about it. We need to get Government out of our lives, all of our lives.
We agree then. Most of those supporting same sex marriage are hypocrites when it comes to any form of marriage they don't like.

We agree on marriage equality. But your weird fundie crap has got to go! This isn't the place for it.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#197996 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it to the fundie threads, fundie.
Take it to the polygamy threads, dipshit.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#197998 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree then. Most of those supporting same sex marriage are hypocrites when it comes to any form of marriage they don't like.
We agree on marriage equality. But your weird fundie crap has got to go! This isn't the place for it.
And we have been telling YOU that this is NO place for POLY too, but you keep going. Soon as this thread is obsolete (on the ruling) in Calif. Turn it into a POLY thread.....LOL Have fun.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#197999 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your denials,
mat·ing (mtng)
n.
The pairing of a male and a female for the purpose of reproduction.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
mating
[m&#257;&#8242;ting]
Etymology: D, mate, companion
the pairing of individuals of the opposite sex, primarily for purposes of reproduction.
Wow! How deceitfully disingenuous of you!!! Seems out of several definitions, you would like to pretend that only one is valid!!! Here are the first two from American Heritage Dictionary.

mat·ed, mat·ing, mates

v.tr.
1. To join closely or combine:
2. To cause to be united in marriage or a romantic sexual relationship.

NEITHER requires procreation. And both are definitions to the word mating from the same dictionary you used.

Why all the deception KiMare??!!! Apparently integrity isn't something you fundies concern yourself with!!
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry? It makes you dumb.
I'm not angry at all dear. Exposing your deceptive ways makes me giddy!!

It would appear that fundies pick and choose from the dictionary the same way they pick and choose from their bible!!!!!

How you coming along with providing the room with the state or federal documentation that covers the "constraints" you keep talking about? Will you be providing that anytime soon hon? How about the scientific research that is being conducted on "curing" gays. We are all still anxiously awaiting the information you are going to provide on all that research and the clinical trials that are currently being conducted!!! Will you be forwarding this information anytime soon?
momomomomom

Springfield, MA

#198000 Jun 26, 2013
of course the peoples vote doesnt count but again Cal. is broke. and is considered part of mexico lololololol
Leadership

Monrovia, CA

#198001 Jun 26, 2013
Texas abortion bill fails to pass after epic filibuster, those stupid hicks (men) got their backsides kicked around and I like it.

You can't tell a woman what to do with her body.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198002 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Frank, in the 12 states that allow same sex marriage, that is what happened. WE took it up with our Rep's.
My point is, I am allowed to discuss polygamy without writing my congressman or seeking your permission. Your attempt to censor the mere mention of polygamy out of a discussion of marriage speaks volumes.

Why are you a hypocrite?
Groucho

San Jose, CA

#198003 Jun 26, 2013
There's a faq fest going on in front of the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington.
This is the end of Western Civilization!
:-/
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198004 Jun 26, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it to the polygamy threads, dipshit.
This is a perfectly good marriage equality thread. Take it to the whiner threads.

P.S. If I typed out "sh!t" as you do, I would be banished.
momomomomom

Springfield, MA

#198005 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
man and women create children, adopt doesnt count, or playing god esp when you expect taxpayers to pay for ya, get married who cares, we will reconize it but stay out of the taxpayers pocket next we are going to be able to marry more then one and have 20 wifes then what. maby we can marry are animals, can i clame my dog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2
Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows (Oct '09) Dec 12 Annoyed 7
Redondo Beach ranked 20th on list of best South... Nov 29 surfnwerk 1
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
Gwyneth Paltrow hosts star-studded fundraiser... Nov '14 star writer 3
Crazy Obama Protester (Feb '14) Oct '14 Mor Amar 6
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... Oct '14 Mata Faka 1

Freeze Warning for Ventura County was issued at December 27 at 10:35PM PST

Thousand Oaks Dating
Find my Match