Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows

Review: Capstone Coatings & Windows

Posted in the Westlake Village Forum

1moreX

Manhattan Beach, CA

#1 Oct 2, 2009
I am not the first from my research, but I sincerely wished I could say I'd be the last scammed person from Capstone...BBB 16 out of 18 complaints that they don't perform to the contract and yep...here's #17!
Chuck

Chatsworth, CA

#3 Apr 20, 2011
1moreX wrote:
I am not the first from my research, but I sincerely wished I could say I'd be the last scammed person from Capstone...BBB 16 out of 18 complaints that they don't perform to the contract and yep...here's #17!
I was scammed by Capstone (Northridge,CA) on eShield attic insulation. Capstone a subcontractor for Costco. Any similar experiences?
Lee

Temecula, CA

#4 Jul 19, 2011
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was scammed by Capstone (Northridge,CA) on eShield attic insulation. Capstone a subcontractor for Costco. Any similar experiences?
I just had a quote from them last night for the eshield. What did they do to scam you. Please let me know!!
John Doe

San Leandro, CA

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Total scam/over priced/shitty work. Don't trust this company, especially Daniel Kenny/capstone northridge
Costco customer

Cerritos, CA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
The gentleman came out to give me a quote on the eWall coating advertised through Costco. He looked at the house and said it would cost $$$. He did no measure the house. He stated that he could measure the house but that if he measured and the cost was more based on the measurement, then the estimate would be based on the measurement. I declined the services due to this.

Ever since I got the estimate, I have been called at least weekly by the company and it's various other home improvement companies (solar, windows).
Lost Customer in Simi Val

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 22, 2014
Tim Belknap (Vice President of Sales) came to my home and parked in my driveway. When he left I told him to be careful backing out because my driveway has two brick posts at the bottom. So, Tim swung out and drove over my flower garden where he broke a large ceramic rabbit. He gave me his business card and told me to send him the cost of a replacement. I did. No response. Iíve called and emailed the company multiple times and they won't put me thru to anyone (including Tim). Business must be really bad if they can't take responsibility for a $40 garden decoration. Not a company I'd want to do business with.

Annoyed

Anaheim, CA

#8 Dec 12, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was scammed by Capstone (Northridge,CA) on eShield attic insulation. Capstone a subcontractor for Costco. Any similar experiences?
I think I am in the process of being scammed by this company. They charged me 40% because they said they had to before starting a job. But we haven't even gotten approval from the city and haven't even gotten our permits yet. And it happens that the job can't be done. I was promised a full refund but now they are making excuses and the boss Daniel Kenny is avoiding my calls. All they do is make excuses. I'm considering taking legal action. What did you do??
Carolyn

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Aug 22, 2017
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I am in the process of being scammed by this company. They charged me 40% because they said they had to before starting a job. But we haven't even gotten approval from the city and haven't even gotten our permits yet. And it happens that the job can't be done. I was promised a full refund but now they are making excuses and the boss Daniel Kenny is avoiding my calls. All they do is make excuses. I'm considering taking legal action. What did you do??
Run the other direction! Scammer and big time liar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get green and meths in Van Nuys Mar 26 Alonso 1
News California needs new laws to boost earthquake s... Mar '18 Solarman 5
News California is overdue for another giant earthquake Feb '18 ThomasA 2
News Memorials in Los Angeles, Thousand Oaks to hono... (May '14) May '14 moderate 4
News Gathering in Thousand Oaks remembers Newtown tr... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Suresh 1
News Baha'i faithful in area hope Iranian persecutio... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Aminu 1
News Bravos!: August 18, 2012 (Aug '12) Aug '12 Just wondering 1

Westlake Village Jobs

Personal Finance

Westlake Village Mortgages